[APP][4.1+] Snype - fastest way to access apps and contacts

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4977904

ygBKxZY.png

Hi all!

I wasn't satisfied with any of the current methods of accessing all apps/contacts so I set out to create my own.

I present to you, Snype.

Snype has a unique dual-index system where switching between "snyping" apps and contacts is almost instant. It has changed the way I use my device and has done the same for many of my beta testers.

It also has a unique "side panel" mode where apps and contacts can be accessed simply by scrolling a finger up or down the edge of the display, which is always active no matter which app you are currently in. A list will appear and automatically begin scrolling to the location in the index that the finger is pointing to.

Snype does not try to replace your launcher. In fact, I designed it so that I would be able to use any launcher I like and not have to worry about the launcher's implementation of the app drawer. This means it's very easy to have a completely uncluttered, beautiful home screen and still be only a second away from accessing any app or contact you desire.

There are no ads and all functionality is available for free. The premium upgrade allows full customisation of the appearance of the lists.

Let me know how it goes for you!

D

Deleted member 4977904

I should mention that the premium upgrade is available for $0.99 for a short period of time to celebrate the launch of Snype. It will be a bit more later.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwiio

Mar 26, 2014
Really good app. I will give you 5 stars!

Some things to change:

- Add more languages
- if possible the alphabet lists have a title to know that one it is for apps, and the other for contacts.
- A widget and a direct access from home.

D

Deleted member 4977904

Really good app. I will give you 5 stars!

Some things to change:

- Add more languages
- if possible the alphabet lists have a title to know that one it is for apps, and the other for contacts.
- A widget and a direct access from home.

Thanks for the excellent feedback.

More languages is actually a surprisingly large challenge due to the indexes. It is something that I might look into again later, but when I was having a crack at it before there were some significant technical hurdles.

I have thought about doing something to let you know at a glance which is for apps and which is for contacts... like different colours or something. I'm not sure. Where do you think the title should go? There's not much room there.

I also looked into doing a widget. Unfortunately widgets don't support all kinds of views so making a widget with this functionality is impossible unless the launcher is built specifically for it. That's actually the main reason I implemented the side panels, because I knew the widget would not be possible.

V

vikas724

ability to launch apps in halo would be nice. And maybe icon theme support. Very nice and useful app by the way:good:

D

Deleted member 4977904

I just released an update to fix some crashes in the initial release.

D

Deleted member 4977904

I just released an update which added animation to the side panels, adds Snype to the list of apps and fixes some bugs. I'm still trying to hunt down some bugs that occur only on some devices. Let me know if you have one of those devices please. :)

D

Deleted member 4977904

Okay, I think I've got all the known bugs fixed. Let me know if there's anything else wonky.

D

Deleted member 4977904

Just released an update with a new feature: favourites bar.

Now it's even faster to access those special few apps and contacts you use most often.

cities516

Dec 19, 2012
Taipei
I love the ability to search contracts easily! And light theme looks cool.
Keep it up!:good:

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
Very good idea. I'm thinking about replacing my app drawer with this app. Unfortunately the fly in and out animations are somewhat jerky (using a Note 3).

D

Deleted member 4977904

Very good idea. I'm thinking about replacing my app drawer with this app. Unfortunately the fly in and out animations are somewhat jerky (using a Note 3).

Yeah, Samsung devices seem to do that. I'm not sure why, since even my Galaxy Nexus is pretty smooth and the Note 3 is much more powerful. I'll keep trying to make it smoother for you.

Reactions: paranoid2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4977904
    ygBKxZY.png

Hi all!

I wasn't satisfied with any of the current methods of accessing all apps/contacts so I set out to create my own.

I present to you, Snype.

Snype has a unique dual-index system where switching between "snyping" apps and contacts is almost instant. It has changed the way I use my device and has done the same for many of my beta testers.

It also has a unique "side panel" mode where apps and contacts can be accessed simply by scrolling a finger up or down the edge of the display, which is always active no matter which app you are currently in. A list will appear and automatically begin scrolling to the location in the index that the finger is pointing to.

Snype does not try to replace your launcher. In fact, I designed it so that I would be able to use any launcher I like and not have to worry about the launcher's implementation of the app drawer. This means it's very easy to have a completely uncluttered, beautiful home screen and still be only a second away from accessing any app or contact you desire.

There are no ads and all functionality is available for free. The premium upgrade allows full customisation of the appearance of the lists.

Let me know how it goes for you!
    D
    Deleted member 4977904

Yeah, Samsung devices seem to do that. I'm not sure why, since even my Galaxy Nexus is pretty smooth and the Note 3 is much more powerful. I'll keep trying to make it smoother for you.