Full unroot and stock recovery?

Search This thread

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Just wondering how i can do this?

Im having over heating problems while video calling(the phone gets so hot it shuts down) and I need to take it back for exchange. If they see super user im dead in the water.

How do I unroot and go back to stock recovery?

Just delete the super user app. There should be an unroot option in there somewhere. You shouldn't need to worry about the recovery. But I believe there is a stock recovery in the non carrier branded forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
It just comes right back at start up. I tried a couple of times

You could download this rom and once it's done downloading open the .zip up and delete Superuser.apk from either /system/app or Data/app. Then when you boot up it should look normal enough. After that you could just flash a stock recovery

IMO that's your best option since I haven't seen a ruu yet.

Reactions: combatmedic870

Stripperxxx

Oct 13, 2014
Please Help me Dudes

Yo

I have a quick question for the administrators. I was on Cyanogenmod with TWRP Recovery on my Htc one M8, i did everything stock (installed 2.22.401.4 odexx stock rom, with stock recovery, relocked the bootloader and turner S-ON) Now i have OTA update and when i click install now it shows red triangle and the update fails. When i go into recovery it shows something like 2.22.401.4 "something is wrong or missing something-i dont like to go into recovery to see again but i think you know this issue ) Can you please tell me what to do guys i dont want to sell my htc m8 and i want to get the OTA's in the future without any problem. Btw my phone is bought from T-Mobile Macedonia, where i wondered is this t-mobile RUU for all countries T-Mobile devices or just US?

I will be very grateful for your answers dudes.
Thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It just comes right back at start up. I tried a couple of times

You could download this rom and once it's done downloading open the .zip up and delete Superuser.apk from either /system/app or Data/app. Then when you boot up it should look normal enough. After that you could just flash a stock recovery

IMO that's your best option since I haven't seen a ruu yet.