[DEV][CM9] Iconia ICS Project - New builds 8 July

Search This thread

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
People running the honeycomb bootloader can get the ROM for the A500 running by flashing this:
Users with the Honeycomb bootloader can use the following boot.img (flash after the rom)
picasso_cm9_hc_bl_bootimg-signed.zip
md5 4dd954cf0f60deca02c6c93880fd1fcb
While reading the last pages of the conversation it appears that most people think they flash a bootloader with that zip.
But I was under the impression that that package contains a kernel.
Could one of you confirm this or correct me?

Taptalked u see

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
it works fine with the honeycomb bootloader. install notepad++ for changing the update-script in both the cm9 zip and the honeycomb bootloader zip. flashes and boots just fine.
This should not be necessary in future releases... have added in an assert for a500 to the updater script.
nice rom but i have everytime this wakelocks :(
So you have a wakelock problem?
It is more likely to be a rogue app causing this.
I would suggest installing chamonix' rather excellent app Better Battery Stats & seeing what that has to report.
If there's an issue with the rom, I'm more than happy to look into it, but, need more info.
While reading the last pages of the conversation it appears that most people think they flash a bootloader with that zip.
But I was under the impression that that package contains a kernel.
Could one of you confirm this or correct me?
Yes, that is correct, it has a modified boot.img to work with the hc bootloader...
Might need to make the wording on that a little more explicit.

WRT kernel, the A100 & A500 are running the leaked kernel,
As we are aiming to have one kernel tree for all the devices, we made the decision not to waste time on an old kernel base & look forward to the source drop from Acer... which, of late, does seem to be happening reasonably promptly after release.

And finally, a progress update:
There's a fair bit going on in the background in preparation for the merge with cm... hopefully will have an announcement soon. :)

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
Why not release a working ROM then?

They did. There is a line in the updater that does a device check, but different recoveries name the device different things. People naming the device something other than the official name is out of their control. The easy solution is for the user to remove the line if it is causing issues.

Since the github link is posted, why don't you fix the issue so it will work with every recovery and put in a pull request?

Sent from my tomatoe filled evo

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Looking forward to update. A great work has been done so far. Been running since the release, only issue is the internal mic being gabbled and the external mic doesn't work at all now....

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
They did. There is a line in the updater that does a device check, but different recoveries name the device different things. People naming the device something other than the official name is out of their control. The easy solution is for the user to remove the line if it is causing issues.

Since the github link is posted, why don't you fix the issue so it will work with every recovery and put in a pull request?

Sent from my tomatoe filled evo

This should not be necessary in future releases... have added in an assert for a500 to the updater script.

Apparently the team has already done that.

Taptalked u see

Version Magic Check?

Is it possible to disable version magic check in the kernel? Unfortunately a device I use, a usb ethernet adapter will not load on this kernel with an error "version magic '2.6.36.3 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7' should be '2.6.39.4+ SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7'". Or if you have any other insight on this, it would be great.

Thanks!

lifeofcoding

Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
hxcmusic.com
Why not release a working ROM then?

Again take my advice and read the op. Its out of there control what recovery people use, the script was made to be flashed with new versions of cwm, for users will old version or custom version they need to delete the top line to bypass this, old or custom recovery cause this error, its made for new recovery. And like they said newer releases will have a check to work with either version.

Sent from my A500 using XDA

lifeofcoding

Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
hxcmusic.com
So, as far as I can tell, this rom doesn't work with the honeycomb bootloader. Could you make these instructions more explicit, or perhaps post a working version of this rom I can flash with CWM to my honeycomb bootloader. I want to try it but most people seem unable to flash it with the HC bootloader.

Works perfectly fine on my HC boot loader just deleted top line like the post said.

lessio.a1

Jan 28, 2012
Hi I tried this rom, is already good enough so smooth, however, in comparison with Flexreaper R 12.5 that I use routinely pays in performance is much slower than using Quadrant 1900 points against 2600 meters with a 1 ghz processor

Send by PB G100 Flexreaper R12
Quadrant Points 2.666

flucks

Aug 18, 2010
Greer
Do what's he's says and just delete top line of update script he says this in FAQ.

I use thors touch recovery and that worked for me.

People need to read.

Sent from my A500 using XDA

I deleted the top line using notepad then compressed it as a zip again. It just tries to install then says install aborted. :/

lessio.a1

Jan 28, 2012
interest to those in need of fluidity and the observer performance

Quadrant Points 2.666

lessio.a1

Jan 28, 2012
I simply compared the two rom quadrant and one of the two is more powerful that's all

Quadrant Points 2.666

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Continuing on from gh123man's Open ICS thread, we extended the scope of the project to cover the A100 & A200 devices too.
    For the last month we've been quietly working on this & the wheels are now in motion to get the devices merged into CyanogenMods source.
    It should only be a matter of time till the nightlies start rolling.

Merge status: Done
    If you wanted to compile for yourself, follow one of the many guides on xda to get your machine set up & the CyanogenMod source downloaded.
    Following instructions are for the a500, substitute a100 or a200 as needed

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_a500-userdebug

Wait for the device folders to be downloaded.
    Connect your device via adb.

Run extract-files.sh in the device/acer/a500 folder

Code:
    brunch cm_a500-userdebug

wait for the compile to finish (can take a while), flash new rom...

Builds (see post 2)

Contributors:
    myself, gh123man, hbwelch, randomblame, shchers

Please hit the thanks button on some of their posts too, this has been a team effort. :)

Once we're official, threads will be started for each of the devices in their respective forums, in the meantime it'd be good to keep discussion here so it's a little easier for us to track.

Not working:

Known bugs:
    Wifi? haven't had a report of trouble in a long time... tentatively saying this is no longer an issue

Reporting bugs
    Please please please read the following:
    If you have a bug, we need a bit more info than "such & such isn't working"

Things to check before reporting a bug
    Did you wipe before flashing the build?
    If no, nandroid, wipe & re-flash...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

Did you restore settings/data using Ti backup or similar?
    If yes, nandroid, wipe, re-flash & don't restore your data...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

If you've done the above, & the bug is still there, we need some debugging info!
    logcat output is usually a pretty good start (post it to pastebin or similar), we will let you know if we need more.

Credits & thanks:
    vache - all the leaked ROM's
    drellisdee - patched A500 kernel
    CyanogenMod - source
    Google - source
    More to come.
    FAQ
    Q: assert.failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="Picas so" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="picasso" E:Error in /sdcard/Download/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-picasso-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip Status 7
    A: Open the zip. Go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top line with the assert then repackage and flash :) has to do with your recovery. some recovery's name the device differently (thors for example does this, just as an example). our tree uses the device name picasso, if the recovery does not use picasso it will fail, the only fix for this is a unified recovery or to remove the line from the update-script, hope this more detailed answer helps more...

Downloads

ICONIA A500
    UPDATED: 7/8/12
    RELEASE: beta 1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/iyim60a40fniqz4/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

ICONIA A200
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzn9t2qzuu79o2m/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

ICONIA A100
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywbcch9o8ami2bz/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

Gapps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Sources
    see cyanogenmod github

ENJOY! :)
    News

An update for you all,
    Yesterday, the a100, 200 & 500 devices were merged into CyanogenMod's source.

We're just getting up to speed with the internal workings at cm & have a bit of work to do, but, nightlies should be starting to roll soon.

Stay tuned :)
    & here's some new builds ready to go.

a500
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5sum 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

a200
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

a100
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

enjoy :)
    Hi All,
    I am currently re-working the audio HAL, still a WIP but needs testing & feedback.

- external mic detection is fixed (need to know if capture volume is ok?)
    - overall volume should be better
    - HDMI audio should hopefully be working (I have no means to test this)

please test & report your findings.

a500 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6ede8c89b770927e6a379aab6caf6243

a200 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5 a2b21ef7d85984882bb69bd5f3bae13e

a100 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5 b02f87f6cc9fd72fa26b4c46385a65cf