[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly

Search This thread

demlv

Sep 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Re: [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Nightly / M-Series / Stable Release (Jan)

how do you get sideload to work with twrp?
i went into that section and it wont let me push anything to the phone, adb just says error:closed.
what do i do?
adb is updated.

edit: im typing this exact command "adb push cm.zip /data/media/0/" thats right isnt it?

See here: http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

Never tried the ADB sideload feature myself. Please report back if it works for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: un4givn85

demlv

Sep 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Re: [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Nightly / M-Series / Stable Release (Jan)

Do you have an OTG cable? If so, I believe you should be able to copy a zip to a flash drive and twrp could then flash it directly from there.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Just found this in another thread. Hope it helps.

---------
I actually did this last night. If you are familiar with ADB boot into recovery and the go to the advanced tab and unmount usb storage. You'll then be able to adb push to your phone.
---------

mikeblock

Dec 29, 2011
Orlando
33k42n4.jpg

Telling ya, it was great! Anyhow, changelog says binaries are updated. Should be good to go! Some pretty good improvements today, all in all.

baretoes

Nov 23, 2010

Build 2/17 is a go! No custom kernel required.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: gpzbc

gpzbc

Feb 22, 2012

So is the 2/17 nightly a full 4.2.2 build? I am anxious to try the new Franco 365 build.

un4givn85

Jan 10, 2012
Helena
Build 2/17 is a go! No custom kernel required.

so i can safely flash it without being stuck on the google logo

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Do you have an OTG cable? If so, I believe you should be able to copy a zip to a flash drive and twrp could then flash it directly from there.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Just found this in another thread. Hope it helps.

---------
I actually did this last night. If you are familiar with ADB boot into recovery and the go to the advanced tab and unmount usb storage. You'll then be able to adb push to your phone.
---------

you know, i never thought of that, damn, i did get it fixed tho, i backed up my data, went back to cm10 stable (the only zip i had), did a factory reset on it, push the 2-15 build to the phone, and all is good.

baretoes

Nov 23, 2010
Yes, you can flash without being stuck on "Google" boot image.

The 2/17 nightly is a 4.2.2 build.

Last edited:

wund3rground

Sep 13, 2012
Fort Worth, TX

Ahhh.... Back home on CM. Try as I might to give others a fair shake I always end up coming back here. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it I guess. Latest nightly running great w/Lean Kernel 6.0.0...

Reactions: rmgibbs1861

TurboD

Dec 11, 2010

Bluetooth seems a little week on 2-17. I use it a couple hours every morning, 5 days a week, and it was breaking up a lot today. I do the exact same thing everyday, so it's pretty easy to test.

vinylgruve

Nov 27, 2010
MKE
Having issues with the 2/15 build here and bluetooth being weak/spotty. My drive in to work the phone connected/disconnected to my car 4-5 times within a 15 minute period.

wund3rground

Sep 13, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Having issues with the 2/15 build here and bluetooth being weak/spotty. My drive in to work the phone connected/disconnected to my car 4-5 times within a 15 minute period.

I've noticed spotty bluetooth on all the 4.2.2 ROMs I have tried, I don't think it's just CM...

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

New nightly is up...

flytechguy

Oct 8, 2010

What governor and scheduler do you use by chance?

laur3n.newm4n

Dec 21, 2010
Manchester, NH
I am on the 2/17 build. Is lock screen rotate just not available on the Galaxy Nexus? I have a Xoom and use the CM nightlies there too, and the lock screen rotates just fine.

laur3n.newm4n

Dec 21, 2010
Manchester, NH
I can't say I've ever seen an option for it so my first guess would be no.

I can live with it, I just would love it if it rotated. Makes it easier to put in your lock pattern while driving. As it is, I have to remember how to do it tilted on it's side. I turned on all the auto rotate options I could find, but it still doesn't. Sometimes if you turn the screen on it's rotated, but it snaps back to portrait within seconds and won't go back to landscape no matter how much I shake the phone. So it's in there somewhere, I just can't get to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11

Code:
     [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.[/COLOR]

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/toro/next

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Do a Nandroid backup!
    2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM 11

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

NIGHTLY BUILDS

Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!

M-Series

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

RELEASE CANDIDATE

Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:

* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
    * Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
    * Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
    * Bugs w/ Google apps
    * Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

DOWNLOADS:

CM 11.0 Nightly

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=toro

GAPPS:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.

Just a quick update. It's definitely an issue with telephony and it looks like its related to this commit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48680/

I also noticed d2vzw is experiencing data switching issues which have been reported on toro as well. They're asking for a revert of the above commit here: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48873/

I passed all this along to our maintainer. He's going to confirm that this fixes all the issues and then push a revert or fix, whichever is most appropriate.

GAPPS:

If you can't find these yourself you may want to reconsider flashing anything at all to your phone.

wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?
    See, this is why the CM dev team can sometimes suck. Do we ants on a hill here in toroland have any idea that the CM devs even know we have an issue, and we've even helped them by figuring out what it is, and it hasn't been fixed in the week since they broke it? :mad:

I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.
    Don't kill me, just asking-

What's the fuss on MMS? I think I have sent 3 in 3 years. Everyone has a smartphone nowadays so emailing a photo works just as well, without carrier fees.

Can't get nudes if we can't dl the message, duh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4