Tempered glass screen protectors for the G2 are available...

Search This thread

gregish

Sep 19, 2013
The one you linked is flexible, so I'm not sure it's real glass. The site also links a more expensive tempered glass option which is thicker which I may pick up.

Only thing that could make it better is if it included the black top and bottom sections to cover the Verizon and lg logos.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

o0adam0o

Apr 6, 2007
I've never used a tempered glass screen protector.

How does it feel/look compared to regular screen protectors?

What benefits does tempered have over regular screen protectors?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Its clearer for one, the feel is just like using the phone without a protector at all.

I'm the WORST at putting these dang screen protectors on, no steady hands. Knowing my luck i'll finally get it on and aligned right with no bubbles then to only notice i have fingerprint marks underneath, lol!!!

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
I've never used a tempered glass screen protector.

How does it feel/look compared to regular screen protectors?

What benefits does tempered have over regular screen protectors?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

when i got my gs4 it was the first time i ever decided to use a tempered glass screen protector. i bought a mime glass screen protector. now i cant go back to the screen protectors that are flimsy like zaggs. the glass screen protector feels just like you are touching the screen itself and the sensitivity as far as the phone goes, it thinks you are just touching its own glass so you lose none. only way you can tell you got 1 on will be at the top where the cut out for the ear piece will be. they are more expensive but if you want the best i'd recommend getting a glass screen protector. i'm hoping mime picks up the g2. they have the best customer support.

Reactions: momentary

Gasaraki-

Jul 14, 2010
The one you linked is flexible, so I'm not sure it's real glass. The site also links a more expensive tempered glass option which is thicker which I may pick up.

Only thing that could make it better is if it included the black top and bottom sections to cover the Verizon and lg logos.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

You do know glass can bend without breaking right? Fiber cables are glass.

Reactions: extirpate

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
just watched a few reviews on iloome glass screen protectors and they were all positive.. nothing negative.. I just installed the crystal hd by spigen which is pretty darn close to perfect.. these are undetectable other than the edges and not 100 percent the feel of glass.. I'd say 85 percent. I'll definitely purchase the glass one next time mostly for teh glass feel.. they are only around 10-15 dollars more.

DeaconBoogie

Aug 20, 2010
Omaha, NE

Just FYI, I looked around some more and I saw a video of the "flex" model and it does "crack" on impact like a full glass one during the impact test. Obviously none of these splinter into shards to cut you, but the flexible one is definitely made of a material that is brittle enough to crack in the familiar spider web pattern of traditional tempered glass.

You can see this here at 7:25:

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
I don't want to wait the two weeks for this to release but I really want one. Those glass protectors give you great protection. You can use almost any flimsy case with it and feel secure.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

xyltha

Sep 21, 2013
black trim version

Just ordered one with the black trim which should cover the LG logo quite nicely for a very clean look.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

We are sooooooo sorry about this whole situation and to all our iloome customers who have purchase the LG G2 ScreenMAte products. We sincerely apologize for the experience.

We are aware of the issues with lifting at the edges and we are working to fix this problem as soon as possible. All customers affected by this issue will be given a full refund upon request. All you'd need to do is send us your Order ID #, a picture of the issue (so that you don't have to send us back the packaging and record-keeping purposes) and the carrier that you are using on our support email, and we'll handle the rest.

We know we screwed up, and we are really sorry for whole fiasco in regards to LG G2 products. We completely understand if you are furious with us, and we promise you that we'll make it right! We'll also continue to improve that similar issue never arises again!
    OK, so, my Glass-M arrived today! Odd, as the tracking code never showed anything at all. But, it's here.

Firstly. The protector DOES fit. It will cover the width of the screen as the previous pic showed. You just have to have the steadiest hands in the world to achieve the 100% perfect placement. I think I did not achieve this, but, I'm 95-98% happy with how I did it ha ha. But, have no fear if thinking of ordering, it does fit.

Touch response is exactly the same to be honest. Very pleased with that. Colours are basically the same too. All following pics are screen brightness at 50%.

I have no air bubbles, but had to lift it up once to replace it, which has made the top edge 'prongs' a little less sticky, but, they are stuck down still, and don't interfere with the screen, so all good.

I am using it with a Spigen Slim Armor case. It all fits perfectly, so that is one case for sure that will work with it :good:

Anyway, enough blather from me, enjoy the pics! (sorry, all pics of my phone itself were taken with a lumia 520 :()

Slight 'rainbow effect on top left as I was very close to going over the lcd panel. Be careful when applying. Not really a big issue when looking at it normally though.
    K, just did the installation of the iloome flex. Followed the direction on their youtube page and it was pretty smooth. The results however, I'm not totally satisfied. The size of the protector is pretty much like the stock protective film used by LG. I used that to line up the glass, to make sure it's as aligned as possible for clearance. Since I know the edge of our screens are curved. Anyway, right now it looks like there is 1 to 1.5 mm of lift around the edge of the protector. So far the lifted edge is still within the bezel, so it's not visible, and does not obscure the screen YET. I am happy they cut the glass around the front camera lense and sensors. I also have it installed with the Dizontric Matte TPU case. There is barely a hairline clearance on the sides between the TPU case and protector. Here are some pics, it was difficult to get my camera to focus. Better than nothing though right?
    Ships on 10/4 apparently... It looks like it's some kind of glass, maybe not the normal hard tempered glass type, but they claim 8H hardness.

http://www.iloome.com/LG-G2-Screen-Protector-Flexible/dp/B00F4IIGMM
    I've also received my Glass-M protector.
    It is perfect.

glassm1.jpg

glassm2.jpg

glassm3.jpg

glassm4.jpg