Newbie but rooted, just a couple of questions :)

Search This thread

bloodyniceben

May 25, 2014
Hi, I'm new here and new also to rooting etc.

I have successfully unlocked and rooted my M7 and using TWRP recovery.

I am under the impression you can't update OTA when rooted, I would like a standard ROM with sense 6, but I just have a couple of questions....

1. Could someone supply a link to the best stable Sense 6 ROM suitable for an unlocked UK M7?

2. Could you also explain how to install the ROM using some not too technical language :)

Thanks for your help

Ben

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
I cant tell you much as I am using Miui rom and i have killed an M7 a while back but Viper ROm is the best I have used and that is Sense 6. Bare in mind I have not used a Sense 6 rom at all but last Viper i used was 5.5 and it was great.

There is Android Revolution HD, im not sure if this is Sense 6 but is is a custom rom as close to stock that you can get.

Just download the ZIP and enter your receovery and flash, it is simple as. Just dont wipe internal SD card..

bloodyniceben

May 25, 2014
I cant tell you much as I am using Miui rom and i have killed an M7 a while back but Viper ROm is the best I have used and that is Sense 6. Bare in mind I have not used a Sense 6 rom at all but last Viper i used was 5.5 and it was great.

There is Android Revolution HD, im not sure if this is Sense 6 but is is a custom rom as close to stock that you can get.

Just download the ZIP and enter your receovery and flash, it is simple as. Just dont wipe internal SD card..

So I download the zip file on my computer, where do I save it on my phone, bearing in mind it doesn't have an SD card?

Thanks for your help by the way :)

Sent from my HTC One

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Best advice. Do a nandroid backup of your Rom now and try a few different ones. Personally I like android revolution hd. If you are going to try that use twrp 2.6.3.3. It doesn't like other versions very much

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bloodyniceben

May 25, 2014
All done and appear to have no problems so far, using Renovate SixthSense Milestone 2.3.0

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions

Ben :laugh:

iBalajiS

Jul 14, 2012
Well, I have been using Viper One which is super stable and has got a lot of tweaks... Worth trying. The other one is the InsertCoin ROM :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

triadd

Jan 2, 2011
I know you've asked for sense roms, but I would definitely give some aosp roms a try. I've always liked aosp better. That said, it seems like development for this phone leans more towards sense based roms and definitely sense kernels. Only a couple of aosp kernels to choose from. I'm new to this phone (switched to Tmo a couple months ago and didn't want to buy a new phone on payments), but I was disappointed to see that after being out for a year the aosp development was somewhat lacking.