[Q] WiFi tether app? (Rooted w/Towel Root, 4.4.2)

Search This thread

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Is there a reliable app or even one that works to tether wirelessly if you're rooted with the temporary TowelRoot method? I'm on KitKat 4.4.2. All the reviews on the Play Store for the various WiFi apps have negative reviews. I don't want USB tethering either. Need it for my Nexus. Any help would be great.

Sent from my Moto X

msk

Apr 2, 2006
Folsom, CA
use the xposed module "Moto X Hide Carrier for 4.4+" it hides the carrier label in the status bar as well as enabling native tethering.

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
use the xposed module "Moto X Hide Carrier for 4.4+" it hides the carrier label in the status bar as well as enabling native tethering.

Ok awesome. Now my only question would be.. Will xposed modules work with something as finicky as TowelRoot? I'm gonna give it a shot now until I'm able to get unlocked. (fingers crossed)

Sent from my Moto X

msk

Apr 2, 2006
Folsom, CA
i thought towel root doesn't work on moto x? i had been using the jcase root method, and on occasion i have lost root when enabling subsequent xposed modules, but they work fine if i reroot and enable them again.

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
i thought towel root doesn't work on moto x? i had been using the jcase root method, and on occasion i have lost root when enabling subsequent xposed modules, but they work fine if i reroot and enable them again.

It is. It's not the greatest and a bit unreliable at times, but it's working for my Titanium Backup and root version of Greenify.

To find out if the xposed module installed successfully, how can I test tethering? I'm not sure where native tethering is located.

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited: