MPJ 4300mAh extended battery mini review

Search This thread

amadeusz.odi

Nov 27, 2008
This battery is exactly same as Samsung one. I am using this from last 5 months. Good but same as Samsung.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

realgame

Jan 28, 2015
I have tons of problems with my last extended battery so I bought mpj slim replacement doing okay so far

Lumpia007

Sep 16, 2015
I bought the same battery on ebay, made my phone hot and didn't last as long as Stock. But then again, I didnt have sync and/or autobrightness on stock, but I did with the MPJ. Can you please let us know what the settings on your phone were on? I was refunded and kept the battery. I drained the battery and fully charged it after the 2 or third cycle, but still. I would recommend staying with stock, anker or Hyperion. I'm currently using the 5600 mah hyperion battery.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I think I should be satisfied? I game a lot and get a little over 5 SOT.

Do you work for MPJ? I have been watching a theme with these 1 posts? People will make an account, post once or a few times (if that) about how good these MPJ batteries are, and not post again. hmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: AuGmENTor

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
I bought the same battery on ebay, made my phone hot and didn't last as long as Stock. But then again, I didnt have sync and/or autobrightness on stock, but I did with the MPJ. Can you please let us know what the settings on your phone were on? I was refunded and kept the battery. I drained the battery and fully charged it after the 2 or third cycle, but still. I would recommend staying with stock, anker or Hyperion. I'm currently using the 5600 mah hyperion battery.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Do you work for MPJ? I have been watching a theme with these 1 posts? People will make an account, post once or a few times (if that) about how good these MPJ batteries are, and not post again. hmmm
LOL If that's what he's doing, he's pretty sh!tty @ his job.

Reactions: Lumpia007

Lumpia007

Sep 16, 2015
LOL If that's what he's doing, he's pretty sh!tty @ his job.

I went on a google search for reviews on the 4300 mah Mpj S5 extended battery. I would see 1 posts here and there backing up or making these positive claims. Then I realized it's either a person working for MPJ trying to promote the battery. I did see a senior member's review, maybe I just got a defective one? I'm glad I bought it on ebay because of the money back guarantee. I have screen shots and people can't pull shady deals like return the item but pay for shipping kind of stuff. I'm using the OEM Samsung 3500 mah extended battery now.

speatea

Sep 22, 2015
Thank you for reviewing the battery. I just order it after doing my own homework and I'll let you know whether I like it when I receive it.

Traace

Mar 13, 2010
This Batterys are pure fake. Like the others out there. You can't fit 4300MhA in such a small batterypack! This case fits for almost all "extended" batterys out there, this baby reviewed here is more like 2600MhA (See reviews with voltage measure)

If u need more MhA then Stock, u have to buy a bigger battery there is no way around.

Always remember: MhA and Size are proportional to each other! There is no magical compression happen.

Hope i made it clear

Last edited:

KiprasLT

Dec 1, 2015
Will it work?

Would it work properly on SM-G901F kccat6 properly? Or you don't have a clue about that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Picked up this MPJ out off their website for $17.99 because I CANNOT find it on Amazon.
    WHERE I BUY
    A backup battery means a lot to me as my Galaxy S5 is running many apps, even though battery life on this phone is already an impressive part. Just received mine with a small bag, unwrapped and put it in. It seems a little larger than stock battery, ensuring a snug fit.

The 2800mAh to 4300mAh bump isn’t there for sure but there is still some increase. I’ll update soon after 2-3 times charging cycles.

DSC_0522_zps69ceffaa.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsf77488ae.jpg

After I fully charged it 3 times, it seemed to do great. This is my moderate to quite heavily day yesterday. With almost same usages (no auto brightness, average web browsing, bunch of streaming videos, texting, calling and etc.), stock downs to 20-30% by the time I went to bed and the new battery I'm at about 45%.

EDIT: Do not expect seeing any dramatic changes. Normally improving 10-15%, and there are several times, depending on my usages, where it up to 15%-20%.

43001_zps078a2dd0.png

43002_zps35b14927.png

6+ hrs on screen is my best by far and this is including 4-5 hrs of idle and light/moderate using, and only 1-2 hrs of heavy browsing, texting, etc. Have been also skeptical and hesitated about whether to pick up this without many reviews but on second thought, I can be the first and share my experience if that’s a real good. YMMV, I am not thinking about if they are spending money on promoting the well-knowness for their company, as far as I can tell, it is working fine on MY GS5.
    OP even posted his battery stats.

Have a link? Want to see it next to original battery stats.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Nice source and evidence bro.

There is a limit on Energy density (mAh per cubic mm - http://batteryuniversity.com). It's a hard fact, with technology available today, no one can achieve 60% more capacity in same size.

Small improvements (5-10-15%) can be done, since there are some improved cells appear regularly, and after a device is already released some 3rd party companies can build a better ones with fresher cells.

Anyone claiming +60% capacity in same size is a liar.
    6 hrs on screen is my best by far and this is including 4-5 hrs of idle and light/moderate using, and only 1-2 hrs of heavy browsing, texting, etc. Have been also skeptical and hesitated about whether to pick up this without many reviews but on second thought, I can be the first and share my experience if that’s a real good. YMMV, I am not thinking about if they are spending money on promoting the well-knowness for their company, as far as I can tell, it is working fine on MY GS5.
    my MPJ lost 3% in 35mins idling this morning with no usage

battery is terrible compared the regular one, whoever is saying its better then the original are just lying, was it worth 17 for an emergency battery? maybe but its not as good as the original at all
    I'm not sure I'm following you. You say that it is a common thing for a battery to be advertised as having a ridiculously voluptuous capacity- and still be a good battery?

So you are arguing that because a battery is advertised as extravagant, it is usually rubbish, but in some cases, there can be exceptions. Like the battery acting as the conversation piece of this forum?

You should check some youtube reviews of MPJ batteries lol.
    Even if it isn't 4300mah it somehow *magically* provides an extra 30 or so percent of juice.