[APP] Mr-tones v1.5 - Random Ring/Mail/SMS tones

Search This thread

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Welcome

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here you will find an app to set a group of sounds for each ring type; New email/SMS or phone ringer.

You can set up to 256 directories of sound files for each ring type, although you probly won't be needing so many directories. In each folder you can have as many sound files as you want.

When it is activated, you will hear the captain say "Energized". Then after the sounds will be switched automatically each time you get a new call/email/sms.

You can click "Next Tone:" to have Mr-tones go and grab the next random sound. It will preview this sound in your media player (or internally if it's a wave). If this file was located on the Storage Card, it will copy it to the internal memory "\Temp\Phone" and use it from there. This file will be removed the next time a random tone is copied over, this way there won't be a pile in the temp folder.

If you want to have Mr-tones start up automatically when you start your phone, you will need to set your "Autorun:" to On.
If Mr-tones is running and you click the Mr-Tones icon in your Start menu, it will turn off Mr-Tones. You will get a message that it has been disabled. You can then click the icon again and it will open the settings as expected.

(Not) Also included is a "Mr-tones-Debug.mscr" script so you can get a better feel of the script when it waits, it will vibrate once, and then when it changes the sound, it will vibrate twice.

Requirements:
wm5/6/653, PPC/SP

Mortscript
Here is a link to the newest beta of Mortscript:
http://www.sto-helit.de/forum/download/file.php?id=265

You will need this updated version of mortscript. Mortscript v4.2 will not work; you will get a "config not found" if you need to update.

Release History:
Mr-tones v1.0 (50.2 KB, 25 views)
Mr-tones v1.1 (50.2 KB, 15 views)
Mr-tones V1.2 (50.5 KB, 27 views)
Mr-tones V1.3 (50.5 KB, 261 views)
Mr-tones V1.4 (50.9 KB, 158 views)

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5,864
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 5,684
  • Mr-tones15.cab
    50.9 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Here is a link to the old Oblyvaeon Ringtone app (I wrote that one too). It was intended to do the same thing as Mr-Tones and does so. But it's slow and messy and you can only have 265 rings for each type..

Mr-tones is a complete rewrite and very fast and much more efficient at setting the random ringtone.

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
What is next?

Well Increasing ringtone, we can give it the old college try.
When you click "Next Tone" it should play the sound that it has selected.
I think it is popping up with the browse menu after you have selected your first directory. That I will fix next time.
I probly will hide the menu if it is the Autorun at bootup.

Also:
We could copy the ringtone over to the internal memory, in case it is not already there. And the ringtone would be set to that. Then when we next randomize a ringtone we would remove that copy of the ringtone if it was a copy. We only need to do this if someone reports this as a problem. In that case I would add that option.

Last edited:

danusko

Dec 6, 2009
hi howdykeit,
pls. if i good undestand, it the escalatig (increase) ringing (after 1 or n second) implemented in your app now, or it will be in next vs?
thx

laruku

Sep 7, 2008
tech-barista.com
Not work for me

Hi howdykeith,

I've got an error when adding ringtone directory. It said :

'Join': Parameter 1 is no array

Line 379 (\Program Files\Mr-tones\Mr-tones.mscr):
list = "," & Join(RingDirs, "," )

Please suggest.

cappucino

Apr 2, 2009
Hi howdykeith,

I've got an error when adding ringtone directory. It said :

'Join': Parameter 1 is no array

Line 379 (\Program Files\Mr-tones\Mr-tones.mscr):
list = "," & Join(RingDirs, "," )

Please suggest.

I also got that error when installed on SD card, but got this error when installed in main memory . It said:

System.IO.IOException:
IOException at System.IO._Error.WinIOErr or() at System.IO.Directory.Internal GetFileDirectoryNames() at System.IO.Directory.Internal GetFiles() ..

I'm using treo pro and mortscript-4.315b. Any suggestion?

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
When you click "Next tone:", and it selects a new sound, is that changing your ringtone? It should.

It should change each time a window with the word "Phone" appears. So "Incoming Phone call" and "Phone Log" (and any other phone window) should change the ring tone. Actually i think it says "Call Log"on my phone, but that's just a example.

I will test some more.

Last edited:
When you click "Next tone:", and it selects a new sound, is that changing your ringtone? It should.

It should change each time a window with the word "Phone" appears. So "Incoming Phone call" and "Phone Log" (and any other phone window) should change the ring tone. Actually i think it says "Call Log"on my phone, but that's just a example.

I will test some more.

No i have to click next 2-3 times to get next ringtone ,.... but your old version (old Oblyvaeon Ringtone app) is working perfect 4 me .. its changing my ring everytime ... might be new version is having some bug regarding this well let others comment.:rolleyes::D...

Well Gud work by you ...

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
hiya and thanks for reporting these and any issues!

I am reworking the Ringer detection atm. What did that russian serial killer say? "It's the 25 cent part that messes the whole thing up"

I will take a moment and see if i missed something else...

I am pretty sure i fixxed the ringer detection, as it was a tiny issue, but i need to test it...

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Hi,

Here is version 1.2.

Now I am more confident the ringtone will switch when expected.

It turns out that no, the ringtones would not play unless located on internal memory. So now if the file comes from the storage card, it will copy it to a temp folder in Mr-Tones. It will clean out the old temporary ringtone so there wont be a pile in there.

Also added is when you click "Next Tone:" it will play/preview the ringtone.

Thanks much.

i better test it some more...

Still a bug when done adding Directories that is pops up the Browse Dirs menu. That should disappear with the next version.
Also this version is leaving 1 ring in the temp folder when a new one is set that is already on internal memory. Not a big deal, but i will clean that in the next version.
Esc ringer in the next one as well?

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Ok.

Seems to much awesome.

I can't promise SMS and email are workin yet, but i am pretty sure it might.... :eek:

i will check the sms/email next time.

Couple fixes here and there added.

the temp folder should be cleaned ok

I also notice we could randomize mms.

Last edited:

drorcun

Sep 20, 2008
Turkey
why we have to click apply and run on each startup? any options to use it automatically apply and run each start...

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Mr-tones v1.3

Hi.

Sorry bout that vibration. It's like a doctor leaving a clamp in a patient after surgery.

While I was in there i fixed the first time run issue of adding a directory and then going to browse the dirs when u r done. Maybe i had meant to do that some time in the past, but we can do without that now.

I did notice things dont add up if u take a list of dirs down to zero and then add some again. it works, but reports 1 dir when there are really none. Not a big deal. Maybe next update.