Need a good FM Transmitter

Search This thread

DGreen1

Dec 30, 2008
I would like to hook up a FM Transmitter to my EVO to play music from my phone through my cars speakers. Can anyone recommend a good one? I would like to spend around $20 -$30 dollars.

kd0axs

Sep 27, 2010
Blaine, MN
I have this one, I use it in my work truck and it does a pretty good job. One nice feature with this one is that if you start getting interference, you can hit the smart scan button and it will find a clear frequency.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin...=1078674&st=fm transmitter&contract_desc=null

I would only use one of these transmitters if there isn't any other way to get your music to your radio. If you can use an aux jack or a tape deck adapter, those will work better and are cheaper.

adeyo

Mar 31, 2008
Lynchburg, VA
i read our evo's came w/ an fm transmitter built in to the motherboard. I wish there was some development going on that would allow us to use it for that reason -i would love to "broadcast" my music through my car's radio to the speakers!

DGreen1

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for the reply's. I have heard alot about the Motorola T505. Will that work on our evos??

bkrodgers

Nov 27, 2007
Just be sure to set your expectations correctly (low). Most people who care about audio quality would never use the terms "good" and "FM transmitter" together. But if it's the only option you have in the vehicle, it's better than nothing.

michaelvibe

Jun 17, 2010
Arkansas
I have this one, I use it in my work truck and it does a pretty good job. One nice feature with this one is that if you start getting interference, you can hit the smart scan button and it will find a clear frequency.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin...=1078674&st=fm transmitter&contract_desc=null

I would only use one of these transmitters if there isn't any other way to get your music to your radio. If you can use an aux jack or a tape deck adapter, those will work better and are cheaper.

I bought this little guy and returned him the next day. Quite possibly the worst FM transmitter that I have ever used. YMMV

DGreen1

Dec 30, 2008
I read in another thread that one guy said that the FM Transmitters that work really well are the ones that are powered by batteries like 2 AAA's. So in my quest at walmart last night I found one that takes batteries and seems to have good reviews. Any Opinions? I might buy it just to give it a try and if it doesn't work I can return it

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-FM-Transmitter/14666784

mhuggins

Jan 19, 2011
Royse City Texas
ok i just got the roadster for my evo and i love the music part of it but some people say that cant hear me to good. Anyone that has the roadster can shed some light for me i would be thankful

nickmus

Feb 23, 2007
Ya know our phone are capable of doing this? But the script has never been made cause a lot of devs dont think it would be worth the effort.
FYI