Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4436657

Oh yes, just another phone with no possibility to change the battery.
And changing of the sd-card is impossible without a tiny frickling tool.

The "all-in-wonder-smartphone" does not exist. There are issues at every phone, which will different people make unsatisfied.

saulotas

Jan 7, 2011
Atenas
ICS impressions

I am happy like a cat full of pennies cause I have 2 phones running CM9.
Thanks to arco (hope to donate some $$$ your way soon, but I will not marry my firstborn to yours like some other dudes here, sorry) I have it in our device.
Impressions
Fast
Fast
Did I mention thats FAST?
Stable so far
beautiful.

Having said that I still dont think that my next phone will be a Sammy one.
They have really good specs, but they are messing with my mind and wallet.
I got S+ and I feel robbed.

Thats all for now

Cpt. Captain

Jan 6, 2012
Since this is the general thread, I think its justified to ask this here:
Is there something like 13 Toggles Mod for CM9?

fabsau

Dec 3, 2011
Frankfurt
Since this is the general thread, I think its justified to ask this here:
Is there something like 13 Toggles Mod for CM9?

awesome a newbie is asking here!!!
men I´m impressed (no offending dude, the other noobs should take a part from you)

Yes something like 13 toggles mod exists in cm9 and follow these steps to enable them

1. Enter the settings
2. Click on System
3. Click on Notification Drawer
4. Click on Widget buttons and select your toggles

Hoped I helped you :)

if there are other questions regarding this post feel free to contact me

peace out fabsau

Samms

Apr 5, 2012
So far my experience with switching ROMs haven't been smooth.
I've notice quite a boost in speed but it has always been with a great deal of instability and random FCs.

I've narrowed down some FCs to one consistently occurring whenever I try to select a word or text, whether Im writing a memo, email or text message.

I've done a a few searches on what could be causing this but so far anything reporting something closely similar had its solution is apps, software/hardware or updates I don't have.
Anyone familiar with this? Could really use some help :<

Running BroodROM RC4 on my i9001

Last edited:

tzutzyalex

Apr 10, 2012
Pitesti
problem

Guys, i got a massive problem. Today i installed cm7(accidentally, though it was cm9) and it worked. Booted, started. When i tried to connect to usb, it did not work, so i removed the usb and it still said it was connected. That kinda freaked me out, since i couldn't add the backup to the sdcard. So then i tried to boot into download so i can flash a rom with odin. Turned the phone off, and now it won't turn on. I am really scared and terrified, since i don't have money to buy a new phone and am afraid warranty won't fix it. Thanks

sqnyster

Jul 13, 2009
Okay, By Micro SD to USB converter (Like a little USB Stick which you put you're SD Card in, Not expensive at all.)
Then put the CM9 on the SD using the USB Converter, Then Put the SD Card back into the phone, Then boot into recovery, And flash the ROM.

(Do all the steps from the CM9 thread)

That won't achieve anything if he can't turn on his phone and access recovery.

this is from fabsau's NOOB-Starter guide:
When your phone is hard bricked it will not do anything. You will not be able to enter the clockworkmod or the downloadmode!
Hard bricks often happen by flashing roms of other phones or flashing bad custom roms (at the moment there aren´t any "bad" customs roms for our device)
You can solve SOMETIMES a hard brick with a JTAG. If the jtag could not help you have to send your phone to samsung for a expensive repair

peterhollard

Sep 24, 2010
Yzerfontein
Value Pack KQB

I am running the value pack KQB with the Vitality kernel, InteractiveX and noop (not overclocked), H3llstorm's GPS fix config, WiFi Fixer and the official CWM from bashinx.

It's smooth, fast and stable. Has the best battery life I have ever had. No FC's. GPS fix from cold in 3 minutes and thereafter about 30 secs. Still some WiFi drops but seldom, WiFi gets strong signal and is fast. Only problem I have found is that the front facing camera gives upside down image in Google Hangouts.

CM9 will have to be very good to get me to change from this.

Perhaps I will move to broodROM proposed BE when it is released as I had a good experience with broodROM RC4

Freaki81

Mar 10, 2012
Wolfsburg
[Q] How can i protect free RAM or dissable lags?

Hello,
i have Cranium RC9 on my phone, but i´m still dissatisfied.
It seems that the memory quite often get overload and this makes my phone very slow and lagy. After killing tasks/apps RAM get more free space and all is good.
This sucks. Did someone have the same problem, but more interessting is the question: "how can i make sure my phone is every time fast?"

Sorry for my bad english

zimmbadroid

Nov 8, 2011
Vitez
Google Pixel 6
Hello,<br />
i have Cranium RC9 on my phone, but i´m still dissatisfied.<br />
It seems that the memory quite often get overload and this makes my phone very slow and lagy. After killing tasks/apps RAM get more free space and all is good.<br />
This sucks. Did someone have the same problem, but more interessting is the question: "how can i make sure my phone is every time fast?"<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<i>Sorry for my bad english</i>

Did you try Simplistic rom from Dutch.ly?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
I am running the value pack KQB with the Vitality kernel, InteractiveX and noop (not overclocked), H3llstorm's GPS fix config, WiFi Fixer and the official CWM from bashinx.

It's smooth, fast and stable. Has the best battery life I have ever had. No FC's. GPS fix from cold in 3 minutes and thereafter about 30 secs. Still some WiFi drops but seldom, WiFi gets strong signal and is fast. Only problem I have found is that the front facing camera gives upside down image in Google Hangouts.

CM9 will have to be very good to get me to change from this.

Perhaps I will move to broodROM proposed BE when it is released as I had a good experience with broodROM RC4

if the camera was working, cm9 would've been the best piece of software for our device ;) GPS (from cold) locks in 2 seconds, to 7-8 satellites at least, furthermore, it even locks if u are not in the open, with samsung stock roms it seemed like the gps antenna on i9001 is very weak, i never could get a lock while i'm in the apartment (8th floor in a 10 floor building), i had to stick my hand out of the window and wait for a few minutes. with cm9 i get a lock within 5-10 seconds while i'm inside the apartment.
battery life? 1 day 13h still have 37% left, and i've used my phone a lot, watched youtube, surfed, read xda a lot, wifi always ON, few sms... the only hint for that is that u have to have a caliberated battery.
wifi shows lower signal than on stock roms (in terms of bars u see in the icon), but speed is not affected, so it might well be only visual.
RAM management is the killer part, i never got over 250 mb of used RAM, and i have all sort of apps running, whatsapp, viber, facebook,elixir... and all of them take it's share. with cm9 u get 370mb of free RAM (at least for now).
smoothness and very rare wake lag are also important factors that talk in cm9's favor.
there are still some bugs in cm9, no one is ignoring that, but in my opinion it's already (by far) better than stock, camera is the only limiting factor (and actually i usually use it quite frequently) , other than that KQB is no where in the rank of cm9 :cool:

Freaki81

Mar 10, 2012
Wolfsburg
We've always had this problem on this phone, We just dont have enough RAM for today's apps. All we can do is use better, More User Free RAM Kernels. Not all Kernels work with all ROMS though.

The only thing i think of you doing is Overclocking you're CPU, It will waste battery life a lot faster, But you're phone will be faster so.

Good Luck Getting More Ram!

I already use oc on my phone! 1,7 Ghz
No Changes.

peterhollard

Sep 24, 2010
Yzerfontein
if the camera was working, cm9 would've been the best piece of software for our device ;) GPS (from cold) locks in 2 seconds, to 7-8 satellites at least, furthermore, it even locks if u are not in the open, with samsung stock roms it seemed like the gps antenna on i9001 is very weak, i never could get a lock while i'm in the apartment (8th floor in a 10 floor building), i had to stick my hand out of the window and wait for a few minutes. with cm9 i get a lock within 5-10 seconds while i'm inside the apartment.
battery life? 1 day 13h still have 37% left, and i've used my phone a lot, watched youtube, surfed, read xda a lot, wifi always ON, few sms... the only hint for that is that u have to have a caliberated battery.
wifi shows lower signal than on stock roms (in terms of bars u see in the icon), but speed is not affected, so it might well be only visual.
RAM management is the killer part, i never got over 250 mb of used RAM, and i have all sort of apps running, whatsapp, viber, facebook,elixir... and all of them take it's share. with cm9 u get 370mb of free RAM (at least for now).
smoothness and very rare wake lag are also important factors that talk in cm9's favor.
there are still some bugs in cm9, no one is ignoring that, but in my opinion it's already (by far) better than stock, camera is the only limiting factor (and actually i usually use it quite frequently) , other than that KQB is no where in the rank of cm9 :cool:

Well that's a very positive review.... give me the camera and I'll give it a spin

Freaki81

Mar 10, 2012
Wolfsburg
Did you try Simplistic rom from Dutch.ly?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

No, what can you tell me about this rom?
Do you have more free RAM?
i dont use realy much apps, but some how they start in the background and tortures my phone until i only have approx. 40 MB free.
This situation makes it slow.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

@rayiskon

I had no Camera on Cranium RC9 too.
MIUI Camera runs now on it and the camera opens very fast.
But i´m still not proud of this cam, its more like a lightsensor which try to create a picture:(

Last edited:

annqx

Dec 16, 2011
münster
Does anyone know what the Dialer is linked to? Only Phone.apk? Somehow I was able to mess that up.
Always get a notification "App is not installed" when I try to open Dialer through Launchericon.

Deleting Phone.apk and pushing it (unchanged) to system/app again doesnt work(even after reboot)

Last edited:

zimmbadroid

Nov 8, 2011
Vitez
Google Pixel 6
No, what can you tell me about this rom?
Do you have more free RAM?
i dont use realy much apps, but some how they start in the background and tortures my phone until i only have approx. 40 MB free.
This situation makes it slow.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Well, from the available custom rom for our devices, I had the best experience with Simplistic Plus 2.0.
No FCS, stable, fast, good battery life (2 days average) and so on and so on.

aahf89

Apr 16, 2012
guy

i want to flash CR9 9001 ,i read it thread but i see it installation is differ than other rom

shall i put zip file on sd card and flash it or what ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to completely repair GPS on 9001. I did hardware fix, there was a bad connection between antenna and motherboard, so I only inserted a small piece of paper under the antenna, so now connection is 100%. Before fix, there were only 4 satelites on the radar, now it's up to 11 :fingers-crossed:

Location is fixed under 3 seconds :)

I did it without any soldering...
    Could you please attach some photos for that surgery.
    I strongly believe that GPS problems in GT-I9001 are hardware based on its random occurrence.
    Thanks for the good job :good:

It is boring for me to write full explanation again, here is the link that leads to the instructions, I wrote it on local forums in my country, so use Google Translate, or find someone who knows Serbian to translate it for you :p

http://www.mycity.rs/Android/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus-GT-I9001-The-Ultimate-Guide.html#p1578804
    CWM Porting...

Like someone asked me.... I would be very happy to develop the CWM Recovery and many other mods if you can give me one esemplar of this phone...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk
    Update on our ICS project: a WIP (work in progress) thread will be opened soon in our dev section, there should be a nightly build to download which is not yet tested nor confirmed working, so when it comes out logcat and feedback from users will be very helpful. So keep an eye on our dev section and any updates/details from zackconsole.
    Please Keep All General non-Development chit chats within topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

Thank you
    -- A.G.