[BREAKING] Samsung Galaxy S III to be Announced... May 3rd

What's your next phone?

• Samsung Galaxy S III

Votes: 143 75.7%
  • Galaxy Nexus LTE (Launching April 22)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Galaxy Note (Rumored to lunch on Sprint)

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • HTC EVO 4g LTE (Upcoming pre-sale)

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • I'm leaving sprint...

Votes: 11 5.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
By the time its released to us in q3-early q4 im sure it will be sporting the dual A15's. The world phone will likely see the quadcore exynos.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

MultiLockOn

Jan 14, 2012
Almost every blog I've read says it's a consensus amongst "experts"that it'll be an overclocked Mali-400

Blogs and experts dont know crap. Id be edtremely surprised if they used that outdated GPU again. As far as I can tell everything so far is just one horrible prediction after another, stay away from techsites ahout this right now. Theyre all just making themselves look bad.

Reactions: ky0nkyon

Becoming

Jun 11, 2010
So is it looking more and more like quad core a9 with mali400? That's going to suck if it is..

Almost every blog I've read says it's a consensus amongst "experts"that it'll be an overclocked Mali-400

Well, let's assume that might be true, have a peek.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-GT-I9300-Galaxy-S-III-graphics-benchmark-appears-poised-to-rule-them-all_id29364#5-

Now, call me crazy, but I am not seeing any "suck" in there.

ky0nkyon

Feb 2, 2010
Well, let's assume that might be true, have a peek.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...rk-appears-poised-to-rule-them-all_id29364#5-

Now, call me crazy, but I am not seeing any "suck" in there.

Sure no suck compared to phones already released. If we get those specs late this year, it's going to not be so great. new tech is important to get that little extra future proofing because mali400 is ancient in tech years. Overclocking it doesn't change that fact.

Becoming

Jun 11, 2010
I find it awkward for someone like you to seriously mention future proofing as an argument when you obviously are obsessed with cutting edge technology.

Doesn't really compute.

If they manage to get 50% performance increase and substantial battery improvement with better screen, etc... I don't realistically see how that would be some crazy disappointment to anyone.

Plus, there's still a real chance they could include something better for the US release. But honestly, how much is enough?

ky0nkyon

Feb 2, 2010
I find it awkward for someone like you to seriously mention future proofing as an argument when you obviously are obsessed with cutting edge technology.

Doesn't really compute.

If they manage to get 50% performance increase and substantial battery improvement with better screen, etc... I don't realistically see how that would be some crazy disappointment to anyone.

Plus, there's still a real chance they could include something better for the US release. But honestly, how much is enough?

Well i don't know about you but i would rather have my hard earned money spent on something that would be leading edge technology for a year or so rather than something that's been out for the past year that is about to be discontinued

Becoming

Jun 11, 2010
That was sort of my point. Your perception that it's cutting edge is at least as relevant, if not more so, than the actual performance when discussing theoretical hardware.

Being this is xda, I understand what you are saying, but realistically under actual use there is nothing in those benchmarks to indicate some sort of outdated cripple of a phone.

It's all conjecture at this point anyway, but how fast do you need to run netflix and angry birds to feel satisfied with a phone?

yourbrotherrex

Mar 4, 2012
One thing I've decided:
If the S3 is actually that phone which the picture that was leaked today showed (the one with the yellow protective tape at the top, and the Touchwiz-influenced menu button), then there's no way I'm buying it. I'm just not wasting an upgrade on "Samsung-lazy-black-plastic-rectangle", I don't care how much faster it is. I'll be so completely disappointed with Samsung if they just re-cookie-cut this "groundbreaking" S3 (which, I gotta say, every leaked photo is pointing to.)
Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose
One thing I've decided:
If the S3 is actually that phone which the picture that was leaked today showed (the one with the yellow protective tape at the top, and the Touchwiz-influenced menu button), then there's no way I'm buying it. I'm just not wasting an upgrade on "Samsung-lazy-black-plastic-rectangle", I don't care how much faster it is. I'll be so completely disappointed with Samsung if they just re-cookie-cut this "groundbreaking" S3 (which, I gotta say, every leaked photo is pointing to.)
Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

You do know they've been encasing the leaks in fake enclosures, right? The actual physical design will be different

Transmission sent from a Galaxy S II, CODENAME style.

yourbrotherrex

Mar 4, 2012
You do know they've been encasing the leaks in fake enclosures, right? The actual physical design will be different

Transmission sent from a Galaxy S II, CODENAME style.

They've said that, sure.
But how far out of the box have they ever gone before?
Even the Note looks exactly like ours, but bigger. (Yeah, I know it's a "Galaxy" class.
All I'm saying is that if Galaxy class still means black rectangle, I'll stick with THIS black rectangle.

ky0nkyon

Feb 2, 2010
That was sort of my point. Your perception that it's cutting edge is at least as relevant, if not more so, than the actual performance when discussing theoretical hardware.

Being this is xda, I understand what you are saying, but realistically under actual use there is nothing in those benchmarks to indicate some sort of outdated cripple of a phone.

It's all conjecture at this point anyway, but how fast do you need to run netflix and angry birds to feel satisfied with a phone?

I understand your point that after a certain point, there is no relevance to more performance. Sure in the broad scheme of things, the general population will be happy with it. I don't believe xda members are representative of the general population though. i am in no way saying that it's a cripple, just would rather see an upgraded internal to justify a purchase, especially since it hasn't been long since i got my e4gt. I'm sure the s3 will be great in it's own right and very fast. You're right though, you can't play Netflix any faster than it already plays. I'm sure ics will make things smoother as well.

general_z

Aug 28, 2011
Stockholm
jade.se
I understand your point that after a certain point, there is no relevance to more performance. Sure in the broad scheme of things, the general population will be happy with it. I don't believe xda members are representative of the general population though. i am in no way saying that it's a cripple, just would rather see an upgraded internal to justify a purchase, especially since it hasn't been long since i got my e4gt. I'm sure the s3 will be great in it's own right and very fast. You're right though, you can't play Netflix any faster than it already plays. I'm sure ics will make things smoother as well.

With that logic we should never buy a phone again since netflix still will be slow and everything is always great.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...destined-to-power-the-next-galaxy-smartphone/

Anyone else disappointed? I was really hoping for dual-core A15.. guess I'll be waiting for the Nexus.

quad core @ 32 nm (aka 4412 quad) should do better than dual core a15. So far we have seen only few benchmarks of s15 which is compared with current lineups of quad cores @ 45 nm. A new design of quad core chip will always be better. Just read a few hours back about the leaked antutu score chart and the i9300 tops it beating transformer prime.

and also havent read anything special in battery life form htc one s which uses those krait cores

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
You know the crazy thing is how Apple-esque the security is. I don't really care if Samsung copies Apple or not, but it is getting a bit ridiculous for a major player like Samsung to rip everything out of the Apple playbook. Now they are running attack ads calling Apple users sheep, but have no qualms about shadowing everything Apple does. All the lawsuits over the Galaxy design and the Touchwiz interface are frivolous, but it's more than abundantly clear how much Samsung likes to copy. What next? I'm predicting they will do what HTC has done with the One series: sealed battery and no memory expansion, JUST like Apple. So what are the followers of sheep called? The sheep of sheep? Sheep in denial?

This secrecy is kind of annoying since I devour the slow drizzle of leaks and speculation. The Galaxy S II was announced months before release and a ton of videos and pictures and testing was peppered onto the internet the following months. I'm itching to know how the GS3 will look like and will they finally break that cheap plastic build and flimsy chrome accents. I'm not expecting any big breakthroughs in the processor/screen/camera department, although the camera might interest me as well. But there ain't a wink of a picture of video taken from it, anything credible anyway.

And yes I am a Galaxy S II owner, T-mobile variant, with the annoying and very visible lines and streaks. That's the one thing I hope they fix with the Hd amoled screens. The RGB kind that is.

MultiLockOn

Jan 14, 2012
You know the crazy thing is how Apple-esque the security is. I don't really care if Samsung copies Apple or not, but it is getting a bit ridiculous for a major player like Samsung to rip everything out of the Apple playbook. Now they are running attack ads calling Apple users sheep, but have no qualms about shadowing everything Apple does. All the lawsuits over the Galaxy design and the Touchwiz interface are frivolous, but it's more than abundantly clear how much Samsung likes to copy. What next? I'm predicting they will do what HTC has done with the One series: sealed battery and no memory expansion, JUST like Apple. So what are the followers of sheep called? The sheep of sheep? Sheep in denial?

This secrecy is kind of annoying since I devour the slow drizzle of leaks and speculation. The Galaxy S II was announced months before release and a ton of videos and pictures and testing was peppered onto the internet the following months. I'm itching to know how the GS3 will look like and will they finally break that cheap plastic build and flimsy chrome accents. I'm not expecting any big breakthroughs in the processor/screen/camera department, although the camera might interest me as well. But there ain't a wink of a picture of video taken from it, anything credible anyway.

And yes I am a Galaxy S II owner, T-mobile variant, with the annoying and very visible lines and streaks. That's the one thing I hope they fix with the Hd amoled screens. The RGB kind that is.

Uhhh, what exactly has Samsung copied again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's Official: Samsung will be announcing the Galaxy S III on May 3rd in London...

here is the article on Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/samsung-will-unveil-the-next-galaxy-phone-may-3rd-in-london/

galaxy-invite.jpg

RUMORED SPECS

4.7″ Super AMOLED HD Plus display (720p)
    Quad-Core Exynos 4412 processor with ARM Mali-400 GPU
    12-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera
    Ceramic casing
    4G LTE support
    1GB of RAM
    1750mAh Battery
    32GB of Internal Storage
    8mm Thin
    Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Samsung Galaxy SIII = Tech boner!
    Wasn't it supposed to have a dualcore a15 instead of a quadcore a9 processor?

Ooh lets start guess the name of the sprint variant
    Ill start
    Samsung galaxy s3 hd epic touch 4g lte supercalifragilisticexpialidocious phone

Haha i'm going to have to guess:

Samsung Galaxy S 3; Sprint Epic 4G LTE Touch 2 HD
    ceramic casing? sounds like a clumsy person's worse nightmare.

Blogs and experts dont know crap. Id be edtremely surprised if they used that outdated GPU again. As far as I can tell everything so far is just one horrible prediction after another, stay away from techsites ahout this right now. Theyre all just making themselves look bad.