[Q] removing safestrap and install bootstrap

Search This thread

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Delete everything that's not in use . If you're not sure, charge your battery and keep RSD open.

Or just stay stock...

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

BytecodeMe

Apr 6, 2012
San Diego
Using root explorer, go to /preinstall/app/ and delete any apks you don't use

Don't try to understand, just do it ;)

Please explain why this is practical.

wow ok. i feel real dumb. Im in that folder now and I see a bunch of apk files. I really dont know what some of these apps are. If I delete them, will it affect my phone. Thats what Im worried about

Yes, if you delete some if them it will affect your phone,some functions will force close and if you really messed up things will go south. If you know what I mean.:(

Hit thanks of I helped!

ottawadad34

Jan 19, 2011
Ottawa
Ok one question. when I go to preinstall folder, I have an app folder and a recovery folder. In the recovery folder I have hijack and logwrapper which says they are both 0bites. I also have a recovery.zip and an update-binary.

Question is that when reading on how to delete bootstrap, it says to go to system/bin and in there is also hijack and logwrapper but they are not 0bites. Is that normal to have both of the same files?

davidtm

May 17, 2012
same issue

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have retail french GSM version. I installed, some time ago, the safestrap (work everything except install roms), then unistalled and install boostrap v2 and I always get stuck in motorola logo when try to enter in bootstrap recovery mode.
Also i tried a full flash with RDS (english (EN.EU) and french (EN.FR), 2.3.5 and 2.3.6) and nothing works, wipping mobile, sd-card... Just now I just tried to delete some files in the "/preinstall/app" directory and nothing... What can I do for give you more info? There is some log file that I can post?

Thanks,

ottawadad34

Jan 19, 2011
Ottawa

BytecodeMe

Apr 6, 2012
San Diego
Finally got it to work. This is what I did.....

I used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570466

and went the rsdlite and used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1624352 and used the first file. Note when I flashed this I got a fail cause the file name was too long so I shortened it

once that flashed, I rooted the phone and then installed bootstrap and now I can get into clockwork

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me.

Just do what is said in
ottawadad34's post.

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have retail french GSM version. I installed, some time ago, the safestrap (work everything except install roms), then unistalled and install boostrap v2 and I always get stuck in motorola logo when try to enter in bootstrap recovery mode.
Also i tried a full flash with RDS (english (EN.EU) and french (EN.FR), 2.3.5 and 2.3.6) and nothing works, wipping mobile, sd-card... Just now I just tried to delete some files in the "/preinstall/app" directory and nothing... What can I do for give you more info? There is some log file that I can post?

Thanks,

Hit thanks if I helped!

Reactions: ottawadad34

davidtm

May 17, 2012
I tried 5 different RSD flash boot files with different bootloader, languages, android version and nothing... I'm desperate because nothing is working... Any one can tell me a clue where to look?

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Why there's nobody listen to me...I got this trouble with an User from Germany and he solved it on the Path, i've already posted.

We downgraded from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 an all that stuff and nothing works. Than he found this Topic on Rootzwikki what is linkend in this Thread. It worked for him as for other Guys (Just Read the Thread @ Rootzwiki)

But no, one Guy posted it sounds stupid an you all follow and run in the wrong direction :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

davidtm

May 17, 2012
Why there's nobody listen to me...I got this trouble with an User from Germany and he solved it on the Path, i've already posted.

We downgraded from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 an all that stuff and nothing works. Than he found this Topic on Rootzwikki what is linkend in this Thread. It worked for him as for other Guys (Just Read the Thread @ Rootzwiki)

But no, one Guy posted it sounds stupid an you all follow and run in the wrong direction :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Thanks HSD-Pilot, but I tried to do that. I deleted some non-important apks of this folder but it doesn't work (the current size of all files in these path (/preinstall/app) is 7.56MB)... I can't delete nothing else... I can post you the list of the files if you thing I'm missing delete some file.

davidtm

May 17, 2012
Yes, I did. Also tried to boot over the bootstrap application and nothing... I'm missing something but I don't know what... Do you know where is the recovery log file? Does it exists?

davidtm

May 17, 2012
Thanks HSD-pilot for the clue! :) Definitely the problem is the /preinstall directory! Any idea how can increase the space in this directory? I don't know what commands should I execute and no broke anything else...

(ADB output)

df
Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/dev 464M 336K 463M 4096
/mnt/asec 464M 0K 464M 4096
/mnt/obb 464M 0K 464M 4096
/system 770M 577M 193M 1024
/pds 3M 1M 2M 1024
/preinstall 8M 8M 1K 1024
/data 3G 429M 3G 4096
/cache 708M 16M 691M 4096
/osh 1G 844M 467M 2048
/mnt/sdcard-ext 14G 4M 14G 8192
/mnt/sdcard 8G 302M 7G 8192
/mnt/secure/asec 8G 302M 7G 8192
/mnt/sdcard 8G 302M 7G 8192

Last edited:

davidtm

May 17, 2012
Thanks HSD-pilot. You was totally right... I'm sorry to bother you, but in this directory all the apk files system related apks. I tried to move all the files in the /preinstall/app folder and seems that it worked. Anyway... i'm not sure if I must do this, and how the files arrived to this folder... I'm not going to flash nothing yet because I'm not sure if I can broke something... What do you think? Could someone tell me what should be in this folder and what happen if the apk files doesn't are in this directory and flash the mobile?

All the files contained in the original directory are this:

root@umts_spyder:/preinstall/app# ls
BlurCalendarProvider.apk
AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
ArcVideoEditorLite.apk
BluetoothMot.apk
BlurChooser.apk
AudioEffectSettings.apk
Bluetooth.apk
BlurCalendar.apk
BlurContacts.apk
BlurAlarmClock.apk
AdminFeedNotifier.apk
AdService.apk
BlurActions.apk
BatteryReport.apk
ApplicationsProvider.apk
BlurCamera.apk
AtCmd.apk

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
I'm not rooted but this is my preinstall folder

50bb6740-9c2c-7db5.jpg

As you see there's nothing inside. My System/apps folder shows me the apk's.

Edit: My Data Folder is also empty, but there must be data inside (Local Folder and stuff) so you have to compare with an rooted User (Damn Leak :banghead: )

Last edited:

Jostrus1

May 30, 2012
I saw that you said you Granted superuser permission... I just read that you're supposed to deny superuser permissions, then reboot into CWM.

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Wait! You need SU-rights for Bootstrap only!!!

You have to deny SU, after you have installed CWM on Boot > Boot in CWM > install CWM on Boot > reboot > deny SU for Bootstrap.

If you don't do that, it would boot just normal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes!

1.Go to the safestrap application on your phone.
    2. Hit uninstall recovery.
    Once you hit that, safestrap is uninstalled and all you gotta do is install bootstrap.

Here's a guide for installing bootstrap: http://theunlockr.com/2012/01/24/how-to-install-bootstrap-recovery-on-the-motorola-droid-razr/

You know what button to hit!

Sent from my DROIDRAZR using XDA
    Ok, I remember what's your problem.

Follow this!

http://www.eternityproject.eu/index.php?/topic/32-bootstrap-not-working#entry478

You can't install Bootstrap with Rom Manager, but it would ask you if you had installed an Version manually. Say yes and set 3+...

The main part for you is to delete the files in that Folder!

Good luck...

No, he have to install it manually on the usual way. Just need Rom Manager to boot into CWM.

Like I say, Rom Manager would told him that there's no official CWM for the RazR and ask him, if he had installed an Version manually. I know that for that Guy it's been working. He's an Member of our Germany forums.

It's 4am here so it's not easy to remember so fast as usual :D

After reading it again the fact is > you need space in that folder...

Finally got it to work. This is what I did.....

I used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570466

and went the rsdlite and used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1624352 and used the first file. Note when I flashed this I got a fail cause the file name was too long so I shortened it

once that flashed, I rooted the phone and then installed bootstrap and now I can get into clockwork

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me.

Just do what is said in
    ottawadad34's post.

Hello,

Thanks,

Hit thanks if I helped!