Dropped phone into water..

Search This thread

Weekend Offender

Dec 18, 2011
Sony Xperia M2
I've dropped my phone to water and it was working for some moment's and it got shut down.I dried it and i tried to press power but it didn't react at all and it's not turning on now.Do we have something on our phone that can prove that it was exposed to water ? Or is there something i could do to fix the prob ? Also only half of the phone got into water.And it vibrated once after like half an hour by itself,and i heard some weird sound from phone for some time.

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've dropped my phone to water and it was working for some moment's and it got shut down.I dried it and i tried to press power but it didn't react at all and it's not turning on now.

My friend with a S4 had same problem.
How he fixed it was that he shut his phone off and left it in a bowl of uncooked rice (or use any dehydrator) for 2 or 3 days.

This is just advice and I've never experienced such issue.

Sent from my P6-U06

Reactions: Weekend Offender

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
Well, uncooked rice is good, its an easy alternative. Whats even better is silica gel. Its not easily available unless you're working in chemistry lab or have friends that do. For silica gel, you can heat up the silica gel first, let it cool and put your phone inside the silica gel and let it be for 2 hours, even better if you remove the simcard and memory card tray so that the moisture can secape from inside the phone. You can try opening the back cover, only if you know how. Actually you need to open (I cant explain it here) the bottom rounded cover, then slide down the back cover then gently pull it out. For silica gel, a few hours should be enough. Longer is better. For uncooked rice, I would suggest a few days.Longer would be better.

Its really best to remove the battery of a phone, but in our phone case, its a bit difficult unless you know how to. At least you can put some insulator between the power contact between the battery and the phone.

Last edited:

Weekend Offender

Dec 18, 2011
Sony Xperia M2
It was sitting whole night on table and i plugged it on charger and now it booted and everything work's.

I've read somewhere that if it work's it can die any time because of water that was inside,like ppl had their phone working for 2 - 3 months and suddenly they stop.Do you know any way that I can prevent this from happening ?

EDIT: Now my touch doesn't work.

Last edited:

Genij14

Mar 11, 2012
It was sitting whole night on table and i plugged it on charger and now it booted and everything work's.

I've read somewhere that if it work's it can die any time because of water that was inside,like ppl had their phone working for 2 - 3 months and suddenly they stop.Do you know any way that I can prevent this from happening ?

I think you should use the rice method to remove all traces of water left in your phone.

zemega

Jan 15, 2014

As we have said, leave your phone inside a bowl/box of uncooked rice, its a good humidity absorber. That will absorb almost all the humidity inside your phone. Don;t turn it on until then. You don't want anything to short circuit inside your phone. Silica gel is whole lot better than uncooked rice, but it can be hard to find.

Weekend Offender

Dec 18, 2011
Sony Xperia M2
Hardware button's doesn't work too so i can't wake it or turn it off..It was in rice for good 8 hour's and today I will return it to service.I think digitizer,microphone and hardware button's are the only thing's that doesn't work atm.

bieabbie

Jun 26, 2017
I was just listening to music when it fell in the tub filled with water(obviously). My initial reaction being the idiot and panicky me is to try if my phone is still on, and it was. then the battery drained so quickly and then i clicked the shut off button and it went off. I tried the rice method overnight. Nothing happened. Does my phone still have hope or should I let go? please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, uncooked rice is good, its an easy alternative. Whats even better is silica gel. Its not easily available unless you're working in chemistry lab or have friends that do. For silica gel, you can heat up the silica gel first, let it cool and put your phone inside the silica gel and let it be for 2 hours, even better if you remove the simcard and memory card tray so that the moisture can secape from inside the phone. You can try opening the back cover, only if you know how. Actually you need to open (I cant explain it here) the bottom rounded cover, then slide down the back cover then gently pull it out. For silica gel, a few hours should be enough. Longer is better. For uncooked rice, I would suggest a few days.Longer would be better.

Its really best to remove the battery of a phone, but in our phone case, its a bit difficult unless you know how to. At least you can put some insulator between the power contact between the battery and the phone.
    I've dropped my phone to water and it was working for some moment's and it got shut down.I dried it and i tried to press power but it didn't react at all and it's not turning on now.

My friend with a S4 had same problem.
    How he fixed it was that he shut his phone off and left it in a bowl of uncooked rice (or use any dehydrator) for 2 or 3 days.

This is just advice and I've never experienced such issue.

Sent from my P6-U06