Question about AT&T new RUU.

Search This thread

robjbw

Dec 29, 2007
I currently have my AT&T HTC One m8 bootloader unlocked and s-off. If I run the new full Ruu that was released, will it restore my device to stock? Will it relock my bootloader and turn s-on??? Or will it brick my One? I like to restore to stock so I can receive updates and I'm okay leaving the bootloader unlocked and keeping s-off. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I like to restore to stock so I can receive updates and I'm okay leaving the bootloader unlocked and keeping s-off.

Its safe to do. But IMO OTA updates don't belong on modded phones. You have the ability to install the same or better since you are BL unlocked and S-off. Going back to stock recovery and ROM is a step backwards.

This is my 4th HTC Android device, and the number of times I've installed an OTA update is ZERO.

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
Its safe to do. But IMO OTA updates don't belong on modded phones. You have the ability to install the same or better since you are BL unlocked and S-off. Going back to stock recovery and ROM is a step backwards.

This is my 4th HTC Android device, and the number of times I've installed an OTA update is ZERO.

Just out of curiosity what Rom do you run redpoint?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Just out of curiosity what Rom do you run redpoint?

I'm not a fan of the questions "what is your favorite ROM", "best ROM" etc. Its a highly personal choice, and what works for me, may not be the "best" others.

But I am currently on InsertCoin. IMO, almost anything is preferable to stock. InsertCoin happens to have the features I want, and not too much that I don't. I'm personally drawn to Sense-based ROMs, with stock look (but cleaned up and optimized). And I prefer international base to AT&T base.

Last edited:

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
No disrespect and I understand your response. Was just curious what you personally were running at the moment. I agree with your response on international base. Wish there was an ruu. Since my m7 I got spoiled flashing ruu.zips instead of roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All it will do is write the stock Rom, firmware and recovery. You will still be locked/unlocked and soff