[Q] Broken Xperia Z

Search This thread

bavarezul13

Jan 8, 2014
Hi everyone!
4 days ago i washed my phone for about 10 seconds, phone worked normally. After 1 hour i saw water went into both front and back camera. I got out all flaps and after some hours cameras were functional again. After even more hours buttons started to act weird. Sometimes power button wasn't working, sometimes volume up was acting like power button and so on. I tried to restart the phone, sometimes it went into safe mode(probably volume button was pressed by itself). Finally I couldn't start the phone at all(perhaps the power button stopped working at all).
After that i calmed down and put my phone into rice(hoping that would absorb water if any). After 24 hours i had no luck. When i had connected my phone to computer, the led was red, phone vibrated 3 times and then again and again.
Next step was to open the phone( removing the back with a hairdryer), took out the battery and trying to dry the phone with hairdryer. Still no succes. When connecting to PC and start flashtool, my phone wasn't recognised. I installed Sony Update Service (SUS) and then when i connected my phone i heard that sound you often hear when connecting a new device to an USB port. Now my phone is seen by flashtool, but it's always in fastbootmode. I even flashed CWM and it worked.
The problem is that it seems volume up is pressed always so i can't enter in flashmode to flash 4.4.2, it always goes into fastboot.
When on battery the phone is dead at all. Still when i try to charge the phone, it starts, displays Sony logo then shows that it's charging (at first that battery was empty but after 2 hours it got full charged). If i press power button it shutdown.
To resume, when on battery nothing happens( the battery could be dead). When plugged to wall charger the phone starts charging( so battery could work). Power button does nothing at all when on battery, but works when phone is charging or when connected to PC in fastboot.
If anyone had any idea what I could do I would be very appreciative. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.Thank you very much for your support!

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Hi everyone!
4 days ago i washed my phone for about 10 seconds, phone worked normally. After 1 hour i saw water went into both front and back camera. I got out all flaps and after some hours cameras were functional again. After even more hours buttons started to act weird. Sometimes power button wasn't working, sometimes volume up was acting like power button and so on. I tried to restart the phone, sometimes it went into safe mode(probably volume button was pressed by itself). Finally I couldn't start the phone at all(perhaps the power button stopped working at all).
After that i calmed down and put my phone into rice(hoping that would absorb water if any). After 24 hours i had no luck. When i had connected my phone to computer, the led was red, phone vibrated 3 times and then again and again.
Next step was to open the phone( removing the back with a hairdryer), took out the battery and trying to dry the phone with hairdryer. Still no succes. When connecting to PC and start flashtool, my phone wasn't recognised. I installed Sony Update Service (SUS) and then when i connected my phone i heard that sound you often hear when connecting a new device to an USB port. Now my phone is seen by flashtool, but it's always in fastbootmode. I even flashed CWM and it worked.
The problem is that it seems volume up is pressed always so i can't enter in flashmode to flash 4.4.2, it always goes into fastboot.
When on battery the phone is dead at all. Still when i try to charge the phone, it starts, displays Sony logo then shows that it's charging (at first that battery was empty but after 2 hours it got full charged). If i press power button it shutdown.
To resume, when on battery nothing happens( the battery could be dead). When plugged to wall charger the phone starts charging( so battery could work). Power button does nothing at all when on battery, but works when phone is charging or when connected to PC in fastboot.
If anyone had any idea what I could do I would be very appreciative. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.Thank you very much for your support!

Did you connect phone holding volume down key or are you connecting usb after that pressing volume down key :confused:

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Please remember this for the rest of your life:
When you notice that water has went into your device.... TURN IT THE F OFF AND LET TIT DRY...
Using it while it's wet from the inside is really bad.

bavarezul13

Jan 8, 2014
Update Guys

Today I've replaced that yellow connector that contains power, vol up and vol down buttons. I managed to enter flashmode and flashed the newest official rom .233. Power button and vol up work like charm, vol down is dead.
The problem is that my phone is stuck on safe mode(probably because vol down is stuck). I want to know if there's any solution to get rid of this safe mode. I read somewhere that changes can be made to the kernel so that vol down will be disabled for ever. If you know any ROM, any mod, whatever that disables the vol down button i'll appreciate your help.

Last edited: