[Q] Print email from OEM Email app?

Search This thread

xda_fanboy

Jan 19, 2009
OK, I'm hoping I'm missing something very obvious... but I cannot find an option to print an email from the OEM Email (not GMail) app that comes installed on the Nexus 5?

Unfortunately, it has to be printed from this app (so other working options like login via browser, print from PC etc. are not viable for me).

I've already searched extensively and have not been able to find any information. Can someone please advise on how to accomplish this? Surely you have to be able to print an email from within the app!?

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
If you have a wireless printer, there are a few good printing apps out there. The printer and phone have to be on the same wireless network to work. Epson printing app works great. Good luck.

NEXUS 5

Reactions: xda_fanboy

xda_fanboy

Jan 19, 2009
If you have a wireless printer, there are a few good printing apps out there. The printer and phone have to be on the same wireless network to work. Epson printing app works great. Good luck.

NEXUS 5

Thanks but printing apps are not the issue, it's how to initiate the Print command from within the Email app itself. I can't find a menu option or equivalent anywhere.

pabarker

Sep 1, 2012
You cannot print directly from the stock email app. Maybe Google will add this in a future update. If you are using a wireless printer then you might try installing the app for the make of printer you have and then you may be able to share an email with the app for print. I have an HP printer and have been unable to get the email share to work with the HP app. Only option I know of is to forward the email to your GMail account and print it from there. Not great but its the only way to print emails.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xda_fanboy

xda_fanboy

Jan 19, 2009
You cannot print directly from the stock email app. Maybe Google will add this in a future update. If you are using a wireless printer then you might try installing the app for the make of printer you have and then you may be able to share an email with the app for print. I have an HP printer and have been unable to get the email share to work with the HP app. Only option I know of is to forward the email to your GMail account and print it from there. Not great but its the only way to print emails.

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected was the case, but still find a little hard to believe! Seems like an odd omission. Hopefully they'll add decent Share functionality in a future update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NEXUS 5