Had my first phone lockup :(

Search This thread

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
Was using this app, then long press on home button to search from Google now. Phone froze, screen went black and just left the keyboard open. Couldn't do anything apart from a battery pull. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

noideaforusername

May 2, 2013
Never happened to me on the S5 yet but it happened for me some times on the nexus 7 2014 while using chrome (only on kitkat). Guess its a general problem that can happen in android since KitKat. Hope google can fix it asap.

atilla88

Jun 3, 2011
Hamburg
There is no need for breaking your fingers by pressing all buttons,just hold the power button as long until it restarts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: simacca

SuperTek

May 16, 2014
Was using this app, then long press on home button to search from Google now. Phone froze, screen went black and just left the keyboard open. Couldn't do anything apart from a battery pull. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That sucks. Let us know if it happens again and how.

mastermarc

Sep 22, 2007
cincinnati
happens to me all the time, very annoying. The screen just goes black but the background apps continue to work (at least half the time anyway).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hold both Vol+/Vol- , Home & power button to perform a hard reboot
    There is no need for breaking your fingers by pressing all buttons,just hold the power button as long until it restarts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app