Thin case for atrix?

Search This thread

neoxz

Nov 22, 2009
Just got the incipio case from radio shack. The case was good, however the screen protector that came with it is a little short. It does not cover the 4 buttons on the screen

beazie0885

Jul 25, 2008
ATLantA
Looks like widget locker to me... Check it out, freakin sweet fully customizable too

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
I first tried the Speck case. Utter junk and felt like a toy.

Then I bought the Otterbox Impact (their smallest case). It's much better, but still a *bit* too big for everyday use. Keeping it so I can use it if I decide to go camping or something, but otherwise not using it much.

Order a silicone case off Amazon. Truth be told I don't really need a case for this thing, but I just like knowing I won't have to replace the battery door every 3 months from the random scratch this thing might accrue. I like to re-sell my devices somewhat frequently so have to keep it pristine.

strauss0829

Mar 31, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Cross posting this from the Incipio thread:

Just scored the Incipio Feather case (in black) - we're already using one on our iPhone 4, and I really like it. I wanted something to cover the back/side, provide better grip, and maybe offer a touch of drop resistance, but that's secondary.

The material is super thin, like 0.5mm or thinner, it basically adds no bulk to the phone. It does come with a screen protector, but I doubt I'll use it, I'm pretty gentle with my phones and they're usually just in my pocket (and I keep my rusty nails and broken glass in a +different+ pocket). Plus the design isn't edge-to-edut

The fit is tight, really clean, the ports/buttons are easily accessible. It uses that popular "soft touch" type material, which has an almost felt like surface. We have a Speck case that's like this. The nice thing vs. silicone is it's grippy, but it doesn't attract dust ~n~ gunk and wipes clean. It also isn't so sticky that it's hard to get out of a pocket!

...I second this case ...super thin ..they sell at radio shack for like 25.00 and i got the At&t screen protector 2 pack with anit finger & glare for 15.00 and a leather top slide in case sorta like a BB case and it all works well together

shawnbuck

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
NY
Yeah, the screen protector that came with the feather is awful. I ended up taking it off after a day.

plasticglock

Mar 4, 2011
Texas
...I second this case ...super thin ..they sell at radio shack for like 25.00 and i got the At&t screen protector 2 pack with anit finger & glare for 15.00 and a leather top slide in case sorta like a BB case and it all works well together

Could I ask about the BB style sleeve case? I am very used to that design from using it on my old Blackberry and I miss it. I can't find one to fit the atrix.

jonny6056

Sep 23, 2010
Markham
just received my atrix today from ups, caught me by surprise and been planning on getting a case before the phone arrived. came across my nexus one sleeve that came with the phone laying around in my computer drawer. "light bulb" fits perfect and looks sweet. so for those of you that are coming of the nexus one like me and have that sleeve try it out. :D

Reactions: plasticglock

alphadog00

Jun 29, 2010
The Body Glove does not work with these docks. It will fit (extremely tight), but the thickness of the sides of the case near the HDMI and microUSB ports keeps the phone from sitting all the way down on the dock. The end result is that it doesn't trigger or power the device.

I ended up returning my dock because of this.

The docks come with an insert for a cased phone. I am using mine with the Body Glove case, but i may return the case.

Tenacious--M

Sep 10, 2010
Nvidia Shield TV & TV Pro (2019)
On the Incipio Feather Lite Case, will it work with the HDMI dock and also the standard OEM Motorola dock?

Has anybody tried it on the car dock with sucess? Sounded like it did, but was the top clasp able to latch down?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just received my atrix today from ups, caught me by surprise and been planning on getting a case before the phone arrived. came across my nexus one sleeve that came with the phone laying around in my computer drawer. "light bulb" fits perfect and looks sweet. so for those of you that are coming of the nexus one like me and have that sleeve try it out. :D