[Q] Root in Argentina and Brazil official update

Search This thread

nicofff

Apr 18, 2011
bootloader version

Pretty sure it's a long shot, but i'll ask anyway.

I have the 2.3.6 personal ROM (flashed while it was in the official tech support). Looking in the firmwares superthread, it says that this ROM uses the 70.13 bootloader, but mine uses the 70.12.

Does the no root, no downgrade apply also to this bootloader. Or does it allow me to try something else. I've already tried all rooting methods around.

I'll be willing to try some downgrade, root methods, if they don't brick the phone.

Otherwise i'll just sit around and wait for an exploit to surface.

giannihsd

Sep 11, 2006
same problems

Hi,

I'm an italian user, I have the same problem with "personal roma 2.3.6"

And my motorola don't go in roaming mode when it not find my operator network
Is not a sim problem because other phone use roaming network

mollyboy007

Dec 5, 2011
why cant we rooting personal

i just cant believe this... i installed that Stupid Personal and now i just cant get it off... i've searched the internet over and over for a month now and no progress.
so do anyone know when we will get news.... or i should say good news... i am reading up on this Motorola SBF files but nothing new.... need more information...

InfecteDG

Feb 7, 2012
Luque (cordoba)
i just cant believe this... i installed that Stupid Personal and now i just cant get it off... i've searched the internet over and over for a month now and no progress.
so do anyone know when we will get news.... or i should say good news... i am reading up on this Motorola SBF files but nothing new.... need more information...

there's a new method BUT didn't worked for me, but u must try it, read all instructions first

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586570

mollyboy007

Dec 5, 2011

Stranyer

Nov 18, 2011
well im sad to say but i did not get it rooted also so sad. i cant believe there is no other way to root personal. i searching the internet every night now still no news....

well i will be waiting for the day when i get good news..

Same here, i can't believe it!

But well, i guess we need to keep waiting and having faith... I really hate this ROM grrr

fourl6

Jan 10, 2011
Im going to play dumb and send my milestone 2 back under warranty, its only 6 months old and after trying to install a custom GB rom i bricked my phone and the only sbf file that brought it to life was the Argentina Personal M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27.

So iv flashed the stock optus sbf to the phone Australia Optus MILS2_U6_2.2.19 (it just shows a blank screen) and will send it back.

felipechaulet

Oct 20, 2010
Hi guys,
I've the same problem, but I read on a forum that if your M2 with Vivo is unlocked for any operators, it accept a retail rom over the Vivo rom. Also, my M2 does not have the R01 of the death. In fact, I don't know, my system is:
System Version
45.2.2710.A953.Vivo.en.BR
Build Number
4.5.2-51_M2L-27

But, I also have:
Revision Number:

So, I don't know is the R01 have to come in the build version or this Revision Number also applies.
Anyway. My phone is unlocked, I'm using Tim operator right now.
I bought my M2 this week and it comes with Froyo from Vivo. Then, as I didn't know about this thing from Vivo rom, I updated from the Motorola software Update. But, in the Motorola website, I've selected the Retail version, to make de update, and still, my phone was updated with the Vivo version. At least I think so, because I've tried to root the phone with all of the possible ways and didn't works.
So, I'm wondering, if my phone is unlocked, can I install a retail rom over the Vivo rom? I have the retail file to make the upload, but I don't have the Vivo file, so I'm afraid to make any test, because if something goes wrong, I have to put the Vivo rom back to the phone. Then, if somebody have the Vivo sbf, please, send me a link.
Thanks

MaxK47

Jan 21, 2012
São Carlos (SP)
So, I'm wondering, if my phone is unlocked, can I install a retail rom over the Vivo rom? I have the retail file to make the upload, but I don't have the Vivo file, so I'm afraid to make any test, because if something goes wrong, I have to put the Vivo rom back to the phone. Then, if somebody have the Vivo sbf, please, send me a link.
Thanks

Try it and tell us if it works. Look in http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone2 for the MD5, and download the correct rom from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_milestone2/list.php

felipechaulet

Oct 20, 2010
Ok, I'll try
but, something is wrong, in the first link, the md5 to the Vivo rom is FB3CE24D905539FC4DD9DBEAEFAAE733
and in the second one, this md5 is of the file M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETBRB125LA001.0R_STABLE45LAMILETRETBR_P007_A019_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz
that appears to be a retail rom.
This last page have a Vivo rom M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_R01_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBVIVBRB125LA003.0R_STABLE45LAMILETVIVBR_P011_A030_M002_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz, I'll download both and try.

Later I'll post the result

sminatore

Feb 16, 2012
roma
mmm i haven't understand....are there 2 vivo rom , R0 and R01 and the last one doesnt let us install other roms instead with the r0 we can install other rom?

is it possible install R0 if i have R01 ?

felipechaulet

Oct 20, 2010
I'm lost about this.
When I plugged my phone in RSD, it shows a R01 Vivo rom. So, I didn't try to install another rom over the Vivo rom.
But, in fact, appears that are two retail roms. And, one of them is R01 and the another one isn't. Look to the names:
This is the R01 one
M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_R01_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETLAB125LA003.0R_STABLE45LAMILETRETLA_P005_A028_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz
And this is the another one
M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETBRB125LA001.0R_STABLE45LAMILETRETBR_P007_A019_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz

So, the question is, none of this roms can be installed over the Vivo/Claro/Personal rom?

Another thing. The Vivo rom cannot be rooted because the Vivo carrier solved some security issues in the rom, and with this fixes, the root cannot be made. Then, this R01 retail rom is just a retail rom with the security issues fixed? Or a Vivo (security fixed) without the Vivo stuff (I know, is the same thing)?

I'm gonna ask something. I don't know about exchange roms in Milestone 2/Droid 2, so I was wondering, there is somebody in the forum with more experience about this to try and tell us if works?
I'm afraid of switch the roms and my phone does not work again. That is the reason that I didn't yet.
And in "if works" I mean, if it is possible to put one of this retail roms over the Vivo rom and make root on it?
And going further, if this is possible, is also possible put a non-official rom, like CM7/CM9 or Miui?

felipechaulet

Oct 20, 2010
Well, I tried.
And didn't work.
The RSD says that there is an internal error, and I just toke of the battery, putted back in and turned on the phone, and there was the Vivo rom. I tried with the two retail rom.
So, we just need to wait for somebody really good at this unlock phone thing to find the solution for this.

At least one thing this vivo rom is good (I know, sarcasm), even if I try to brick my phone, the rom don't let me do it... :p

Reactions: criptoinfo

Stranyer

Nov 18, 2011
Well, I tried.
And didn't work.
The RSD says that there is an internal error, and I just toke of the battery, putted back in and turned on the phone, and there was the Vivo rom. I tried with the two retail rom.
So, we just need to wait for somebody really good at this unlock phone thing to find the solution for this.

At least one thing this vivo rom is good (I know, sarcasm), even if I try to brick my phone, the rom don't let me do it... :p

Sorry to hear that, i was having faith on you :/

Still, thanks!... seems that way.. f*** ROM!

nicofff

Apr 18, 2011
Posible new rooting method

There is a (posible) new rooting method over here. We could use a few hands doing some testing, to see if it works with our device.
And it would be great if someone could post it over in the development section, so it'll get more attention ;)

tamas.dem

Apr 25, 2012
Debrecen
Any progress?

Hi All,

first my question: any luck rootin the Latin-American ROMs?

I had the Asia retail on my phone (in Hungary, wtf?) and it was 2.2. I could root it, all was fine, installed CM7 but I forgot Google apps. For that I used Droid bootstrapper to get into bootloader and the phone died (bootloop, etc.) I had to flash a ROM and I used the Vivo ROM. Now I'm stuck with it, can't root it, lost the warranty and I have a huge Vivo logo at boot :(

So... can we root this ROM at least or any way to install the GB ROM?

Thanks!

stark_br

Sep 29, 2010
Redmi Note 8
Has anyone tried to install a 2.3.4 rom which seems to be rootable?

I'll try on my brother's phone because he has done this **** install on his m2.

If I got any luck I let u guys know...

Reactions: tamas.dem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root in this rom is possible only with superoneclick.

Sent from my A953 using XDA App
    Check instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Sent from my A953 using XDA App
    Maybe SuperOneClick doesn't work with the Argentinian 2.3.6 ROM? :confused:
    BTW, you tried to flash the Brazilian SBF?
    Well, I tried.
    And didn't work.

Has anyone tried to install a 2.3.4 rom which seems to be rootable?

I'll try on my brother's phone because he has done this **** install on his m2.

If I got any luck I let u guys know...