CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

Motogeek

Aug 30, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
I'll keep an eye on this thread. I base my phone purchases on cm support.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
oohhh man i hope to god that this can work on my E971 device from rogers. this will be my permanent and primary device since yesterday when i got the upgrade from rogers. thanks sooo much for canadian developement and i hope to learn the ropes and join the dev community.

Ninc

Jul 22, 2009
Kingston
Do want

Just dropping in to toss in my kudos to chadouming and thracky for their work on bringing a proper ROM to this phone. :good: I'm waiting on a fix for the different misc partition issue, as soon as Shelnutt2 puts that up on the Play store I'll be flashing this.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Hmm, more great news, we might have fixed audio issue. However, NFC have a huge wakelock so i won't give a new build. I am currently trying to fix that but work is slowed a bit as it's 2 am :p . We will probably push a new update tommorow so stay tuned !

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
want to add tell you about our progression :

We figured out what was wrong with audio, now we need to fix
Wifi still not fixed
Camera was broken on our own build, we fixed it
Fixed NFC wakelock by disabling NFC.

That is pretty much where we are now. Any help is appreciated, specially on developement side. You can join us by email or on IRC. We are on channel #lg-optimus-g on freenode.

iaes

Apr 12, 2010
Thanks for all the updates, chadouming. It's great to see all the progression. The team's hard work is appreciated.

miguelpaddy

Dec 5, 2009
Great job guy thanks to all developers work hard to try make a stable build

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
Is there any way some non developers can help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

At this point we're trying to get "core" functionality working and still in the process of figuring out exactly why certain things aren't working.

Once we figure out the why (we're mostly there for a vast majority of stuff) we have to figure out a solution :D

So to answer your question, there isn't much we need from end users at this point.

Reactions: panoulil

Staz87

Dec 22, 2007
RH
I am going to apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. How do I remove/restore to my stock rom? Because it seems that this has changed the partition I am not even able to do a restore from CWM because it says "E: Can't mount SDcard" Even though I only have the internal storage where the CWM backup is stored.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
I am going to apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. How do I remove/restore to my stock rom? Because it seems that this has changed the partition I am not even able to do a restore from CWM because it says "E: Can't mount SDcard" Even though I only have the internal storage where the CWM backup is stored.

This rom does not mess with partition. I also flash everything before sending it to the public. One last thing, for the backup, in CWM try restore from internal sdcard.

Staz87

Dec 22, 2007
RH
This rom does not mess with partition. I also flash everything before sending it to the public. One last thing, for the backup, in CWM try restore from internal sdcard.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually trying to restore from internal sdcard and advanced restore from external sd card, my phone doesn't even have an external sd slot it's the e971. Anyway I followed the unbrick guide and luckily restored stock. Although I can't restore backup gives me md5 sum error.

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
Thanks for the reply. I was actually trying to restore from internal sdcard and advanced restore from external sd card, my phone doesn't even have an external sd slot it's the e971. Anyway I followed the unbrick guide and luckily restored stock. Although I can't restore backup gives me md5 sum error.

Likely this particular cm 10.1 will not work on your phone anyways due to the older rpm firmware. From what I know the E973 is the only one with the newer firmware.

Regarding your md5 sum issue, check carret's general guide in the at&t forums on how to generate the md5 by hand.

Regarding the rom, due to some issues we're going to be reverting back to 3.0 kernel since that's what we have source for, and it's going to be a nightmare to fix things in 3.4 at the moment. So this may be ok for the E971 once we've done this.

Staz87

Dec 22, 2007
RH
Well the rom actually installed smoothly, worked great too. Only when I want to revert back I noticed that the partition in CWM looked different and it wouldn't recognize the internal sd back up, it couldn't even find it even though it was in the original /backups subfolder of CWM.

Anyway thanks a bunch I will be waiting patiently until this from has a working wifi and ear piece sound.

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
Well the rom actually installed smoothly, worked great too. Only when I want to revert back I noticed that the partition in CWM looked different and it wouldn't recognize the internal sd back up, it couldn't even find it even though it was in the original /backups subfolder of CWM.

Anyway thanks a bunch I will be waiting patiently until this from has a working wifi and ear piece sound.

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

Ear piece audio is temp fixable with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

That app allows you to disable headphone jack detect and force routing however you want. Our issue with audio routing is 100% due to the headphone jack detection not working.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium
    Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.