• No - I found it totally useless

Votes: 121 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

schbounz

Dec 18, 2006
Thanks for this tutorial !

Note that on my PC the driver was named "HTC Device/HTC USB Sync", not "Mobile devices/Microsoft USB Sync". It can be confusing, so if my remark can be helpful to someone else...

Brav0

Jul 11, 2009
Munich
I have a question about this line:

formatstorage Bad block found: 1625

I get a different number there, is that bad? Or will it be different for some phones?

My phone seems to run without any problems. Anyways thanks for this awesome guide!

s2007

May 7, 2008
I did post 2 point 4 and do not see Microsoft USB Sync but only HTC USB Sync as wrote schbounz. It is OK? Can I continue?

PS> Thanks for instruction

Last edited:

HaiLe512

Feb 27, 2007
Thanks!!!

I did your very detailed procedure and it works. I am using XP so I could skip some steps. I am now running w/o soft reset for a few days. Thanks.

Question: What happened to the bad block? I hope this program masks it coz if you run the MTTY program again, the same bad blocks appear. I had multiple bad blocks (six to be exact!).

Thanks,
:D
A happy ROM-Flasher!

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
I did post 2 point 4 and do not see Microsoft USB Sync but only HTC USB Sync as wrote schbounz. It is OK? Can I continue?

PS> Thanks for instruction

Yeah, as long as you install the drivers to your device, it doesnt matter what the device shows up as in the device manager!!

MG

Kulik

Jun 12, 2007
vista active sync

sorry to bother you guys with this, but how do I install active sync on Vista? installation always stops and says its for winXP only and for sync I ve always used Windows Mobile Device Center, but it seems drivers are totally different.

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
sorry to bother you guys with this, but how do I install active sync on Vista? installation always stops and says its for winXP only and for sync I ve always used Windows Mobile Device Center, but it seems drivers are totally different.

well you cannot use active sync on Vista. the vista version is Windows Mobile Device Center. but this is only the software on your PC.

your device when you connect it via USB gives 3 options, the first is ACTIVE SYNC, second is USB etc etc. you need to select Active Sync.

(I didnt add it to the tutorial because i thought it was obvious!!!! :eek:)

MG

Last edited:

Kulik

Jun 12, 2007
ou...right

your device when you connect it via USB gives 3 options, the first is ACTIVE SYNC, second is USB etc etc. you need to select Active Sync.

(I didnt add it to the tutorial because i thought it was obvious!!!! :eek:)

MG

AAA:D thats what that means:p ok, my bad, it is obvious, i just got a little confused...

EDIT: Anyways, now Ive done it right n i must say WOW, what a guide, step by step, brilliant work! Helped a lot.

Last edited:

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Ehi guys, have any ideas about that?

Cmd>task 28 55aa
Format start
Fill RSVD information for block 288 to 321
Storage start sector=0x9500, total sector=0x11180
Storage start block=629, total block=1094
Total Bad Block in CE: 0

Erase physical block from 919 to 2048

formatstorage Bad block found: 1736
Format end

I dont' think it gets to format, at least not the 4GB... am I right? Is stock rom installing the only way out? That overwrites the radio, too! Or may I format the Internal Storage simply via Windows, somehow I don't know about? :D

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Hey dude... i think you should mention in the How To that Hard-SPL IS REQUIRED to use this software...

Some nuts have been using this with original SPL and bricked their phone badly...

So again: THIS SHOULD BE USED WITH HARD-SPL ONLY, NOT STOCK SPL's!!!

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Hey dude... i think you should mention in the How To that Hard-SPL IS REQUIRED to use this software...

Some nuts have been using this with original SPL and bricked their phone badly...

So again: THIS SHOULD BE USED WITH HARD-SPL ONLY, NOT STOCK SPL's!!!

Are you serious? people are that stupid?

Ill add to the first post!!

makeveral

Yup... up to 5 diamond's bricked in the spanish forums what ive heard :p

So put it in big red letters :p

ye thats true! well in fact 2-3 ppl not 5 :D

i wrote the tutorial and i wrote in bold
IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU NEED A HARDSPL

but looks like some ppl dont read xD

btw MG i upgraded to windows7 , used the drievrs you posted and worked perfectly so thanks ;)

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
ye thats true! well in fact 2-3 ppl not 5 :D

i wrote the tutorial and i wrote in bold
IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU NEED A HARDSPL

but looks like some ppl dont read xD

btw MG i upgraded to windows7 , used the drievrs you posted and worked perfectly so thanks ;)

No problem, im glad you found this useful!! still loving your ROM!!

working on moving over from Sashimi install to XDA_UC!! just abit apprehensive!!

MG

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
What for is "Vol Down and Back" in this case?

well considering this is your first post here, ill go easy.

but how exactly do you think you will initiate the rom flash from your internal storage without these key presses.

these steps are a VERY well documented and THE only way to initiate a flash from the device internal storage.

you are totally incorrect and this is irrelevant to the thread.

I think this part is not needed.

LOL, ok, well i invite you to skip that step and see what happens, but dont be surprised if you end up with a device with no ROM.

ROFL!!!

The reason you need this is CLEARLY written below:

8: Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Down and Circle) on completion "Press Vol Up To Boot" Is displayed, press "Vol Up" and IMMEDIATELY press and hold "Vol Down and Back" (Back = Small Arrow above "End Call" Button) to Initiate ROM Flash

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
uhm i dont know man. Everytime ive flashed like 3 or 4 times i have to use MTTY again... can this be the sign of my mobile nearing death?

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
uhm i dont know man. Everytime ive flashed like 3 or 4 times i have to use MTTY again... can this be the sign of my mobile nearing death?

nah, just bloated roms!!

if you had phone death your nand chip would be going and MTTY would tell you with bad blocks in the CE output from MTTY.

MG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a friendly warning to people who are new to the site/new to the thread.
    There has been a LOT of unnecessary posts recently from people who cannot be bothered searching starting
    HERE ON PAGE 59 POST 581 onwards.

I will simply not reply or reply with "Search". Why should I help when people cannot be bothered ATTEMPTING to help themselves?

Also anyone thinking of asking either of the following questions:

1: "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY: Total Bad Block in CE: x"
    2:
    "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY:

ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!
    ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!"
    (where x is a random number)

This has been asked 100+ times in this thread so this is the final time I will answer:

IT MEANS NOTHING..NADA..ZIP! I have not experienced ANY problem with this output...Please stop asking!

There is a LOT of information in this thread. All you need is the first 4 posts or the search button OR if it is a GENUINE problem post it and I will help!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks, as all of us flashing junkies are continuously flashing devices there has been an increase in "Strange Problems" which to all intents and purposes are just “clog ups” and “bad flashes”

As we all know MTTY is the key here, but I can say from personal experience that this small piece of software is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to get working, i must have tried 15-20 different “recommended” procedures to get it work and all failed.

But I managed to find a failsafe method of getting MTTY working on Vista AND Windows 7, also x86 AND x64!! (I have all 4 windows installations and the methods detailed below worked on all)

NOTE: WORKS WITHOUT DRIVER INSTALL ON XP

If for some reason you cannot got this to work on XP do the following: (Thanks kgerry!!)

Hi,

if you run XP and you have Problems to connect to USB try following:

1. Launch ActiveSync on PC
    2. Go to connection settings
    3. Uncheck the Allow USB Connection
    4. bring the device to bootloader.
    5. Now, run mtty ...

... try again to switch from COM1 to USB and follow the instructions of perfect post 3

Hope it helps ... Kgerry

Here is how this thread works:

Post 1: Description
    Post 2: Driver Installation
    Post 3: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM INTERNAL STORAGE
    Post 4: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM YOU SYSTEM

THANKS to:

Reb0rn - for pointing me to the light!
    l2tp - for the images
    lunasea - for providing me with working drivers

and of course to anyone else I forgot.

I hope this helps people!!

MG
    i must say this is the reason i got my old rom working and stuck with it without wanting to upgrade. this happened to me, and for about 4 days or more the phone kept crashing and needing a hard reset. even changing roms or reloading the same rom didnt fix.
    i tried the MTTY thing and it was difficult to get going.

i personally really appreciate writing all this up, because now i will probably go and try another rom, with this thread in the back of my mind if things start acting up.
    so thanks!

To be honest, i have NEVER experienced the issues that require MTTY! I have always just flashed from internal storage and never had an issue.

I wrote this because i just wanted to get MTTY working incase i ever do experience it!!

MG
    Start Windows without Digitally signed Driver Check... or sumthing like that...

This is only if u have problems with the x64 driver... like i did... :p

BTW... u made a beautiful how-to man. Great job! :D

added this to the first post!!

thanks alot!

MG
    Finally I've found the solution! I'm sorry for wasting your time, but I want to thank you for all. Happy new year!

Glad you got it sorted, I dont really look at this thread any more as the instructions are prefect.

MG
    works great for me using xp virtual pc on windows 7 ultimate good work

WOW!!! There are still people using the Diamond!!

Thanks for the comments!!