My Epic Sense 6 Splash Screens

Search This thread

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
Hey guys, waiting for my phone to mail in...meanwhile I made some splash screens. Enjoy! :)

Version 1

white
black

Version 2

white
black

I used this splash screen maker to make the splash screens with the correct android-info.txt, so hopefully these should work. However, in case they don't, I take no responsibility if you guys brick your phones applying this through the bootloader.

Also, I figure I should mention, there is no gray border around the actual splash screens :)

instructions, as per @dgtiii
Code:
1. Place splash zip in your fastboot folder, rename splash.zip.
2. Reboot to bootloader, connect your phone to pc, should go to Fastboot USB mode
3. Fastboot oem rebootRUU
4. Fastboot flash zip splash.zip
5. Fastboot reboot-bootloader
6. Unplug your phone, select reboot in bootloader, see your awesome new splash screen!

Credits
@ordg7341 for the android-info.txt
@IceDragon59 for the splash screen maker
@dgtiii for the installation guide

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Splash screens or bootanimations ? Afaik splash screens can only be edited with s-off. If they are boot animations i suggest to edit the title to rule out confusion ;)

Nice screens anyway :)

Reactions: ssojyeti2

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
Splash screens or bootanimations ? Afaik splash screens can only be edited with s-off. If they are boot animations i suggest to edit the title to rule out confusion ;)

Nice screens anyway :)
These are splash screens. I saw a few other threads with splash screens though? Confused...if I make them flashable through recovery will they work?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Well try but i really think you need s-off to write the partition where the splash screen is located. I also read in the OP of the splash screen creator that s-off is mandatory.

Edit :

But don't worry if they don't work now, i think that s-off will be available for the M8 so your work is not for nothing !

Last edited:

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
ok I fixed the first version, and once I find a copy of Cambridge Round Light Expended font somewhere, I'll make some boomsound splashes

Reactions: Maedhros

ordg7341

Jul 31, 2013
Toms River
Hey these are some sweat splash screens. I like the first one with HTC sense 6, but I cant download it. Every time I try it says its invalided. Hope that gets fixed one day and I like the idea with having powered by Boomsound as a footnote like I read somewhere here earlier. I like the art, keep it up!

dgtiii

Jun 8, 2013
Seneca, IL
I am going to ask a dumb question, but how do I flash these? Ssojyeti2, did you test these on the device? I just can't get them to work, and I'd like to, you did an excellent job on these mate!

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
Hey these are some sweat splash screens. I like the first one with HTC sense 6, but I cant download it. Every time I try it says its invalided. Hope that gets fixed one day and I like the idea with having powered by Boomsound as a footnote like I read somewhere here earlier. I like the art, keep it up!
When is it invalid? Is the download link broken or does it not flash properly?

I am going to ask a dumb question, but how do I flash these? Ssojyeti2, did you test these on the device? I just can't get them to work, and I'd like to, you did an excellent job on these mate!
Umm well I haven't tested these out yet either but they should be flashed through the bootloader, which means s-off is required

dgtiii

Jun 8, 2013
Seneca, IL
That wasn't what I was thinking, but it may work. I'd hold on flashing for now till I can test it myself, unless you feel adventurous :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Lol, well I felt adventurous I guess. Worked great mate, and looks incredible, nice job.

2. Reboot to bootloader, connect your phone to pc, should go to Fastboot USB mode
6. Unplug your phone, select reboot in bootloader, see your awesome new splash screen!

Thank you, ssojyeti2, nice work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, waiting for my phone to mail in...meanwhile I made some splash screens. Enjoy! :)

Version 1

white
    black

Version 2

white
    black

I used this splash screen maker to make the splash screens with the correct android-info.txt, so hopefully these should work. However, in case they don't, I take no responsibility if you guys brick your phones applying this through the bootloader.

Also, I figure I should mention, there is no gray border around the actual splash screens :)

instructions, as per @dgtiii
    Code:

Credits
    @ordg7341 for the android-info.txt
    @IceDragon59 for the splash screen maker
    @dgtiii for the installation guide
    Sweet boot screens...:good:
    I tried one on a Sprint M8 variant. It failed trying to fastboot flash it in RUU mode. Does anyone know how to fix it for the Sprint variant? Great work by the way OP. Using the beats logo like that is very creative.

EDIT: NM. I got it to work for Sprint M8. Below is what is required in the android-info.txt:

modelid: 0P6B70000cidnum: SPCS_001mainver: 1.54.401.5btype:1aareport:1hbootpreupdate:12
    IF anyone is having problems flashing this or any splash screen through ADB on an AT&T Variant M8, because it keeps failing, I have the fix. I have the corrected android-info.txt file that needs to be replaced in the splash zip file. Below will be the download link for the corrected file. All you have to do is have a zip opening app like 7-zip and open the splashscreen file on your pc, linux or mac. You can either: A) Open the android-info txt file and replace the text inside with what's inside my android-info file. B) Or you can just cut and paste my file into the Zip file replacing it with mine. That's It, this will make any splashscreen work on all AT&T variant.

android-info.txt

BTW, this must be flashed through ADB only not recovery.
    I'll add this in rn

Edit: ok I still didn't add it yet...don't worry lol I'll get to it some point today
    So N00b question will the splash screen stick on a restore or will they be wiped after each rom flash? Sorry for the dumb question been away from android for about 3 years.

They will stick. Completely different partition that doesn't get touched when wiping or flashing roms.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk