Touch screen not working - even in Windows

Search This thread

ananthb

Mar 25, 2010
First off: Let me clarify that I searched the forums but could not find any thread that described my problem. If this has already been answered, please help me close this thread.

I'd been running the Desire V5 Android build with Jul 23rd zImage for a while now without any problems.

I recently started having lag, slowdown and non-responsive touchscreen (I'd have to wake my device many times before it started responding). Last evening, it stopped responding completely. I pulled the battery and booted back to Windows, only to see that that touchscreen wasn't working even there!

Worried, I flashed the shipped ROM for my T-Mo HD2 - no SPL (RUU_Leo_1_5_TMOUS_2.10.531.1_Radio_Signed_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08_2_Ship) and the touchscreen started working again.

I thought everything was fine and started Android, and found that the touchscreen stopped working.

Now, even reflashing the shipped ROM doesn't seem to do anything.

What can I do? Should I do a Task <what>? Has anyone seen/had this problem before? I'm hoping it isn't defective hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:

ananthb

Mar 25, 2010
Im glad you got it fixed :)

Maybe you can put a [fixed] or something in the thread title to help others?
Just a thought :)

Guess I spoke too soon! The problem is back, and this time I didn't even boot into Android. Guess it's the hardware. I'll just have to install the stock ROM with SPL and go back to T-Mobile! :(

aalbrecht

Jan 14, 2010
Guess I spoke too soon! The problem is back, and this time I didn't even boot into Android. Guess it's the hardware. I'll just have to install the stock ROM with SPL and go back to T-Mobile! :(
I have the same problem. Right now, I think it's the hardware. Just sat down the other day with my HD2 in my pocket. Maybe it has been bent or something like that. I don't know....

mmmajor

May 6, 2010
Charleston, SC
the same thing is happening to me..at first if i locked my phone and the screen wudnt respond..now it wont respond at all..i tried flashing it..still not working!!..has to be something with android..i installed a new android build the day b4....or the new cookies home tab replacement...i installed that too...dont kno wat to do now... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

palakat

Jul 18, 2010
I have had the same exact problem.. the touchscreen stopped working when my friends and some chicks were taking pic (EMBARASSING :)) ).. and i even tried it on windows mobile, didnt work. tried that yellowish button in the back of the phone to reset it.. nothing happened.. so i plugged in my phone to charge up (IN WINDOWS since i couldnt boot into android.) It was charging the whole night, and when i woke up the issue is gone, havent had it at all after that.

slimster

Jul 8, 2009
i am almost positive its hardware; you all are describing the same exact problem i had a month back. i finally had enough and called htc, found out the phones are warrantied for a year and sent it in for repairs. took about 3 weeks and my phone was back, 100% fixed and cost me nothing out of pocket (well except the cost of shipping the phone to them). instead of fighting it, call htc......i was so glad when i got this problem fixed it was so damn annoying! good luck all

rmeneses86

May 16, 2010
I had the same problem a few months back. It is certainly hardware. I had this problem before android was available on our hd2's. I task29'd it, flashed to stock rom, and reverted to stock spl. Nothing fixed it so I had to send it back to T-Mobile.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App