[17.APR.2012][ROM] AOKP Build 32 *Unofficial* working on it

Search This thread
S

sportsstar89

changelog adb fixed? and a number of other fixes ive been meaning to build for a while

kalvinlou

Oct 5, 2008
Does the rom rooted? I cannot find the superuser. Please help.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

ericemir

Jun 21, 2011
I am getting consistent "[Name of the app running] is not responding. Would you like to close it?" If I hit Wait the app runs just fine but the message pops up consistently.

Any suggestions phone is running super sluggish and lags randomly.

Thanks in advance

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
no updates ? :confused:

i hope someone takes over the development of this rom !!
it would be great to have aokp on our nitro !!
also if someone can guide me in porting the latest aokp builds to our nitro !

i am ready to learn :)

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
no updates ? :confused:

i hope someone takes over the development of this rom !!
it would be great to have aokp on our nitro !!
also if someone can guide me in porting the latest aokp builds to our nitro !

i am ready to learn :)

If you did, we'd all be very grateful. Also, devs should try porting MIUI roms to our Nitro.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
AOKP is a super sweet ROM. I have it on 2 other devices. But an issue I noted, the softkeys don't light up. Is this a known issue, or just me? I did pull a log (dmesg/kmesg and logcat) but there was no information that was useful to this issue. In addition, I can help with camera issues (which I am working on now).

comhack

Mar 8, 2010
Pale Blue Dot
www.comhack.com
Well I received the Nitro a couple of days ago and I right away I rooted and unlocked the phone. Anyway, I tried numerous CM9 roms and every single one of them was extremely laggy with force closes and random reboots.

I finally installed this rom even though there is not much development going on currently but it seems to work beautifully (besides the camera and keys not lighting up).

Am I the only one who cannot get any of the CM9 roms to function correctly? I tried CM9 RC1, CM9 Nightly, HO!NO! FT, [CM9][SGS III theming], etc. with no luck. They all boot but start crawling along after a couple of minutes. It seems like the processor is getting pounded but I cannot even check it because nothing is functional. I am starting to regret getting this phone even though the hardware is excellent.

That said this AOSP works beautifully so far (after a few hours of usage).

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I don't know why you'd be having problems with CM9. What version of CWM do you have installed? Which Gapps did you install with it?

Reactions: comhack

nexwave-mat

Aug 13, 2010
www.nexwave.ca
Well I received the Nitro a couple of days ago and I right away I rooted and unlocked the phone. Anyway, I tried numerous CM9 roms and every single one of them was extremely laggy with force closes and random reboots.

I finally installed this rom even though there is not much development going on currently but it seems to work beautifully (besides the camera and keys not lighting up).

Am I the only one who cannot get any of the CM9 roms to function correctly? I tried CM9 RC1, CM9 Nightly, HO!NO! FT, [CM9][SGS III theming], etc. with no luck. They all boot but start crawling along after a couple of minutes. It seems like the processor is getting pounded but I cannot even check it because nothing is functional. I am starting to regret getting this phone even though the hardware is excellent.

That said this AOSP works beautifully so far (after a few hours of usage).

A few people have had this issue. Do some research in the forums but I think the unbricking processes will resolve it for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you did, we'd all be very grateful. Also, devs should try porting MIUI roms to our Nitro.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

i am working on a miuiv4 port for our nitro !
    just worried about the kernel though!!

anyways, i'll post it in general section about the progress of the port ! :)
    This ROM is BADASS!

I installed it and like it a lot, but a couple issues cause me to uninstall.

-TIBU cannot find root, so it's not working.
    -the persistent google search bar option to hide is no longer available
    -camera

will this ROM be continually updated? if so, I can&will make a donation.

Thanks again!

Install superuser from the market, reboot and it should work.

For persistent google search bar, i believe you can force stop the service and it goes away. Or, do what I did and install trebuchet into /system/app and use that instead.... it's a little smoother than the stock launcher as well.
    well, drat, even with superuser tibu & rom manager cannot find root on my device.

Oh well, very cool ui on this rom, i liked it A LOT!

Hmm... did you run superuser after you installed it? I think I ran into the same problem until i actually clicked on superuser...
    I don't know why you'd be having problems with CM9. What version of CWM do you have installed? Which Gapps did you install with it?