[Q] Dev edition ROM

Search This thread

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
Hi again,
Is it possible install a Dev Edition ROM on a "common" Moto X?

Thanks!

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hi again,
Is it possible install a Dev Edition ROM on a "common" Moto X?

Thanks!

The Dev edition Roms aren't one byte different from the regular ones.

The vzw Dev edition uses the regular xt1060 ROM.
The GSM Dev edition use the T-Mobile xt1053 ROM.

What are you trying to accomplish?!?

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
The Dev edition Roms aren't one byte different from the regular ones.

The vzw Dev edition uses the regular xt1060 ROM.
The GSM Dev edition use the T-Mobile xt1053 ROM.

What are you trying to accomplish?!?

I just wanna "transform " my regular Moto X to Moto X Dev Edition. So Is it possible?

My Moto X is a XT1058.

Thanks the replys

StATicxTW0T

Jul 9, 2013
I just wanna "transform " my regular Moto X to Moto X Dev Edition. So Is it possible?

My Moto X is a XT1058.

Thanks the replys

There is no hardware or software difference besides the unlockable bootloader. When the bootloader exploit gets released, unlock your device, and it will be nearly the same. (I only say nearly because I feel like i'm forgetting something.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010

My Moto X is a XT1058.

Thanks the replys

That really doesn't make sense....but no. You can't.

There are SEVERAL XT1058s. Which do you have? The AT&T Variant, or a different one?

If you do NOT have the AT&T variant, you can already unlock the bootloader which basically "transforms" it into a DEV edition without doing anything else.

Any phone with an unlocked bootloader *IS* an un-official "DEV" edition. There is nothing "special" about the Dev editions except for their unlockable bootloaders, or rather the fact that they retain their warranty after being unlocked.

I'm not understanding what you intend to gain?

ALL Moto X's have unlockable bootloaders *EXCEPT* for the Verizon, AT&T, and Republic Wireless variants.

The only thing "special" about the dev editions is that they keep their warranty intact after unlocking the bootloader. But if it isn't a device SOLD as a DEV edition, you will void its warranty anyways.

And if you happen to have the AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, see the thread in General titled "China Middleman Back" - that guy sells codes that unlock the bootloader on the locked variants. If you pay him and get a code, your phone will be a non-official DEV edition. If you DON'T have AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, you can *already* unlock it *FREE* from Moto's official unlock website.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011

There are SEVERAL XT1058s. Which do you have? The AT&T Variant, or a different one?

If you do NOT have the AT&T variant, you can already unlock the bootloader which basically "transforms" it into a DEV edition without doing anything else.

Any phone with an unlocked bootloader *IS* an un-official "DEV" edition. There is nothing "special" about the Dev editions except for their unlockable bootloaders, or rather the fact that they retain their warranty after being unlocked.

ALL Moto X's have unlockable bootloaders *EXCEPT* for the Verizon, AT&T, and Republic Wireless variants.

The only thing "special" about the dev editions is that they keep their warranty intact after unlocking the bootloader. But if it isn't a device SOLD as a DEV edition, you will void its warranty anyways.

And if you happen to have the AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, see the thread in General titled "China Middleman Back" - that guy sells codes that unlock the bootloader on the locked variants. If you pay him and get a code, your phone will be a non-official DEV edition. If you DON'T have AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, you can *already* unlock it *FREE* from Moto's official unlock website.
@samwathegreat can i flash a Galaxy Note 3 rom? I want to transform my maxx to a note 3. I really like the bigger screen.

Wut?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@samwathegreat can i flash a Galaxy Note 3 rom? I want to transform my maxx to a note 3. I really like the bigger screen.

Wut?