[Q] Tab 10.1 gets warm on back left?

Search This thread

kooldude537

Oct 24, 2009
So like the title states, my tab gets pretty warm on the back left rather quickly. Anyone else have this happen to them? Hopefully I don't have a faulty unit! Thanks for your responses in advance.

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
Mine does the same. I noticed you guys posted this earlier in the year. Have you noticed any major issues coming from this problem?

K Rich

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
Nothing here. It's just the processor, but I've been OC'd since the second day with no issuess

Sent from your mothers house.

joseph168

Sep 19, 2011
I used to post this issue once already. This is causing from Manufactor. If compare to ipad2, ipad2 maitain very well on processor. I played wid my fren's ipad2, it is not warm as our tab. Shame on u samsung

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
I used to post this issue once already. This is causing from Manufactor. If compare to ipad2, ipad2 maitain very well on processor. I played wid my fren's ipad2, it is not warm as our tab. Shame on u samsung

*sigh*, shame on them indeed. I wanted a ipad like experience without getting a stinking ipad.

rcy1

Sep 25, 2011
Not to be a **** or anything, but why didn't you just get the iPad then? I got the Tab because I didn't want an I pad lie experience - I wanted to be able to customize my tablet, not have to use iTunes for the simplest task, see flash animations etc. Some heat on the back of the unit is not a deal breaker.

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
Not to be a **** or anything, but why didn't you just get the iPad then? I got the Tab because I didn't want an I pad lie experience - I wanted to be able to customize my tablet, not have to use iTunes for the simplest task, see flash animations etc. Some heat on the back of the unit is not a deal breaker.

I knew I should have specified what I meant. lol When I say Ipad like experience. I mean a device that simply WORKS and WORKS well. Everything is smooth, no lag issues, no slowness. I'm not a fan of apple at all. However I do understand and realize that they make great products. I would rather have a Hp Touchpad than purchase an Ipad. Thats how much I don't prefer apple products. But, I can't deny how seamless and smooth an ipad runs. Understand now?

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

I don't really care about the heat on the back. My problem is the panning on the home screen and how theres significant lag and it seems to stutter to pan to the next home screen. I did a factory reset and still have the same issue. I see that many many others have the same problem as well.

rcy1

Sep 25, 2011
OK..I see what you mean. I can put up with a few quirks rather than be locked into using the Ipad only how Apple forces me to.

When it comes to switching screens, I find that tapping the left and right sides of the screen makes the screens switch faster than swiping. When I swipe left or right it seems laggy. Anyone else find this?

Last edited:

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
OK..I see what you mean. I can put up with a few quirks rather than be locked into using the Ipad only how Apple forces me to.

When it comes to switching screens, I find that tapping the left and right sides of the screen makes the screens switch faster than swiping. When I swipe left or right it seems laggy. Anyone else find this?

never tried this before, but trying it now and it does work. Its smooth and fast. To bad it doesn't pan like this with swipping. :(

rcy1

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, it's weird how it's faster one way but not the other. Wonder why. I prefer the screen tap over the swipe anyway.

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
Ditch the crappy stock launcher and replace with "ADWLauncher EX". Laggy UI launcher solved, smooth as iPad even. But when inside apps, well the launcher doesn't control that, so the lag is back :(

Back on topic, yes mine too gets warm when CPU utilization continuously high for some period of time.