ThemesFactory Guide & Themes *Updated 07/30/12*

Search This thread

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Added Stitchy by Wiezen to OP as requested in a pm. Sorry I haven't been around still pretty busy maybe this summer I can make more themes and redo the guide. Although if I get ICS on my phone I haven't decided whether or not I'll continue to use Go Launcher Ex I guess I'll see when I get there.

aeroman

Jul 12, 2007
Ruhrpott.de
sorry for the late report, currently has very to work... :rolleyes:

I'll give it a try - thanks, not too sure if it's going to work - but at this stage I'll try anything :) Cheers. Enjoy the weekend

yeah would be worth a try me and report please :)

What!!!! sounds too weird....

I know Crazy Idea :D

I have not tested it, but if possible it would be a small revolution, Or? :cool:

Added Stitchy by Wiezen to OP as requested in a pm. Sorry I haven't been around still pretty busy maybe this summer I can make more themes and redo the guide. Although if I get ICS on my phone I haven't decided whether or not I'll continue to use Go Launcher Ex I guess I'll see when I get there.

you mean it brings many changes to run the Themes on a ICS Rom?

Greetings

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
The Ics launcher has features go launcher currently lacks like widgets in ago drawer if and they add this or ics launcher isn't as likeable as I first thought I might use go launcher but right now ics does a lot of what go launcher does by default except themes of course. I would imagine there will be a theme changer for ics aosp in the future if there isn't already though.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt!

Reactions: aeroman

longlivingdude

Feb 24, 2012
Hello everybody,

I've tried installing the themefactorybeta.jnlp but the downloading remains stuck at a certain percentage. So now I can't even start the beta which is very frustrating as I want to start creating themes. Any help?

Last edited:

aeroman

Jul 12, 2007
Ruhrpott.de
The Ics launcher has features go launcher currently lacks like widgets in ago drawer if and they add this or ics launcher isn't as likeable as I first thought I might use go launcher but right now ics does a lot of what go launcher does by default except themes of course. I would imagine there will be a theme changer for ics aosp in the future if there isn't already though.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt!

I test one of my themes on Android 4.0, its small catastrophe, a lot of System Apps was not right themed,
must change and Edit the Codes. :eek:

but i like Go Launcher, hav a lot Settings and amazing Features, and it will continue to use first. :cool:

Best Regards

Ikenna1

Mar 3, 2011
Mine is downloading but slow as hell.....

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Mine is downloading but slow as hell.....
download mine data and put it into c:\3G_GoLauncher_Dev_ThemesFactory

hope it helps ;)

Nope it didn't work
thanks for trying.

gondronk

Feb 15, 2011
ok....

i already install JDK, make path at variable environment, running application, downloading...

then whan patching application, it show notification its need JDK 1.5 or 1.6

what's wrong it is...
can somebody help me

Ikenna1

Mar 3, 2011
I figured it out everyone downgrade back to jdk 6 update 26

This fixes the downloading issue.

Sent from my Ally using xda premium

Mr KOP

Oct 1, 2010
hi alls,
i am a new designer go theme
Is there a way to add another activity? i want present my new themes on notification bar
thanks

Turocqua

Mar 6, 2012
Hello!!

Hello !!. I discovered this forum a few weeks ago and after reading a lot I could publish my first themes on the android market.

I want to show you but I can't post links...by now, hehe

Thank you very much!
Keep on working and sorry for my english

kushki

Dec 18, 2008
gatineau
My First Theme

Hi, guyz I finally could post my first theme to android market. Something colourful yet not too clumsy. Let me know if you like it or not, also suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

link

mfndoom

Oct 14, 2010
Anyone veen having problems exporting lately? Everytime i try to export themefactory freezes up and i have to shut the program down.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

pandik

May 9, 2011
www.androidtheme.pl
Hey. Themefactory is crappy. But when it try to export create temp file in c:\themesfactorytemp. Copy this file to your theme root directory then you can run it see errors and correct them ;)

Sent from my Blade using xda premium

pantrif13

Dec 4, 2011
Athens
Anyone veen having problems exporting lately? Everytime i try to export themefactory freezes up and i have to shut the program down.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

The only errors i have seen from theme factory are related with bad patches of 9s pngs. Here you can learn how to patch them correctly! Also google search is always your friend. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sorry I am pretty busy and not able to participate in this thread much any more. Unfortunately I've switch over to Android Ice Cream Sandwich I will no longer be using Go Launcher Ex unless they decide to update their launcher to be up to par with Apex Launcher and other ICS Launchers. I want the in-app drawer widgets and other features ICS has to offer so hopefully they update GO Launcher to offer these features so I can continue to use it. Anyways I'll try to add as many themes to this post as I can if you PM them to me but because I haven't really done anything with themes for over 6 months I don't really remember a lot of the details. This thread is here for reference hopefully it helps you guys out since I will be unable to do so.

This guy hasn't been updated for a while unfortunately so it may or may not be relevant any more if you want the latest version of ThemesFactory you will have to search the GO Launcher New Blog for it. Anyways Thanks for all your support and everything you guys do you're awesome!

l6Yj4.jpg

GO Launcher EX is the extended version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular home apps in Android Market. It’s a highly customizable home replacement application, which will run when you press your android phone’s HOME key. GO Launcher EX supports hundreds of themes, fast flip speed and tons of useful functions.
    GO Dev Website

I've used Go Launcher Ex for several months and it's the best home replacement on the Market and I highly recommend all the Go Products to everyone. With the Go Products your phone can look and feel however you want it to. Please post your Themes so that everyone can enjoy them!

Guide to Themeing GoWidgets
    Go SMS Theme Maker

Guide to using ThemesFactory:
    The download and other information about ThemesFactory can be found here HERE
    I haven't been using ThemesFactory for that long I'm not very artistic I just use materials I can find online and also simple Paint and Photoshop methods. ThemesFactory allows you to create a Theme based off an already existing template by replacing the different parts within it. Setting up ThemesFactory is a little tricky and also as I've seen with certain things such as the tabs in my theme it seems to have bugs. It's really all trial and error I guess unless you have a better knowledge of how the themes are actually read by GO Launcher Ex.

First thing is first download and install the Java JDK from HERE. After you install it browse to "C:\Program Files\Java\" inside it there should be a folder labeled jdk1.6.0_26 or whatever the latest Java 6 JDK version is. Now you know the path to your Java folder you need to setup your Environmental Variables.

Environmental Values:

First off you must go to the Environmental Variable Settings in Windows. (I don't know how you would use ThemesFactory in linux sorry)
    1.From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties.

2.In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

3.In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.

4.Finally, in the Environment Variables window (as shown below), highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button. Add or modify the path lines with the paths you wish the computer to access. Each different directory is separated with a semicolon as shown below.
    SOURCE

Under "System Variables" click New then type in JAVA_HOME as the Variable name and Variable Value C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_26 (or your folder location) After this is complete add ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin; to your PATH.

Make another Variable Named classpath Variable ;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\rt.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\dt.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;

How to Export Video found here

Uploading to the Market:
    Well first off I want to say be careful what is in your themes even your free ones I got my Facebook Theme suspended it apparently violated terms even though it was free lol. Anyways just make sure everything in your themes is usable and not copyrighted or trade marked.

Now you must go thru all the files in the theme using either an IDE or Notepad++ and change the package name refrences from the random name to the name of your theme in lower case. Make sure the package name is correct because once you upload your Theme to the market you can't change it unless you upload it as a new app instead of a update. You may also want to change the version code and version number in AndroidManifest.xml that way it doesn't said version code 6 and version number 1.5 when it's only 1.0 or what ever.

After this is done export it and make sure everything is in working order.

Now you must zipalign using the zipalign tool from the Android SDK. Open a cmd window. I usually right click and hold shift and open the cmd window in the folder zipalign is in I just moved it to my ThemeStudio folder because that was easiest. Then you just run the following command.

zipalign -f -v 4 ThemeName.apk ThemeName1.apk
    More info here

If it worked it will create a new file ThemeName1.apk or what ever you tell it to name it and you can upload that to the market.

Other Useful Links:

I found these videos a while back I haven't really watched them but thought they might be useful to some of you that want to do a little more in dept stuff that you can't do in ThemesFactory. GO Launcher theming (old way)

My Themes:
    All my themes are now on the market! (Except Facebook and Zelda)
    Also check out my blog! http://tehum.blogspot.com/

GreenDroid Donation

Market Download

SpaceOdyssey

Market Download

Rainbow Circles

Market Download
    Download
    Screenshots

retroPlus

This is a CM7 theme I ported. All credit for the backgrounds, icons, and other resources go to jasonevil.
    Market Download
    Download
    Original Here

Legend of Zelda Theme

No Longer on Market
    Download

Facebook Theme

No Longer on Market
    Download

More Screenshots

More Go Launcher Ex Themes from the Thread::
    Note: From now on I'm just posting names and download links thanks for understanding about my time.

iDro - FireStorm theme by ArtismFoundry
    Play Store
    preview_iDroF320x480shot-1.jpg
    preview_iDroF320x480shot-3.jpg

preview_iDroF320x480shot-5a.jpg

preview_iDroF320x480shot-6.jpg

iDro - DarkShell theme by ArtismFoundry
    Play Store
    pview_iDroG320x480-1.jpg

pview_iDroG320x480-4.jpg

pview_iDroG320x480-3.jpg

pview_iDroG320x480-8.jpg

Themes by GL Design Studio
    Play Store
    Play Store

Drive Theme by Rennlab
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.com.rennlab.drive

Antique Theme by Rennlab
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m.rennlab.antique&feature=more_from_developer

Cutdroid by kadsy
    Market download

Stitchy by Wiezen

Download from Market
    Ubuntu Unity

Market Download

Harry Potter by biotob

Download

Roosticity by lostarchon

Download Here

iPhone 3 Theme by AzoozThemes

Market Download

Sand Theme by el_liberator

Download

Theme by Gautch

Market Download

XDA Theme By AzoozThemes

Market Download

Dr. Who Theme by ksjuggalo

Download
    Screenshots

gringer EX by t-ryder

Download
    nerezza by t-ryder

Download

Framed Simplicity by markomega
    screenshot-1317481652147.png
    screenshot-1317481705680.png

Market Download
    Screenshots

Poker Theme by redtrk
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Market Download
    Screenshots

Cracked Yellow Theme By blazerfanbc
    Market Download

Smooth Blu by killer5150
    Screenshot
    Download Link

Ice Cream Sandwich by Terranalon
    Download Link

Green Palet by dragonkhan9
    Download Link

Vending Machine by mindseed
    Market Download

Android Steampunk Theme by mindseed
    Market Download

GoICS by killer5150`
    Download Link

Go Launcher and GoWidget Themes by dcomobile
    Market Link

Let me put your themes here! Please post or PM me either a link to the APK or a market link.

Please use this format:

Title by Person in bold
    Download or Market Link
    If you make a post in this format I can simply quote you to obtain the full code and copy it into the OP. THANKS!

Expired Section of the Guide:
    As Far as I can tell this is no longer needed but i moved it down here just in case.

How to Open Theme Factory as Admin if you have problems:

After this is setup open a command prompt as an administrator and cd to the directory where ThemesFactory is located then type "themesfactory_beta2.jnlp" or the name of the current .jnlp file that came with your ThemesFactory. Now create a new theme with ThemesFactory it should work correctly!

I created this .bat script to open the ThemesFactory with out doing cmd everytime. I won't post a .bat file so just create a .txt file copy/paste this in it and save then rename it to Start ThemesFactory.bat (of course you have to make sure that you have file extensions enabled to do this.) If you need to you can change the directory it CDs to to where ever your jnlp file is. Run as an Administrator for it to work properly. The reason I suggest to run it as Admin is because when I tried to edit certain elements while not running as Admin it wouldn't let me if you have that problem make the .bat file.

@echo
    cd C:\gothemesfactory_beta
    themesfactory_beta2.jnlp
    I was finally able to make a theme~!
    Here's what I've learned:
    Java (JDK & JRE) has to be the Java SE 6 Update 26 x86 version, regardless of what you're running (I'm running Windows 7 x64, and tried both: only the x86 works properly with ThemeMaker)

Grab them here:
    JDK

JRE

Grab the Windows x86 versions (Offline, if you're getting the JRE too)

Next, follow Hyrule's instruction on Post #1 in setting up your Environment Variables.

Make a System Variable with these properties:
    Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
    Path: %systemroot%\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26

Then, look for PATH in your system variables (it was "Path" on mine, I just capitalized it, to be sure) then add
    ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;

The ;%ANT_HOME%\bin; is unnecessary, as it references to ANT Apache installation file (no idea why that was there, though).

I've found that making the bat file really isn't really that important, as I can still run the JNLP file and export WITHOUT admin permissions, but if you want to be safe, go ahead and run it like how Hyrule mentioned.

OH and my theme:
    JgUIl.png
    rZTdr.png

Inspired by Roosticity Icon Set found here.
    Hope y'all like it.
    Like the Facebook one (although I am not big fan of Facebook :) ). Will try it later today...
    All I do is change the last part of the name which is randomly generated characters. so anywhere in my quotes that says greendroid is what you will be replacing with your own package name.

the folder in com\gau\go\launcherex\theme and also edit the file in that folder not the name but actually edit the file R.java
    package com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.greendroid;
    also the folder in \src\com\gau\go\launcherex\theme and once again edit the file not the name of the file classic.java
    package com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.greendroid;import com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.greendroid.R;
    Edit AndroidManifest.xml
    package="com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.greendroid" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0"
    change versionCode and versionName and next delete the bin folder and it's contents. Make sure your project name isn't too long and doesn't contain spaces. Make sure the package name is lower case. Make sure all your png and jpg files have lower case names.

I think that's all of them.