O2x ICS .KDZ leak and new baseband

Search This thread

SovereignKnight

Jun 9, 2012
wow. I thought somebody would be jumping at the chance to crack into this right now. However it doesn't look like there's any activity In this post yet.

noahk423

Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, both the G2x and 2x threads are dead, dang I wish it was like the Nexus forums when jelly bean leaked, it was like 15 new pages every ten minutes.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

phitch

Jan 29, 2012
Yeah, both the G2x and 2x threads are dead, dang I wish it was like the Nexus forums when jelly bean leaked, it was like 15 new pages every ten minutes.

I am guessing a lot of G2x devs are cracking it as we speak actually so they are probably busy!

mr.maxout

Jan 27, 2011
Yankee Swamp
Nice. Can't wait for the drivers to be finally used in ICS roms. That's the only thing preventing me from using ics... :banghead: I just gotta have hardware acceleration and working video playback and recording. This will be awesome! No more snail pace sluggishness. :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

kepapas

May 21, 2012
I haven't been this happy:D since I was a kid wow

Darkknight512

Jun 17, 2012
Alright! Lets get cracking! I wish I knew enough about Android to lend a hand but I don't so I guess I will have to watch the experts work :p

goingPostal

Jul 1, 2012
I'm a little new and everybody's really excited over this... can anyone explain about this in more detail please?

sent from my Paranoid G2X

B@je

Oct 26, 2010
Toronto
Some Guy from the o2x forums flashed it just to see if it would boot and soft bricked his phone and now is in the process of nvflashing to stock but he did say that there is a new LG logo buy it wont go beyond that but at least I can say that this is legit it's only a matter of time we get our **** together

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay guys, you have to calm down a little. ICS (and JB) is closer than ever, but not here yet.

There is no kernel source code published for the V30A ROM currently - and the kernel from the SU660 doesn't work on our devices.
    I did send an inquiry to LG asking about V30 kernel source - but they're not legally required yet to release it as they didn't really publish ICS.
    The SU660 is different from the P990/P999 (has hardware buttons for example).

But there are a couple good things we already know :
    - version update to 2.6.39.4 (it doesn't matter that it's no 3.0.y kernel)
    - no nvrm_daemon anymore - this should mean that LG finally lets the kernel control most sensors. (nvrm_daemon was closed source which was a pita).
    - the kernel is apperantly OC-able out of the box, with a new stock frequency of 1200mhz
    - it looks like we do have Governor support now(!)
    - and of course: a stable ICS (and most likely JB) will be here in the near future

I did contact RC (& Paul) already - but he might wait till we have a P99x ICS drop and/or the kernel source.
    I talked to Ricardo at length yesterday, he's had this since before my interview, I also have known this but was sworn to secrecy. He's still waiting for kernel source to drop, as soon as it does it's a done deal.

mustangtim49@Xda-developers.com
    I hope you all know which section this is and not the iPhone section. Cleaned and removed some useless posts.

Back to topic please!
    What is he in the illuminati :confused:

Hey, f!?k you.
    Who are you? At least I'm taking out time from a nasty custody battle to talk with a friend 3000 miles away in Portugal to see if he or I can help this community. Answer to your question, yes, as far as this device is concerned, he"s is the 'illuminati', he had a full fledged, 3xxxx'ed kernel, LG/Nvidia rom on his g2x 6 months ago! Because he doesn't want to jeopardize his professional relationship with the 2, for unappreciative smart asses that troll these boards, he honored their wishes and did not 'leak' it. Did you even recognize 'XDA NEWS WRITER' in my Sig? Did you notice I got 19 thanks for doing something constructive and helpful and you only have 1 fan of your comment. Don't try to verbally insult an XDA employed writer in his own house and not expect a trip to troll school. I bet you sit around and wait for everything to fall in your lap for free, here's some whine for your government cheese.
    I just personally asked Ricardo to do something for us. Fingers crossed.