[Q] Restoring Back to Stock 4.3 TW w/ Root

Search This thread

nstant

May 18, 2012
Orlando
Nstant.Blogspot.com
Ok so ill try to explain this well enough

I downloaded Philz Recovery. Backed up my 4.3 Touchwiz OTA w/ Root. Wiped and then Flashed CM11.
Now i want to Restore the backup of my 4.3 Touchwiz. BTW the Backup for the 4.3 Touch wiz is 3.97 Gigs.
When i attempt to Restore i notice when it gets to restoring data it says lets say 100mb / 1985mb but the phone says theres only 700MB left.
It will keep trying to restore up until there is no memory left and then it ends in error. Ive already formatted my SD Card to make sure theres space but it still says the same thing.. What am i doing wrong?

Does Philz Recovery not let you Restore 4.3 Touchwiz OTA after it already let me backup?
Is there something i should format that is causing my phone to only say i have 700MB left when it starts restoring the 2000MB Data partition?

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated, Thank you

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
You would probably be better off at this point by installing the full MK2 tar file with odin, rerooting, reinstall phillz, and then restore just your data partition.

Reactions: nstant

nstant

May 18, 2012
Orlando
Nstant.Blogspot.com
Also Side question if anyone can answer this.. Im a fan of CM but the only reason i was going to drop it was because the WFI Hotspot stopped working.. I originally went to CM11 using the 20140207 Build (Feb 07) Which has working WIFI HotSpot. After i updated to Milestone 3 (Feb 09 or 10) it stopped working. Im not sure if anyone else has this problem.. I tried to reinstall the deodexed MK2 Hotspot mod and it wouldnt boot up past the cyanogenmod splash screen. Anyone else run into this problem and know a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You would probably be better off at this point by installing the full MK2 tar file with odin, rerooting, reinstall phillz, and then restore just your data partition.