Update 4.4.2 broke my Bluetooth connection for my Car

Search This thread

joseh92

Apr 5, 2012
Brentwood
Ever since I updated to the latest update which is 4.4.2 as of now, my built in Bluetooth for my car keeps disconnecting and connecting to my phone.
I've tried various resets and reconfiguring the profiles and connecting the Bluetooth and still nothing. It always disconnects and connects nonstop every minute.

Before this it wouldn't do that. It would connect without a problem and stay connected with no issues.

Anyone know what the deal is? I've asked HTC but like always their customer service doesn't know crap about anything.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

robbierockz

Aug 25, 2010
Bay Shore
Ever since I updated to the latest update which is 4.4.2 as of now, my built in Bluetooth for my car keeps disconnecting and connecting to my phone.
I've tried various resets and reconfiguring the profiles and connecting the Bluetooth and still nothing. It always disconnects and connects nonstop every minute.

Before this it wouldn't do that. It would connect without a problem and stay connected with no issues.

Anyone know what the deal is? I've asked HTC but like always their customer service doesn't know crap about anything.

Just submit a technical support email via the HTC website. I've already sent one for an NFC issue not being able to send webpages and URLs to other devices. The more issues you report, the faster they can get to resolving them.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jskup

Sep 30, 2008
Are you using completely stock? I know Bluetooth is one of those things that the custom ROMs have a bit more issues with, and I recall seeing that some of the kernels required updates for Bluetooth functionality.

joseh92

Apr 5, 2012
Brentwood
Ive tried everything but rooting and going custom again. Don't think that will solve it. It doesn't stay connected and no calls can be made or received. I've seen it was an issue with nexus phones with the same update.

jskup

Sep 30, 2008
You've stated that you tried everything, but can you see if you can connect only as an audio device and not Handsfree or Messaging? While not ideal, it helps rule out some potential points of failure.

asawadude

Dec 15, 2008
You're not alone. Since upgrading to 4.4.2 on a bone stock HTC One, I have had the same disconnect issues or better described, it constantly pairs and unpairs, and my contacts will now longer load, I have a 2012 BMW 328i with iDrive. I tried the latest firmware update for my iDrive, but the problems persist. A Google search shows scores of Nexus users who have upgraded to Kit Kat and have lost their bluetooth because of the exact same issues. However, I'm not seeing very many HTC One owners running 4.4.2 with Bluetooth connectivity issues under 4.4.2. I've counted only 5 thus far - you, me, and 3 others.

My wife's Galaxy Note 3 connects to my car with no issues, I've been looking , but have yet to found a solution.

Xerro-Five

Apr 16, 2013
Vancouver
I briefly had a problem connecting to my car stereo after 4.4.2, but the problem was that it would no longer auto connect. I found out that in 4.4 now shutting of Bluetooth on my phone when not in use prevents it from auto connecting to the stereo when I turn it back on, so I just leave it on all the time and it works well.
All stock btw

For whatever it's worth...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

joseh92

Apr 5, 2012
Brentwood
Yeah I've tried everything but no dice, sent various tech problems to HTC. Let's hope they see it and send out a patch 6 months from now

jskup

Sep 30, 2008
It's always connected as hands-free.

I understand that Handsfree is the goal. If you disable Handsfree on your phone, and attempt to connect as only an audio device, is it successful?

Just trying to help debug things. The only Mercedes that I can use as a reference is an older model. I have successfully used my 4.4.2 phone with several vehicles, so I'd like to get a handle on where the problem is to help offer a solution.

asawadude

Dec 15, 2008
I may have fixed my problems - I've had bluetooth working in my car (2012 BMW I-Drive Nav) for the past 2 days, My HTC One with 4.4.2 OTA pairs as soon as I start my car, my contact list loads up within 3 minutes, my inbound and outbound call history appears, and my emails are copied to my car for voice translation.

i think the problem was duplicate google contacts. For some reason, I had 2-3 duplicates of all my goggle contacts on my cellphone, all probably caused by failed sync sessions. I looked at my linked contacts setting under the contact list menu and manually deleted 344 duplicate google entries from my cell phone. I took the phone back to my car, started it up, and to my surprise, the contact list loaded up quickly.

Previously, my bluetooth would pair with my car, but would unpair after 5 minutes while trying to download my contacts. It would disconnect after 1 minutes while in a call but also while trying to download my contacts. Now that it's able to download my smaller contact list successfully, it stays paired and I have not had any disconnects while in conversation.

Hopefully, it stays fixed. If it doesn't, then my next step is to delete my Facebook and Linked In contacts which I really don't need. Give this a try. Perhaps it will work for you as it did for me.

Reactions: joseh92

joseh92

Apr 5, 2012
Brentwood
I may have fixed my problems - I've had bluetooth working in my car (2012 BMW I-Drive Nav) for the past 2 days, My HTC One with 4.4.2 OTA pairs as soon as I start my car, my contact list loads up within 3 minutes, my inbound and outbound call history appears, and my emails are copied to my car for voice translation.

i think the problem was duplicate google contacts. For some reason, I had 2-3 duplicates of all my goggle contacts on my cellphone, all probably caused by failed sync sessions. I looked at my linked contacts setting under the contact list menu and manually deleted 344 duplicate google entries from my cell phone. I took the phone back to my car, started it up, and to my surprise, the contact list loaded up quickly.

Previously, my bluetooth would pair with my car, but would unpair after 5 minutes while trying to download my contacts. It would disconnect after 1 minutes while in a call but also while trying to download my contacts. Now that it's able to download my smaller contact list successfully, it stays paired and I have not had any disconnects while in conversation.

Hopefully, it stays fixed. If it doesn't, then my next step is to delete my Facebook and Linked In contacts which I really don't need. Give this a try. Perhaps it will work for you as it did for me.

Million thanks! It finally works . I never thought the contacts would be the issue, I cleaned up my contacts and removed Facebook sync and after a few hours it's been connected without any issues. Thanks!

asawadude

Dec 15, 2008
I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm on my 3rd day with a reduced contact list and so far, no new issues. Now all I need to do is find an app that does a better job of managing my contact list. HTC Sense makes it very easy to add and accumulate in my contact list, but cleaning it it out and keeping it clean is a painstaking process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.