• phonebattery.jpg
    phonebattery.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 14,986
Last edited:

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
Jedi 6

Stock battery.

Stock settings. Auto brightness on. 2 push email accounts.

Can get 2 days plus with 7 hours screen time.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361577274501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361577274501.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 985
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361577287468.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361577287468.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 946
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361577298957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361577298957.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 944

slowpork

Aug 28, 2011
That's nice. I wonder how a rom effects on screen's energy consumption. My stats is around 5hr of screen time.

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Jedi 6

Stock battery.

Stock settings. Auto brightness on. 2 push email accounts.

Can get 2 days plus with 7 hours screen time.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

Sweet. I can't get past 5 hours these days.

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
I generally get 9-10hrs "screen-on" time... with about 30hrs on charge. I posted this (link below) earlier in the week, as I finally topped 11hrs "screen-on" time with 25hr on charge.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38181771&postcount=5286

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38203635&postcount=5297

CleanROM v4.5 (MA8), stock kernel(MA8), stock battery, TASKER, Inverted Apps, LUX Auto Brightness.

+1

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
I'm curious to know how the battery holds up to someone actually making a lot of calls on their phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I'm curious to know how the battery holds up to someone actually making a lot of calls on their phone.

Ive used up to 2 hours and I can only push 4 hours of screen time.

I'd love to know what they are doing to get 9 hours plus.

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010

Thanks for the reply. As a heavy business user making and receiving 40+ calls a day (a lot of them 20 minutes plus) is why I ask. I have the HTC ONE XL on AT&T now and I burn through the battery by mid afternoon and with no removable battery it's very inconvenient to say the least. I've been thinking about buying the note 2 because of it's battery size and thinking it could be more productive because of it's screen size and software for documents etc...

Thanks again :thumbup:

Reactions: Bsmith0731

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
Hahaha if you are using HTC just come on over you will not be disappointed. ..my word

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

walie

May 30, 2007
Google Now on?
All Location services on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Google Now on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.

Absolutely.

I'm a power user

I have my phone in my hand all day.

I also use maps and navigation often it's rare for me to get over 4 hours of screen time.

I'm also on LTE.

I guess under the perfect conditions this phone could get 10 hours. I've never done it though.

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
I appreciate you guys chiming in. I have everything running full blast in the background as I don't want to have to manually turn stuff on and off as I use it. I'm just too busy to deal with it. After having a phone that I can't swap batteries in, the note 2 may be the ticket.

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
Wanna see pathetic? I'm at the drag races with my son. Been texting and have taken a few pictures. No apps running wild in the background.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361644651446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361644651446.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 442
Reactions: Bsmith0731

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you guys take the argument on a PM?

My stats soo far, JDEVIL ROM L7 ROM w/Included Kernel(cant remember which one)

Watched two 90 min movies on Netflix, connected to WiFi and excellent 4G signal, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail w/1 hour sync intervals, 5 hours(not consistant) of web browsing, heavy texting and a few calls

Thanks not sure how that keeos happening on all my versions they all seem to hit the 23 hour mark. Kinda odd but awesome. I got many inboxes and post in the forums of the magic number 23 lol. Thanks for trying my work buddy.

JDEVIL ZODIAC POWERED ROMS
    Google Now on?
    Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
    Screen brightness?

Can you guys take the argument on a PM?

My stats soo far, JDEVIL ROM L7 ROM w/Included Kernel(cant remember which one)

Watched two 90 min movies on Netflix, connected to WiFi and excellent 4G signal, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail w/1 hour sync intervals, 5 hours(not consistant) of web browsing, heavy texting and a few calls
    That's because you guys are very light users. USE your phone and you'll see how the battery life dwindles.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Agree, heavy usage with LTE and wifi drains the battery crazy. Can barely make it to 5hr of screen on with LTE,phone calls, wifi, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Same. I usually get 4.30 or so but I suppose sitting at 2-3 bars causes a lot of drain when it is searching for a stronger signal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2