Need BIG Help Please(for experts only)

Search This thread

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
Hello Guys, I can't install recovery on my HTC One X. I don't know what happened to HTC One X because it was given to me by my customer. I have installed recoveries and rooted so many HTCs but never came across problem like this :D
I'm stuck on Bootloop. Can't install recovery, can't boot into ROM :(
Tried so many solutions......
First of all what i did was i updated it's hboot to 1.39 by extracting firmware.zip from OTA Update :)
Everything went fine and it hboot was updated :D

Screenshot_from_2014_03_12_23_22_18.png

Then i tried flashing 4 different RUUs by entering into RUU bootloader but they all got stuck on "writing zip...." left it for hour! :(
I tried everything like flashing custom recovery from fastboot or like flashing stock-signed recovery, fastboot erase cache blah blah....
I also tried by flashing separate img files boot, recovery, user etc...
No errors during flashing :D

Screenshot_from_2014_03_12_23_34_27.png

Now the thing is i can't flash any firmware.zip file from RUU bootloader anymore. My bootloader is relocked, tried it by unlocking and relocking again but flashing went failed as i was thinking of updating hboot to 1.72 :(

Screenshot_from_2014_03_12_20_24_52.png

I mostly use Linux but i did try all these methods from Windows but nothing different :(

Details:-
ENDEAVORU XE SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-HTC__001
HBOOT-1.39.0000
Radio-5.1204. 162A. 29

Now i am charging HTC One X by a custom script made by someone else to charge it in fastboot :D

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia

Now i am charging HTC One X by a custom script made by someone else to charge it in fastboot :D

OK first of all you have XE edition not PVT. In any case you can restore ICS witch RUU you try give the result from fastboot getvar all

All XE edition are S-OFF and most of them have problem with JB

EDIT: I see you flashed recovery witch recovery you flash can you go in recovery if not when you flash recovery run the command fastboot erase cache

Last edited:

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
OK first of all you have XE edition not PVT. In any case you can restore ICS witch RUU you try give the result from fastboot getvar all

All XE edition are S-OFF and most of them have problem with JB

EDIT: I see you flashed recovery witch recovery you flash can you go in recovery if not when you flash recovery run the command fastboot erase cache

Nope i flashed 5 different recoveries but still can't enter into them and i also tried fastboot erase cache :(
And now that's the problem. I can't flash anything in RUU Bootloader :(
Always getting that error...:(
There you go :)

Capture.png

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Nope i flashed 5 different recoveries but still can't enter into them and i also tried fastboot erase cache :(
And now that's the problem. I can't flash anything in RUU Bootloader :(
Always getting that error...:(
There you go :)

First run the command fastboot erase cache
Flash Philz Recovery 5.15.9 with comand fastboot flash recovery recovery.img take the recovery.img from zip
After that run the command fastboot erase cache
after this go in bootloader phone not connected to the PC and go in recovery.

Other thing if you can't flash recovery any more or what ever you want to flash, check the battery voltage with this command fastboot getvar battery-voltage if the battery is under 3800mV you must to charge the phone read this THREAD for how to charge phone in bootloader.

Report with result!

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
First run the command fastboot erase cache
Flash Philz Recovery 5.15.9 with comand fastboot flash recovery recovery.img take the recovery.img from zip
After that run the command fastboot erase cache
after this go in bootloader phone not connected to the PC and go in recovery.

Other thing if you can't flash recovery any more or what ever you want to flash, check the battery voltage with this command fastboot getvar battery-voltage if the battery is under 3800mV you must to charge the phone read this THREAD for how to charge phone in bootloader.

Report with result!

Thanks for the help.
As i have mentioned above i tried everything :)
My battery voltage is 4009mV. I tried Philz recovery as you told me to but same result. Stuck on bootloop. Can't boot into recovery and ROM also :(

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
The Rom update utility cannot update your android phone :(
Please get correct ROM for your phone.

Same error as always :(

Thanks for the help ;)

Edit: Of Course i relocked the bootloader :)

Try with other ICS RUU not JB check they are a lot. This RUU in previouse post is the first RUU try with 2.17.401.x

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
Try with other ICS RUU not JB check they are a lot. This RUU in previouse post is the first RUU try with 2.17.401.x

RUUs tried so far:
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.12_Radio_2.1204.127.19_release_271851_signed

RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_Radio_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed

RUU_Pico_HTCCN_CHS_1.20.1400.7_Radio_10.34.80.09H_1.10.84.02_CHS_release_224342_signed

RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_hTC_Asia_HK_3.14.708.28_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_299865_signed

Last edited:

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
RUU with 2.17.401.x are mostly in .zip format. In .exe format their size is just 80-90mb/file :'/

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Probably, if a ruu can't sort it......but unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, wipe ALL even sdcard. Then relock the bootloader and run the 2.17.401 ruu again.

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
Probably, if a ruu can't sort it......but unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, wipe ALL even sdcard. Then relock the bootloader and run the 2.17.401 ruu again.

Now that's the problem. As i have mentioned before i can't install anything not a custom recovery not any ROM and not even a stock recovery :D

Thanks for your help ;)

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
Is there any command to wipe all sd card(mass memory) data through fastboot? cause i can't flash custom recovery at all!

Thanks ;)

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Ow btw the fastboot firmware command you used is wrong in the last screenshot. It's fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and not fastboot flash firmware firmware.zip !
And what's wrong with flashing a recovery ?

Edit :

So you can flash a recovery without errors but can't enter it ! Did you try the 3.14.401.31 ruu ?

Make a factory reset from the bootloader and then run the ruu again.

And another idea, I see your main is 3.20.401 did you use the firmware from that ota ? If so grab the 3.14.401 firmware and flash it, then run the 3.14.401 ruu !

Last edited:

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
Ow btw the fastboot firmware command you used is wrong in the last screenshot. It's fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and not fastboot flash firmware firmware.zip !
And what's wrong with flashing a recovery ?

Edit :

So you can flash a recovery without errors but can't enter it ! Did you try the 3.14.401.31 ruu ?

Make a factory reset from the bootloader and then run the ruu again.

And another idea, I see your main is 3.20.401 did you use the firmware from that ota ? If so grab the 3.14.401 firmware and flash it, then run the 3.14.401 ruu !

Sorry i was flashing with wrong command :D
So i did exactly what you told me to do. I grabbed the firmware file from 3.14.401.27 and flashed it and then i ran the RUU(3.14.401.27) exact version and it flashed my phone successfully. But still stuck on bootloop :(

image.png

Also tried by resetting from bootloader and running RUU again but no luck :(
Any other idea?

Last edited: