[MOD] Skyrocket ROMS on Hercules- This covers stock Samsung ROMS

Search This thread

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Just Thought id share. The skyrocket roms work on our phone too. Just flashed the Alien ROM just to see. Everything worked fine, granted there was some att crap in wifi settings that is useless to us, but at least we know we can use their stuff too. I also flashed jugs kernel with the rom as Im sure the kernel is different, but maybe not. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. Oh, they just got an ota to 2.3.6 yesterday, ill post the system dump here in a few. Hopefully the devs will move to that base.

*I thought I'd throw a zip similar to what they have together. I think this zip will do the trick. Give it a shot and let me know if auto rotate is still borked. I dont think it will be but I have CM7 setup and working audio so I dont want to ruin that :p Let me know and Ill fix issues if there is any.

Conversion

*NOTE: This is for Samsung ROMS only. Do not try it on CM7 or anything aosp.

Last edited:

Darmokk

Jun 13, 2011
DFW, TX
Haha my buddy has a skyrocket and was so PSYCHED now that they are getting more dev traffic to their forum lol. I know they have been toying with our Roms so nice to know it works both ways :)

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
Just Thought id share. The skyrocket roms work on our phone too. Just flashed the Alien ROM just to see. Everything worked fine, granted there was some att crap in wifi settings that is useless to us, but at least we know we can use their stuff too. I also flashed jugs kernel with the rom as Im sure the kernel is different, but maybe not. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. Oh, they just got an ota to 2.3.6 yesterday, ill post the system dump here in a few. Hopefully the devs will move to that base.

Very good idea and thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

dan.follett

May 27, 2010
By the way, the Alien ROM for the skyrocket kicks ass on our phone. I flashed it with whatever kernel it comes with and I've noticed a reduction in the stutter.

It does have a an issue with our accelerometer it seems though.

Reactions: bonesnj0

ThC23

Sep 18, 2010

Does this Alien rom have anything special that our rooms don't have? Kind of what to try it out, but not sure if it's worth it. Any other bugs besides the ones stated?