Help please. Vivid wont boot

Search This thread

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
I have searched everywhere and cannot find any answers. I tried to load a custom rom lastnight and my phone got stuck on the white HTC screeen. I was able to go into HBOOT but everytime i tried to rebot nothing would hapen. I loaded the PH39IMG.zip but it said the file could not be read. Now my phone wont turn on normally or into HBOOT. When I plug it in the orange light flashes and goes out. The only response I get is the haptic on the 4 lower keys.

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
not sure. I made the mistake of using ROM Manager from the market. i downloaded the rom i wanted to the external sd and went into the app, selected "install from sd card", selected the rom and it instantly came up with the white HTC scren. i gave it about 30 min before pulling the battery and loading HBOOT. from there i couldnt do anything so i went to bed. when i woke up i was able to enter HBOOT and got the message "battery low". i plugged it in and the light flashed orange. now nothing. just feedback when i touch the 4 bottom keys. i put a CWM and the zip back on sd card but cant get into HBOOT to flash it...

drewdatrip

Mar 2, 2011
Socal
not sure. I made the mistake of using ROM Manager from the market. i downloaded the rom i wanted to the external sd and went into the app, selected "install from sd card", selected the rom and it instantly came up with the white HTC scren. i gave it about 30 min before pulling the battery and loading HBOOT. from there i couldnt do anything so i went to bed. when i woke up i was able to enter HBOOT and got the message "battery low". i plugged it in and the light flashed orange. now nothing. just feedback when i touch the 4 bottom keys. i put a CWM and the zip back on sd card but cant get into HBOOT to flash it...

I be love you have flash an incorrect cwm and or kernel. Chexkbout the super guide and revert to stock and start again .

Drew

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Reactions: PluggedLlama

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
thats what i thought also but i cant get it to do anything. i hant get into HBOOT or FASTBOOT. all i get is a black screen

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
yes. it just doesnt want to enter. i just left the battery out for 20 min and it finally went to hboot. it asked if i would like to go into recovery, i said yes. it said updating then update sucessful and asked to reboot. did that, white htc screen for 5 min then it turned off like it died again. How would i "re-lock" if i can manage to get back to hboot? and is there a reason my battery wont charge? also can i enter it without the battery and being connected to charger? Thanks for all the help guys

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
the only thing i can get loaded at this time is CWM. where do i go from here? im sorry, i thought i had this all figured out but to be honest it turns out i have no idea what im doing.

travisxcore

Sep 29, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
yes. it just doesnt want to enter. i just left the battery out for 20 min and it finally went to hboot. it asked if i would like to go into recovery, i said yes. it said updating then update sucessful and asked to reboot. did that, white htc screen for 5 min then it turned off like it died again. How would i "re-lock" if i can manage to get back to hboot? and is there a reason my battery wont charge? also can i enter it without the battery and being connected to charger? Thanks for all the help guys

Heres exactly what your gonna do. Follow this step by step.

• Pull your battery.
  • Put battery back in.
  • Turn on phone by holding vol down + power.
  • Plug in USB cable.
  • Enter fastboot.
  • In your adb folder (where you have the fastboot.exe, ect.) in cmd type: fastboot oem lock
  • (Not using your phone) Put the PH39IMG on your SD card
  • Pull your battery.
  • Put battery back in.
  • Turn on phone by holding vol down + power.
  • (Plug into the wall charger if your battery is low)
  • It should automatically detect and flash the PH39IMG.
  • Now your back to stock.
  • Now READ EVERY SINGLE WORD in this and then this.
After this if you still have no idea what to do - Don't pass go. Don't collect $100 You're done.

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
i try to enter fastboot but it goes to CWM based revovery v5.5.0.4. how can i get to HBOOT from here? and when i was there earlier it wouldnt install from sd because the battery was too low

travisxcore

Sep 29, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
It shouldn't go to recovery if your trying to boot into hboot. Either your doing something wrong, the phone is plugged in before you boot into hboot (if you plug your phone in while its off it'll automatically boot to CWM Recovery), or you seriously messed something up (beyond where I can help you).

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
well i WAS able t get into HBOOT fine until i got the message "change a battery" now i have to be plugged in to even get CWM. will the battery charge in cwm? my led flashes orange for about 2-3sec and then goes out..

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
well i WAS able t get into HBOOT fine until i got the message "change a battery" now i have to be plugged in to even get CWM. will the battery charge in cwm? my led flashes orange for about 2-3sec and then goes out..

Yes, it charges in CWM.

Once it's charged enough, try to adb reboot bootloader when plugged into the computer and see if it kicks you to HBoot. I forget whether you can launch ADB commands from CWM or not.

EDIT: Or just do the standard HBoot button combo.

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
ok, ill let it charge for a bit and try the PH36IMG. i really hope this works. i just got this phone thursday!

PluggedLlama

Jan 7, 2012
well the screen timed out so i assumed i would try to get to Hboot. i cant get to hboot. it will only go to CWM. can i install the .zip from here or does it need to be installed from hboot?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
well the screen timed out so i assumed i would try to get to Hboot. i cant get to hboot. it will only go to CWM. can i install the .zip from here or does it need to be installed from hboot?

Are you plugged in while trying to get to hboot? If it's plugged in it will always go to CWM for some reason. There is no reason why your phone will boot to recovery and not hboot.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you flash the boot image before you flashed the ROM?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I be love you have flash an incorrect cwm and or kernel. Chexkbout the super guide and revert to stock and start again .

Drew

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
    Did you pull your battery before trying to boot into hboot?

Did you relock your phone before trying to flash the PH39IMG?
    I have the same problem with my vivid ...if my battery dies it will boot into cwm and nothing else I have to restore my backup and wipe all data then it will boot but I also have the same prob as the guy above me with the black screen and the power button don't do any thing but turn the screen on and if you release the the screen goes off ...its happened twice I had to pull the battery out a few times to get it back to cwm then I'm able to restore ... Bad cwm install or backup??? But my backup works. Idk
    Did you fully charged?
    You should hold the volume down first then the power button, next is keep holding both these buttons and wait..