How much in the UK?

Search This thread

nozzla

Nov 30, 2011
Hi All

I am now due an upgrade on my Desire, and was going to go for the HTC One S. O2 however want £36 a month, for 600 minutes, 1gd data and unlimited texts, so i was wondering what people are paying for it over here?

Cheers

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Go to the vodafone eforum and do it that way you get much better deals! Or just contact them through twitter just look for vodafone UK deals

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App

afonja

Apr 30, 2010
Go to mobiles(.)co(.)uk, chose HTC One S -> T-Mobile -> Show All and you can find this deal:

Line Rental £26.00 monthly with cashback(7 Months Free) Includes 750MB data allowance , 300 Minutes , Unlimited Texts

Plus you can get an extra £60 cashback if you go to quidco(.)com, register, search for mobiles(.)co(.)uk, click on the link and complete your order.

All that will bring your average cost per month down to £15.92 with a free phone, 300 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb of data

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
phones4u is currently doing £27 24month contract on O2, 300mins, 500Mb data, also doing £26 24 month on vodafone 300mins, 500Mb data. But phone free, and SIM free, unbranded as I was told yesterday when I was in one of their shops playing around the one s. (oh yes, the deals only available online but I think that's better cos you have the 14days cooling period which in store you don't get it)
I am planning to get the o2 deal since always on o2 but just waiting to decide which colour to go for... just cannot decide...

nozzla

Nov 30, 2011
i really need 1gb of data! i am going for the grey, just to get away from the black ones chipping whilst those phones are still in circulation!

Cheers all.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Three are by far the best. Just changed to them and their signal and 3G speed is great! When tethered to my PC using wifi and the three networks 3G on speed test I get 56ping, 8/9mb Download, 2.5mb upload.

The deal I went for was Unlimited Data, 1000mins, 5000 texts for £33 a month with £60 credit spread over 3rd and 4th bill.

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
3 have come a long way...

I used to hate them, They where horribly branded, and removing the simlock was almost impossible, compared to other networks.

But they are at the top for smartphone deals, The internet deals they offer + the speed is almost unbeatable.

CaveManDave

Mar 18, 2011
St Albans
3 have come a long way...

I used to hate them, They where horribly branded, and removing the simlock was almost impossible, compared to other networks.

But they are at the top for smartphone deals, The internet deals they offer + the speed is almost unbeatable.

I totally. I remmember their first proprietary handsets and they were nasty cheap plastic... Do you remember those £11 3 phones from Savers? The advertising used to get right on my nerves too, and the support was aweful. I came back to them in 2010 for the One Plan and haven't been more impressed with a carrier since.

Support is also top notch, never have to wait in a queue and like you say, the speeds are the best around...

I don't want to sound like I'm advertising them, but they really have turned a new leaf in terms of service and reliability.. As well as the fact they don't put their fugly logo on every phone I buy anymore :p

nafonja

Mar 2, 2011
Have been with ThreeUK for 4 years, had to cancel my contract this month, as I moved to a new place and don't have any signal indoors what-so-ever. I also found their customer support very useless to help me solve my problem, but had no problems in past to get a good deal for upgrade.

Now I'm with T-mo and my phone arriving tomorrow :)

ccart

Nov 20, 2010
Hi All

I am now due an upgrade on my Desire, and was going to go for the HTC One S. O2 however want £36 a month, for 600 minutes, 1gd data and unlimited texts, so i was wondering what people are paying for it over here?

Cheers

I'm on that tariff but I pay £32 a month as I've been an O2 customer a while so I got 1gb for the price of 500mb (£6). They also threw in 50mms messages a month. I also get 500 o2 to o2 minutes and since almost all of my friends and family are on o2 it works out well. If you've been with them a while give them a call and see what they say. 2 years ago I had a similar situation and I just asked and got 2 extras just like that (unlimited o2 to o2 calls and 500mb bolt on, both for free). If not that 3 deal that someone mentioned for £33 seems like a steal. Phone was free on o2 btw.

nozzla

Nov 30, 2011
I'm on that tariff but I pay £32 a month as I've been an O2 customer a while so I got 1gb for the price of 500mb (£6). They also threw in 50mms messages a month. I also get 500 o2 to o2 minutes and since almost all of my friends and family are on o2 it works out well. If you've been with them a while give them a call and see what they say. 2 years ago I had a similar situation and I just asked and got 2 extras just like that (unlimited o2 to o2 calls and 500mb bolt on, both for free). If not that 3 deal that someone mentioned for £33 seems like a steal. Phone was free on o2 btw.

I've been with O2 for 12 years on the same number and they will offer me nothing!!

I might just for the ease go with O2. or i will buy the phone and get a giffgaff sim card!

ccart

Nov 20, 2010
I've been with O2 for 12 years on the same number and they will offer me nothing!!

I might just for the ease go with O2. or i will buy the phone and get a giffgaff sim card!

Wow thats shocking! I've only been with them 5 years and even then this is the most expensive tariff I've ever taken out with them...usually I was a SIM only customer (£15 a month). I go on their live chat thing and ask what are my options are and I usually get someone saying 'well since you've been with us a while' etc etc. Maybe try your luck and say you've been with them 12 years and you want this phone but that tariff is too expensive and competitors are cheaper and you may have to leave. They seem to value customers so could offer you a loyalty discount (and yes they do this cause my account has a bolt on thingy saying 'Loyalty Discount, -£4'). I have half a mine to ask them to knock another few ££ off for those 50mms messages cause they will NEVER get used lol.

nafonja

Mar 2, 2011
If you have been with your provider for quite a while, then try and call their cancellation line and request your PAC code, they will offer you a really good deal just to keep you with them, but if you deny all their offers and go away with the PAC code, wait for another call... with the best deal possible :)

Last edited:

nozzla

Nov 30, 2011
got pac code. no further calls. sod them! i've gone with the Three UK deal. 500 minutes, unlimited data and texts. £32 a month. O2 have disappointed me to say the least!

EDIT: Thanks for all your advice!

nafonja

Mar 2, 2011
Why no one commented on the deal that I found?

Is it because of T-Mobile or 300 minutes is not enough?

I have never used T-Mo, so I'm curious a little bit now

cookpass

Jan 12, 2009
Wrexham
I'm on Orange panther 31. As it suggests, £31 with 400 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb data though CPW. Also includes free sky sports on the phone and another one of those swappable things.

I also get 15% loyalty discount for staying with them so works out at £26 odd :) coupled with roaming data access to T-Mobile I'm very rarely without H connection.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
whats this roaming data ?? How do you use tmobile when your with orange ?

Id like to know more about this, because with vodafone the 3g signal is non existent where i live, But tmobile have excellent 3g signal (my GF is with them) :(

cookpass

Jan 12, 2009
Wrexham
Basically, if you're on Orange (my carrier) or T Mobile you can use either network for phone and data. Mine seems to spend more time on T Mobile than Orange but either way, coverage is great :) it automatically picks the best one I think.

You also can manually move to either via network selection if you prefer.

Plus orange do that loyalty discount too.

Stiflerlv

Apr 9, 2010
I personaly dont understand, why u all look for "carrier" phones with monthly payment...

Isnt there any "local" internet shops (similar to ebay/amazon) where you can buy? Here there is planty of them! Choose the one u like or the price u like and go ahead!

You can see some of search results here "http://www.salidzini.lv/search.php?q=htc+one" But ofc, these shops dont send outside Latvia, so its not option for thread author

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Basically, if you're on Orange (my carrier) or T Mobile you can use either network for phone and data. Mine seems to spend more time on T Mobile than Orange but either way, coverage is great :) it automatically picks the best one I think.

You also can manually move to either via network selection if you prefer.

Plus orange do that loyalty discount too.

Ohhh i know what you mean now, Orange and Tmobile joined up last year..

I just thought you mean, if you internet connection is crap you could use someone else network lol

Like I (vodafone) could use... say 3 UK network when my 3g network fails.... haha that would be impressive