CM based builds for N900

Search This thread

alien0101

May 21, 2010
I am having few doubts regarding N9000.

N9000 is having exynos and other variants have snapdragon processor.SO why there is difference in processors for same vairant.Is snapdragon more powerful than exynos?

Also I am seeing a different thread for exynos note 3, why we are having different thread?Does it means that builds available in other treads are not meant for this device??

I am also not able to see any CM builds available for N9000 , any idea about that?

Amitds360

Nov 13, 2012
Both the chips are very powerful. According to some benchmarks they have similar score. The beauty of snapdragon processor is that it is capable of shooting 4k videos which exynos cant do.I guess snapdragon also supports LTE and that makes it different. The reason why there are no CM rom for N900 is because samsung hasn't released its source for CM team to work. Be patient. Its up to CM to decide wether to work on this model or not.

The roms from N9005 will not work with N900.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

tkaragoz

Dec 4, 2010
Istanbul
Both the chips are very powerful. According to some benchmarks they have similar score. The beauty of snapdragon processor is that it is capable of shooting 4k videos which exynos cant do.I guess snapdragon also supports LTE and that makes it different. The reason why there are no CM rom for N900 is because samsung hasn't released its source for CM team to work. Be patient. Its up to CM to decide wether to work on this model or not.

The roms from N9005 will not work with N900.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Samsung realesed some source codes I know. Because of that some kernels compiled and distributed in Exynos section.
What do you mean "hasn't released its source" ? Samsung distributed source codes to N9005 and didn't dist. to N900. Why?
I don't understand.
I suppose to N900 doesn't owned by any people who is capable being contributor on CM.
Would you like to inform about the codes?
Sincerely.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Samsung realesed some source codes I know. Because of that some kernels compiled and distributed in Exynos section.
What do you mean "hasn't released its source" ? Samsung distributed source codes to N9005 and didn't dist. to N900. Why?
I don't understand.
I suppose to N900 doesn't owned by any people who is capable being contributor on CM.
Would you like to inform about the codes?
Sincerely.

The Qualcomm source has to be released under the open source agreement as it's not Samsung's software/hardware. -- With the Exynos source it's Samsungs own software/hardware therefore they don't have to release all or any of it to anyone.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
It'll be longer yet.. CM not even started on the source.. And that's assuming they have it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app