DHD won't Boot.

Search This thread

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Hey Guys,

Hope you can help me, I have searched the threads and cannot find an answer.

I have got my hands on DHD, currently it is all stock on 3UK.

It has not been unlocked, but it's stuck in a bootloop and I cannot work out how to fix it.

When I have tried booting into the stock recovery it flashed up a message saying

E: Cant mount/cache/recovery/command - then the phone vibrates 7 times.

I have also tried a factory reset from the bootloader menu but that hasn't worked either?

This is what the phone shows in bootloader

ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 7 2011,19:06:24

Anyone got any ideas how i can sort this out?

Cheers

komikaze

Nov 30, 2013
I couldn't figure out what the problem is ,due to you haven't explained what you were doin when this problem occured :eek:
Can you try using "Easy Ace Root Tool" maybe it will help to unlock ,root and flash a rom
here is the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2169515

I hope you'LL solve your problem

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Hi,

I wasn't trying to do anything, I know how to unlock, flash recovery, root and use fastboot to flash boot.img

But this has got me stumped, I can't unlock the phone and flash a ROM as USB debugging is not on, but I can get into fast boot.

Sent from my Xperia S, made awesome by XDA.

Gussta

Feb 11, 2014
Zagreb
Hi,

I wasn't trying to do anything, I know how to unlock, flash recovery, root and use fastboot to flash boot.img

But this has got me stumped, I can't unlock the phone and flash a ROM as USB debugging is not on, but I can get into fast boot.

Try this:
First donload rom from this site http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?ca...roid&model=Ace

After you download it:
1) conect phone to pc, run instalation ruu
2) during instalation process find in win/temp folder rom.zip
3) copy this file into folder with adb and fastboot files
4) cancel instalation
5) in phone run bootloader than fastboot
6) run command prompt in folder with adb, fastboot and rom files, than run "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
7) wait a few minute until phone goes in ruu install mode (you will see black screen with HTC logo)
8) than from command prompt run "fastboot flash zip room.zip"
9) when it's done if it stay in ruu mode type "fastboot reboot bootlader" and do factory reset
10) reboot and now phone should be repaired :)

Reactions: sudd1976

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Dude,
Thanks for the instructions.

I followed them but the phone won't go into ruu mode.
After reading some other posts on Xda, I think the motherboard is fried.
I called HTC to find out how much the repair might be they said £25.00 to diagnose the problem and up to £150.00 for parts and installation. FFS !!

Going to search eBay and see if I can find a Dhd to use as a donor and replace the motherboard.

Cheers for your help.:thumbup

Gussta

Feb 11, 2014
Zagreb
Dude,
Thanks for the instructions.

I followed them but the phone won't go into ruu mode.
After reading some other posts on Xda, I think the motherboard is fried.
I called HTC to find out how much the repair might be they said £25.00 to diagnose the problem and up to £150.00 for parts and installation. FFS !!

Going to search eBay and see if I can find a Dhd to use as a donor and replace the motherboard.

Cheers for your help.:thumbup

Yes, it is assumed that it's a problem with eMMC on motherboard not working correctly.
But before changing motherboard I would try to change rom.zip to PD98IMG.zip put it on root of micro SDcard.
When your phone is powered off put SD in phone and than power on phone in hboot.
After a while waiting it should ask you to press volume UP to start installation of ROM.
If you get errors like - Fail-PU, than it's obviously that you can repair it only with Riff-box, any other Jtag, og by changing the motherboard.

Sorry for my bad english.

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Dude,

I will give the the PD98IMG.zip fix a try, if it works I will let you know.

If not I have found somewhere that will Jtag my DHD for £25, will update you if this works or not. :fingers-crossed:

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Dude,

Managed to get a motherboard from eBay for £16.00 all fixed and running Cm11 now:)

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra

I have seen two taiwan made devices that have developed the exact same problem. I never saw a made in china dhd with that problem.
I am trying to do some kind of survey.
And if my guesses are right, then it means those with made in taiwan devices have a very high possibility of brick.(QHSUSB_DLOAD brick).

Reactions: Gussta

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Made in ?????

Hi Mickey,

My original DHD was from Taiwan, the donor DHD was from China.

I think a survey would be a good idea, I mean if (and it's a big if) it's a design flaw with the Taiwanese devices then HTC might have to do a recall.

It will be interesting to see some results.

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Hi Mickey,

My original DHD was from Taiwan, the donor DHD was from China.

I think a survey would be a good idea, I mean if (and it's a big if) it's a design flaw with the Taiwanese devices then HTC might have to do a recall.

It will be interesting to see some results.

Ryt... I am going to try a make a survey.
Which of the threads do you think i should put the survey??

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Dude,
if your gonna do a survey, I would post it in the general section, that seems the best one to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Try this:
    First donload rom from this site http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?ca...roid&model=Ace

After you download it:
    1) conect phone to pc, run instalation ruu
    2) during instalation process find in win/temp folder rom.zip
    3) copy this file into folder with adb and fastboot files
    4) cancel instalation
    5) in phone run bootloader than fastboot
    6) run command prompt in folder with adb, fastboot and rom files, than run "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
    7) wait a few minute until phone goes in ruu install mode (you will see black screen with HTC logo)
    8) than from command prompt run "fastboot flash zip room.zip"
    9) when it's done if it stay in ruu mode type "fastboot reboot bootlader" and do factory reset
    10) reboot and now phone should be repaired :)

I have seen two taiwan made devices that have developed the exact same problem. I never saw a made in china dhd with that problem.
    I am trying to do some kind of survey.
    And if my guesses are right, then it means those with made in taiwan devices have a very high possibility of brick.(QHSUSB_DLOAD brick).