Random system crashes and slow bootup (multiple custom ROMs)

Search This thread

otacon239

Apr 18, 2014
I seem to have really strange issues with this phone.

I've tried both C-Rom and Cyanogen and both of them have these same issues.

When I first turn on the phone, it will run, but everything will stutter around at about 1-2 fps for about 2 minutes. I can confirm that this happens even with no 3rd party apps installed.

Secondly, half the time when I go to grab the phone and just check notifications and so on, I'll unlock it and try to press something and it'll be frozen. I have to wait about 2 minutes before I can do anything else on it. The only thing I can do in this time is lock the screen, but not unlock it. I can tell it frozen at a low level because I have a system setting in C-Rom to play a sound when the battery dis/reconnected and that doesn't play while it's in this state. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I've already completely wiped the phone completely once using the return to stock guide and these issues have not been resolved.

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
The first part (FPS issue) happens to me, whe the phone boots, the FPS go down, bad, but the phone works ok, if i put the stopwatch app (CM11) time runs normally but the screen refreshes every half second or more.
Now, the second problem, about the phone freezing whan it wakes up, never happened to me, but i have to recognize that i had a few (2 or 3) reboots just when i waked up the phone and one time it just freezed with the screen off.