Towelroot, a new way of rooting Samsung phones?

Search This thread

1976sam

Jan 9, 2013
midland
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
So far so good

I gave the towel apk a try and I must say an excellent and easy root . I went from slim rom back to nc5 stock uprooted . Down loaded root checker pro then from the stock browser I downloaded the apk file . No problems with my reinstall of twrp. No problems flashing a new rom . Will say that busy box needs to be reinstalled but having no problems at all :p :good:

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
I gave the towel apk a try and I must say an excellent and easy root . I went from slim rom back to nc5 stock uprooted . Down loaded root checker pro then from the stock browser I downloaded the apk file . No problems with my reinstall of twrp. No problems flashing a new rom . Will say that busy box needs to be reinstalled but having no problems at all :p :good:

Did it reset your Knox counter when you rooted with towelroot? If so, did the counter stay at 0x0 after you reinstalled TWRP? I'm already rooted and using TWRP so the only advantage to me would be to clear that Knox counter.

1976sam

Jan 9, 2013
midland
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Well I have never been concerned with knox so I didn't notice an actual 0x0 but I will say all Samsung apps updated. Also I had no warnings on boot . Until flashing a kernel . Unless I've been told wrong that has little to do with my equipment replacement warranty so my thing with knox is solved with a??

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
I could be wrong, but this is only a root method that does not trip knox. It is not meant to reset knox. It is being marketed as a root method.

tweeker404

Jul 10, 2011
Just gave this a shot. Never rooted this phone before. Finally took the plunge.

Worked a treat! Thank you so much. Will donate.

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA

Yes, please donate as much as you can to geohot. He deserves it for achieving such a great feat. And it'll encourage him to tackle future manuf and carrier obstructions.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Reactions: Omar04 and gr8icu

balistc

Jan 18, 2008
Arizona
Also worked on my never rooted Sprint Note 3. Did not trigger knox! Oh I'm on NC5 too.

Last edited:

PUNCHYS

Aug 27, 2008
Am I wrong in thinking that rooting isn't what trips KNOX, it's the installing of a custom recovery? I am very excited that this easy root is available and it wont trip KNOX but wont I need a custom recovery in order to flash a custom ROM or anything for that matter. I just want to figure this out before rooting my device.

Reactions: kingdazy

treo4life

Dec 27, 2007
Atlanta, Ga.
Am I wrong in thinking that rooting isn't what trips KNOX, it's the installing of a custom recovery? I am very excited that this easy root is available and it wont trip KNOX but wont I need a custom recovery in order to flash a custom ROM or anything for that matter. I just want to figure this out before rooting my device.

Ding Ding! That's the question. I'm going to say no one has flashed a recovery after doing this..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA

Flashing a recovery and/or a kernel will trip Knox.

Sent from my SPH-L720

1976sam

Jan 9, 2013
midland
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Ding Ding! That's the question. I'm going to say no one has flashed a recovery after doing this..

So if anyone has a link to tell me otherwise i would love to know why Knox is such a concern . i got my note a few weeks after the release and tripped my knox asap .1. if your in contract you most likely have a warranty so bust the sucker into bits and learn a lesson . No updates from sprint or samsung the problem so what !!! i have yet to see an ota compare to the custom roms i run and eventually we will get the update/feature . The absolute only down side i see at this point is most likely the replacement note3 wont have the snapdragon or will it ? sprint usually sends you a refurb . I really ask this honestly I have been flashing for 4 years and barely could chicken peck the keys on my pc when i started . my day to day job is as a master plumber so i never touch computers , but 4 years later and going through an evo,epic 4g touch / briefly a s3 AND A NOTE 3 ON SPRINT NO LESS . I HAVE YET TO SCREW UP MY SAMSUNGS SO BAD THEY TRUELY HARD BRICKED. Im a risk taker I used towel 10 min after i first heard of it . My advice to a total noob is if you think you bricked but it comes on at all its not a brick give it 2 or three days and do your home work most likely a fix will be or is available . If its as sammy from sprint rwilco12 repository is a life saver . Please let me know what IS the trip in tripping knox if any one can and happy flashing. :good: :laugh: took me all them years to finally post in the forums lmao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Knox was not trigged ! 0X0 !!!!

Since i never had my device rooted and it was never trigged. And it stayed that way.

Full root access!

Note 3 N9005 newest rom
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157 I don't know if this will work for our phones. I don't know if it's safe, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Read about it originally at androidandme.

Edit: People are reporting it works with the sprint note 3 and doesn't trip Knox.

Yes, please donate as much as you can to geohot. He deserves it for achieving such a great feat. And it'll encourage him to tackle future manuf and carrier obstructions.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Flashing a recovery and/or a kernel will trip Knox.

Sent from my SPH-L720

So if anyone has a link to tell me otherwise i would love to know why Knox is such a concern . i got my note a few weeks after the release and tripped my knox asap .1. if your in contract you most likely have a warranty so bust the sucker into bits and learn a lesson . No updates from sprint or samsung the problem so what !!! i have yet to see an ota compare to the custom roms i run and eventually we will get the update/feature . The absolute only down side i see at this point is most likely the replacement note3 wont have the snapdragon or will it ? sprint usually sends you a refurb . I really ask this honestly I have been flashing for 4 years and barely could chicken peck the keys on my pc when i started . my day to day job is as a master plumber so i never touch computers , but 4 years later and going through an evo,epic 4g touch / briefly a s3 AND A NOTE 3 ON SPRINT NO LESS . I HAVE YET TO SCREW UP MY SAMSUNGS SO BAD THEY TRUELY HARD BRICKED. Im a risk taker I used towel 10 min after i first heard of it . My advice to a total noob is if you think you bricked but it comes on at all its not a brick give it 2 or three days and do your home work most likely a fix will be or is available . If its as sammy from sprint rwilco12 repository is a life saver . Please let me know what IS the trip in tripping knox if any one can and happy flashing. :good: :laugh: took me all them years to finally post in the forums lmao