Amaze and Juicedefender issue

Search This thread

RZJZA80

Jun 9, 2011
Every once in a while, ok so maybe everyday at one point or another, when waking the phone, and Juicedefender running, it does not actually turn on the radio although it says radio is on. Only way to get the radio on is to turn airplane mode on and off or reboot. Anyone else having this issue? It's not all the time but enough to where it's getting annoying. I'd like to continue to use Juicedefender because it really does help battery life.

F033x

Aug 5, 2009
Hell
ive been using it since day 2, havent had that issue yet.
sometimes i notice the wifi toggling is a bit off but thats its really

RZJZA80

Jun 9, 2011
Why do you say that? It actually does help battery life.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

F033x

Aug 5, 2009
Hell
Grabbed 16hrs standby, and 4 hours screen on yesterday.. how do you figure its not needed?

Nshih422

Jul 24, 2010
Arizona
Grabbed 16hrs standby, and 4 hours screen on yesterday.. how do you figure its not needed?

Well I'm getting the same thing pretty much except GPS and wifi always on. Never turn radio off and screen brightness on auto.

I don't use any type of battery programs. Just my beastmod ROM. That a love so much, thanks xboarder.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323077310329.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323077310329.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

henry1970

Jun 24, 2010
Juice Defender Actually Worse on Battery Life

Hey Guys, I got the Amaze 2 wks ago and while reading these forums on how to improve batterly life so I installed Juice Defender Ultimate.

Kinda of weird but ever since I installed it, my battery life actually has gotten worse.......... maybe it the settings i have......

Could someone please help!!!!

Thanks

RZJZA80

Jun 9, 2011
The main setting is to turn off the radio when the screen is off, that's the main area of battery savings.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

pomvr

Feb 14, 2008
San Francisco
We're having the same issue with JuiceDefender and our Amaze 4G. The radio will not be enabled after the waking the phone, and I have to toggle it off/on manually to get it to reconnect. I thought JuiceDefender was working great on my wife's phone, as she had 70% battery left after almost an entire day. I then noticed that the radio was not turned on (we were nowhere near our home/Wifi), and she claimed that she was experiencing a massive delay in getting messages (email/MMS). I tried tweaking all sorts of settings in JuiceDefender (it's overwhelming to try and determine the impact of changing any of the settings), but no luck. The problem, from what I can tell, appears to be when switching from Wifi to 4G, and vice versa. At this point I've disabled JuiceDefender (I have the Ultimate version), and have relied on disabling AutoSync (still unclear on what this really does) to help save some battery. I've also ordered the Mugen 1950mAh extended battery. It just got to the point where JuiceDefender was interfering with the functionality of the phone, so I had to disable it. I got the most recent HTC software update a few weeks ago, but it didn't help much in the battery drain area.