[ROM] [MIUI PORT] pre-alpha1 [12-14-11] {WIP}

Search This thread

atoore

May 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
are you referring to the skyrocket not running it, because I am and it's great.

only problem i've noticed so far is it doesn't detect the internal SD card and i dont see an option to change the location of it or use it. back to jug for now

My internel sdcard detects just fine. Check the local disks on my computer.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

atoore

May 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Meant this will still have the same problems already flashed it

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

Indeed yes. They will still have the same problems regardless. Some of the issues are framework sided like audio and data and libraries sided on camera. They could be kernel sided but were not sure. Everything is working on the cm7 using the same kernel... o_O!

ghettoc401

Apr 24, 2008
Not sure if it matters, but in the "About Phone" screen, it shows internal storage as 1.92 GB available / 1.97 GB total. Windows sees the entire 11.2 GB when you mount USB though.

I

I_am_Error

Not sure if it matters, but in the "About Phone" screen, it shows internal storage as 1.92 GB available / 1.97 GB total. Windows sees the entire 11.2 GB when you mount USB though.

That internal storage is the size of storage available for applications.

-We do what we must because we can; for the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead-

Bray90820

Apr 9, 2010
what version of android is this

oops i misread it please disregard

Last edited:

prech

Feb 10, 2011
Exciting news, thanks atoore and mikeyman!

Would anyone who has installed the build provide us a few screen captures? :)

ceoesquad

Sep 19, 2009
compton ca
Exciting news, thanks atoore and mikeyman!

Would anyone who has installed the build provide us a few screen captures? :)

it looks like stock miui but i do love the bootup and sound animation

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

i love miui so much cant wait to have this as a daily driver

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Looks great. I am able to make calls and mms but no data. Says I am connected to At&t but when I try to add APN it doesn't stay. Even in database.db, I enable but no luck there either, Orientation is opposite just like CM7 for i727 but it does look great so far. Thanks. If you'd like some help, contact TPC or Playin4Sheezy over in the i727 area and I'm sure they really like to get involved. Thanks again.

RayG210

My phone is at 16%, once it's charged up I'll give this a whirl. I was trying to port the ROM myself since I couldn't get my hands on this alpha build.. I finally got it to install but it would boot loop. Hopefully I can give what little help I can with the limited knowledge I have. But I'm learning as I go!

emmdub

Nov 2, 2011
Darkside, NS
I just flashed this on my Telus sgs-t989...

first impression (first time seeing miui) : holy crap this is slick :)

More useful feedback once I've had time to play w/ it.

m.

XAviierG

Mar 11, 2011
Indeed yes. They will still have the same problems regardless. Some of the issues are framework sided like audio and data and libraries sided on camera. They could be kernel sided but were not sure. Everything is working on the cm7 using the same kernel... o_O!

Yeah it's complicated. I'm gonna work on international sgs2 as a base. And see if I can progress

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to rewrite this thread from my desktop once my ISP stops acting up.

This is the build myself and mikeyman been working on for the past couple months. We came long way and there is little time left before it goes stable. We decided to post it hoping someone could jump in and help us out finalizing this and also to show you guys the progress and of course to shut the trolling and doubters :D. Its beyond us right now...we're still going to maintain it and update it with fixes each time we find one.

NOTE
    This is not a daily driver build. I have warned you. Don't install this if you're looking for stable build,most stuff don't work. Were not going to support the build...at least not under this state.

What's not working
    - Data.
    - Camera/camecorder.
    - in call audio.
    - Small graphical glitches.
    - find out more by yourself and please report back.

What's working
    -Everything thats not in the list above.

Download
    http://www.multiupload.com/9G7Z7E1M5C

Credits and thanks to
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Dear Users...

Hey guys I thought I'd clear some things up.
    If I'm wrong please don't flame me, I'm only doing my best to subdue the general discontent in [sgh-t989]/[android development]...

Steve Kondik, also known as the creator of the godfather of all ROMS (cyanogenmod) personally owns one of our t989s. That, combined with the fact that this is a FLAGSHIP t-mo device probably means that our phone will be supported from the day that 9.0.0 drops.
    Now, let me tell you what this means.
    As you all know, for a device get non-kang CM9 our hardware must be fully supported. Camera, GPS, bluetooth, egl drivers all must work.

When a huge scale ROM like CM9 is cooked for so many devices I understand it goes something like this

[AOSP modified by Cyanogenmod(teamdouce)] +
    [Android Kernel, also modified by Cyanogenmod]+
    [Device tree]+
    [A virgin sacrifice]=
    CYANOGENMOD

Now the interesting bit, is that as soon as the device tree (Eg. Specific driver modifications for GPS, Camera, GPU) includes our device the device tree can be used to power OTHER AOSP ROMS like Miui :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I know that gingerbread MIUI already makes use of the CM7 device tree, so in all likelihood they will use the CM9 device tree as well!!!

So in conclusion.
    -Because CM9 has a high likelihood of dropping on our devices as soon as it comes out (most likely within the next 30 days)
    -Because other AOSP-Based roms depend on the cyanogenmod device tree
    -WE WILL HAVE A LOT OF FLASHING OPTIONS SOON
    -Probably including CM9 AND MIUI v4 <<<<--------THAT **** CRAY

Thanks for your time, hope it helped :D

EDIT: Don't forget the thanks button :) feels good when you push it.
    I have an SGS2 again for the next couple days if we can fix some things up!
    We are still working on the ROM, we have hit some road blocks. Hopefully we can work them out and make the ROM usable as a daily driver.
    JUST ASK!!!

im going though the steps with xav cause he wants to do the work himself ;P so i have him on gtalk going though the kernel edits that need to be changed and see if that works sence i dont have a device this could possably not work at all... as i said possablefix!! and do u know how hard it is to type all this out off a mobile device????

Ask Bubby If He Can Lend You The Phone, Since He's Not Doing Anything With it Anyway...:cool: Im Sure He'll Be Super-cali-fragilistic-expialidocious about it;)

Just An Idea