[ROM][JB4.2.1] Eclipse 3.1 - Toro - Welcome to the Dark!!

Search This thread

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
Here we go guys and gals! This is the beginning of Eclipse 3.1! This does not have as many features as the 4.1.2 just yet. So chances are if there is a feature that you are missing it will come in a future build. I plan on releasing builds frequently as we progress in a more feature rich build. Eclipse is based off of pure AOSP.

eclipse4.2-2.png

eclipse4.2-1.png

Battery Options *Found under Settings-> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style
battery09small.png

For a changelog please visit here: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?8-Eclipse-3-1-Changelog

Downloads

Download: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showt...e-3-1-Toro-Build-4-1-3-13-Welcome-to-the-Dark!!

How to Install:
1. Wipe Data / Factory Reset
2. Flash Rom
3. Flash Google Apps
4. Enjoy

Already Running an Eclipse Nightly/Progress Build?
1. Flash Rom
2. Flash Google Apps
3. Enjoy your updated build

Last edited:

droidrage2010

Aug 31, 2010
Hutchinson KS
Nitro, I held out for your build because all your previous builds have spoiled me. ;)

Couple of quick questions... can I change the lockscreen clock font back to stock anywhere? I really liked the new look..

Also, I've seen talk that with 4.2 the pics and such from 4.1 are moved somewhere else? Just looking to see how to get my gallery back working again.

Thanks all

droidrage

RoscoeDpG

Dec 10, 2010
The 805
anyone have a transparent search bar mod for 4.2? i dont like how it stands out with the clear white but i like having it on the home screen...does this have the circle batt mod?

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Does this create the sdcard/0 folder like other 4.2 builds?

Alright, guess I'll skip this one for now. Thanks.

im pretty sure it does.untill someone call figure it out we will have to deal with it unfortunately :(

i thought as long as u were on the newest updates of CWM and TWRP that was not a prob?

Reactions: ahjee

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
im on the lastest cwm 6.0.1.5 and i'm still gettin the 0 folders its no biggie but i'm getting tried of it

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

whats the best kernel for 4.2 rite now i'm gettin horrible quadrant scroes and antutu lol. i hear that zen kernel is a battery drain i tried tiny hate it

Protibus

Dec 24, 2011
Warwick
im on the lastest cwm 6.0.1.5 and i'm still gettin the 0 folders its no biggie but i'm getting tried of it

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

whats the best kernel for 4.2 rite now i'm gettin horrible quadrant scroes and antutu lol. i hear that zen kernel is a battery drain i tried tiny hate it

Tiny kernel version 2.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

RoscoeDpG

Dec 10, 2010
The 805

for the few days i was on 4.2 i ran Francos 4.2 kernel and it was great nice deep sleep and batt life was same as on 4.1.2 maybe even little better

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.

yeah, twice i've accidentally deleted my sdcard messing around with these 4.2 roms, not willing to go through it again until someone is able to come up with a fix for it. And i'm running zen kernel on atom 1.38 with no battery problems. got decent antutu scored running sio and interactivex.

Last edited:

RoscoeDpG

Dec 10, 2010
The 805
really can u link that i been searching for franco to drop a 4.2 kernels i love his kernels

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1367341

click on the 4.1.2 nightlys and it will link u to his ftp just click parent directory and u will see a sub directory for 4.2 kernels but they are only img files that u need to use his app to flash just download it use root explorer and move it to the backup folder for his app and use the app to restore it and reboot and u done

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

yeah, twice i've accidentally deleted my sdcard messing around with these 4.2 roms, not willing to go through it again until someone is able to come up with a fix for it. And i'm running zen kernel on atom 1.38 with no battery problems. got decent antutu scored running sio and interactivex.

ya i think maybe the only thing the new recoveries do is make sure when u make a backup it will just make sure the recovery finds it if u want to reflash a back up to 4.1.2 or something

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
kool i got it good looking on this :)

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

guess it been removed or somehting cause i dont see it :(

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

if anyone happens to have the 4.2 franco kernel pls share :)

Last edited:

Cheezhead19

Jan 7, 2012
The 0 folder is required for multi user support in 4.2 on tablets, phones are just kept consistent. It isn't going away, the new recoveries work fine with 4.2. Everybody just needs to get used to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jlvlawrence

RoscoeDpG

Dec 10, 2010
The 805

jlvlawrence

Dec 29, 2011
Lawrence
Anyone getting sleep of death using the Trinity kernel that's included with this ROM? I flashed one of mmuzzys ROMs a few days back and the the same trinity kernel in this ROM and got sleep of death 3 times in one day. Love the Trinity colors though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go guys and gals! This is the beginning of Eclipse 3.1! This does not have as many features as the 4.1.2 just yet. So chances are if there is a feature that you are missing it will come in a future build. I plan on releasing builds frequently as we progress in a more feature rich build. Eclipse is based off of pure AOSP.

eclipse4.2-2.png

eclipse4.2-1.png

Battery Options *Found under Settings-> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style
    battery09small.png

For a changelog please visit here: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?8-Eclipse-3-1-Changelog

Downloads

Download: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showt...e-3-1-Toro-Build-4-1-3-13-Welcome-to-the-Dark!!

How to Install:
    1. Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    2. Flash Rom
    3. Flash Google Apps
    4. Enjoy

Already Running an Eclipse Nightly/Progress Build?
    1. Flash Rom
    2. Flash Google Apps
    3. Enjoy your updated build
    Not that there is anything bad or wrong with 3.1, but I recommend hanging out a lil longer on 2 1 :D
    IMHO 2.1 is perfect, there isn't much really "special" about 4.2aosp(3.1eclipse)

I'm pretty sure nitro is doing something different and special with the next build coming,
    Some of the things you asked about aren't in 3.1 yet.

I didn't find anything bad or wrong about 3.1 BUT I DID go back to 2.1 within a few days. 2.1 is just THAT good. In my opinion there isn't much in 4.2 aosp that makes it worth the time to upgrade. The things that really make 4.2 nice are the keyboard, camera, etc....(basically the new apps. But they can be used on 4.1.2(2.1eclipse) anyways AND u get all the fun settings that are in eclipse 2.1build4.)

Not trying To talk u out of trying it. Just giving you my experience/thoughts about this build. And rumor has it Nitro is gonna drop something really nice for us that's way better than 3.1build1 *soon*(sorry I don't have ETA Lol)

I have been working on a hybrid build that consists of 4.2.1 and 4.1.2 components. I am really not all that excited about 4.2.1. It seems like a step back in my opinion.
    this is a great rom but am using something else due to the annoying black theme on every google app. is there a way to change this?

Dude its called eclipse.

Ever seen a white eclipse before?

Build 3r1 up on eclipserom.com
    I can't seem to get the quick settings to toggle. Also when I disable the CM toggles, the space is still taken up and notifications are lower on status bar than normal.

Correct the quick settings do not toggle in this build. He will make it toggle again on the next build.