[Q] Soft Brick... (A Tricky One)

Search This thread

CobraStrike

Nov 28, 2011
Hey guys,

I've spent countless hours trying to resolve this myself to no avail... So I've come to pray to the XDA Gods for help!

So here's some back story...

Was running Mike's ARHD ROM and loving it.

A part of the screen became unresponsive, so attempted to restore everything back to stock so I can cash in on my HTC warranty...

**This is where things went horribly wrong**

Was following a guide, which got me back to S-ON, tamper flag removed and LOCKED.

Downloaded a stock RUU and ran it and got ERROR CODE 155.

Now, I'm stuck in the boot menu with no custom recovery or ROM so this is the furthest I can go.

Also, for whatever reason my computer stopped recognizing it when I plug it in so I can't seem to use ADB/revone for anything.

Boot menu currently shows:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** LOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT- 1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.22.3263.04
OS-3.62.401.1

I've also tried a few different RUU's with the same result.

*** I'm a noob, so please be easy on me and help me through this... :eek: I would GREATLY appreciate it. I'm not a wealthy man and I love this phone and just want it fixed. ***

Last edited:

CobraStrike

Nov 28, 2011
UPDATE:

Managed to UNLOCK my bootloader once again and gain access to my phone once more...

Lost my custom ROMs/backups, but stock works.

Still has tampered flag and haven't flashed a custom RUU (besides the failed ones that got me to this point).

Could any of you help or point me in the direction of a tutorial for restoring to complete stock?

Really need to get this thing sent in.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
UPDATE:

Managed to UNLOCK my bootloader once again and gain access to my phone once more...

Lost my custom ROMs/backups, but stock works.

Still has tampered flag and haven't flashed a custom RUU (besides the failed ones that got me to this point).

Could any of you help or point me in the direction of a tutorial for restoring to complete stock?

Really need to get this thing sent in.

why didn't you just send it in not booting up at all?

if you return it to stock and it works why would they fix it ?
http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

Last edited: