The Crossbow RDP in Windows Mobile 5.0

Search This thread

JayRayMee.NL

Dec 17, 2005
www.rcblog.nl
The Remote Desktop Client in Crossbow is perfect: just the same as the desktop edition. The possibilty to run in true full screen, 16-bit colors, playing sounds through the Universal's speakers, has an exchangable clipboard, fast rendering, etc. etc.

The one (Terminal Services) in Windows Mobile 5.0 is not much compared to that new one.
Is there a possibility to run the Crossbow version in WM5, or is there a third party alternative, as good as the new RDP Mobile?

Thanks.

JayRayMee.NL

Dec 17, 2005
www.rcblog.nl
Thanks, that's great!! The RDP works perfect as it should in Crossbow on a WM5 device.
Did you extract the RDP from a Crossbow ROM? If so, would it be possible to extract the new Internet Explorer Mobile as well?

Thanks again!! :)

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
The Remote Desktop Client in Crossbow is perfect: just the same as the desktop edition. The possibilty to run in true full screen, 16-bit colors, playing sounds through the Universal's speakers, has an exchangable clipboard, fast rendering, etc. etc.

The one (Terminal Services) in Windows Mobile 5.0 is not much compared to that new one.
Is there a possibility to run the Crossbow version in WM5, or is there a third party alternative, as good as the new RDP Mobile?

Thanks.

Nope, there aren't any REAL alternatives - see my related article at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=288506 .

BTW, unrtunatey, the WM6 RDP client can't transfer files, unlike some of the H/PC .NET implementations - and, of course, the desktop Windows one

peter3k

Mar 13, 2007
It is working on Smartphone WM5

I just installed this on my wm5 smartphone and it is working just fine
you need SPHelper to emulate mouse pointer

THANKS

fgraf

Apr 10, 2006
A solution that work is to use the Windows virtual keyboard (somewhere in accessories). It's like the PPC keyboard, but on the remote computer. It works... Until a better fix...

Regards

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
Works perfect with Blueangel WM5 AKU 3.5

works in 256 color and in 16 bit color

sound works, hardware and software keyboards work

linker3000

Oct 14, 2006
Any update on the keyboard issue

I got really excited about this until I also found the non-working keyboard issue (on an HTC Tytn/Hermes) - any likelihood that this will be fixed and any timescale?

Thanks

kkiran

Jan 7, 2006
WM6 Mobile & Remote Desktop Windows Vista

I shot a video (windows Vista on my Windows Mobile) - It works a charm :)

Have a look at the video if you feel you can spare 10 minutes :)

p.s:: I was experimenting with iMovie HD on my Macbook and got this video made,lemme know if I need to improve :)

Link for the video :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d589LnIGW9o

Sorry for the quality : Was using my windows Mobile's Camera and iSight!!

renarz

Apr 29, 2007
Fullscreen

Hi.

I manage to got it work on my Loox n560, keyboar also work when installed it in main memory, but when I switch to full screen mode then keyboard isn't availible anymore and also can't switch back to normal mode from full screen. How do you switch back to normal mode?

richardjay

May 15, 2007
The program works fine on my SPV M3100 as an RDP client except even when the 'Save Password' box is checked, it doesn't actually save the password !

Do I need to install something else to get this working ?

Eire_1

May 22, 2007
RDP does not work for me

Hi all,

I installed the RDP on my xda orbit WM6. When I try to connect my Laptop (XP Prof. SP2) reacts like desdcribed in other forums (changing to the log-in screen). But on my xda I can't see the remote desktop. Just under a second I can see a picture (looks like a message with a button) but then the display goes black and after some seconds an error message comes that the connection can't be established. Does anyone have an idea what I do wrong?

datakor

Jun 6, 2007
Just installed this new rdp. It works like a charm.
Except I want to use the Function keys I've got on my keypad. So that when I press F12 in Excell that it opens "save as" or F5 to use "go to".

Grtz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible to save the settings "Full screen" and "Fit remote desktop to screen"?