Reports coming in that Xoom Wifi owners have received the updates today!

Search This thread

netbard

Sep 17, 2010
From the sounds of it, this was meant to go out to their preview members only. I guess someone jumped the gun and didn't bother to let them know they weren't supposed to talk about it.

Which is only a guess, since the corporate rep on the forums has been very vague - only a single post with a "maybe" and then a bunch of posts insisting that people who have stated they got an update check their email.

I wonder if Motorola has really internalized the fact that there are, like, four or five other vendors for these tablets coming out in the next few months - many of them with very, very similar hardware. Not communicating with their tech-savvy audience seems like a poor way to convince people to recommend their tablet over others. :p

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
i got the update on my WIFI ONLY xoom i tried installing it it crashed on the android with exclamation mark, so i restarted and its back on 3.0.1 and says its up to date :(
DAMMIT

djsaad1

Mar 18, 2010
This is pretty disappointing. The update obviously exists and works on the wifi xoom but google won't release it yet probably just to make Verizon happy.

Are people really going to go out and buy 3g xooms just because the update on Verizon came first.

machupo75

Feb 19, 2011
My wife's stock US wifi xoom (purchased 1 week ago) got the update last night. My rooted wifi xoom (purchased shortly after launch) hasn't received it yet.

mkrogh65

Feb 25, 2010
Aarhus
My wife's stock US wifi xoom (purchased 1 week ago) got the update last night. My rooted wifi xoom (purchased shortly after launch) hasn't received it yet.

Hmm Being in Denmark and having purchased a US Xoom Wifi I wonder what to do. (Stock 3.0)
So I did the following ...
Added a VPN tunnel to USA. (had previosly brought VPN access)
Set the date 1 day back, to let the Xoom look for updates.
" no cigar! "
Set the date 1 day forward (today´s date)
Still no luck -
I wonder if the update is really rolling out :)

Can Anyone confirm Xoom Wifi is really getting 3.1 right now ?
Is there Anyway to "push" it - (besides the date change procedure) :)

Have a good one :)
Mike -

Last edited:

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Hmm Being in Denmark and having purchased a US Xoom Wifi I wonder what to do. (Stock 3.0)
So I did the following ...
Added a VPN tunnel to USA. (had previosly brought VPN access)
Set the date 1 day back, to let the Xoom look for updates.
" no cigar! "
Set the date 1 day forward (today´s date)
Still no luck -
I wonder if the update is really rolling out :)

Can Anyone confirm Xoom Wifi is really getting 3.1 right now ?
Is there Anyway to "push" it - (besides the date change procedure) :)

Have a good one :)
Mike -

I also have a US WIFI only Xoom in Europe and i'm impatient :)
I downloaded the update from development forum, made a host USB cable and updated my Xoom manually.
I must say that everything that i hoped for is fixed in 3.1, so i'm really pleased with my Xoom now.

mkrogh65

Feb 25, 2010
Aarhus
I downloaded the update from development forum, made a host USB cable and updated my Xoom manually.
I must say that everything that i hoped for is fixed in 3.1, so i'm really pleased with my Xoom now.

ya - I read about the procedure.
I dont think ill root my Xoom, even though my phone is (SGS I9000)
But is it possible to do without rooting the Xoom ?
Could you please provide link from the post you followed ?

Mike

SnakeManJayd

Jan 15, 2011

I'd also like to hear more about your update experience and see how you made a usb host cable.
Will probably require a new thread.

jmfrost

Dec 26, 2007
Not according to my conversation with Motorola today. Can you buy a wi-fi only from Verizon? Just wondering if those are still branded differently and that's why they're getting updates.

For now 32GB is plenty for me so I'm not exactly screaming for the SD card update. But I will be a little disappointed if I have to wait weeks for my update when Verizon got theirs already. There were several items in the list below that I was really hoping to take advantage of. I'm not exactly crying over the update just yet though, because I'd rather do the official OTA update than download directly like others have been doing. However, I will pre-qualify all this with...the rep I spoke with didn't seem to be the most knowlegable and appeared to be reading from a script based on the responses I was given to some other questions I asked. So take this with a grain of salt.

Ann: Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi tablets and other variants of Motorola XOOM will receive the update within the next several weeks.

frost: will this update include the sd card support?

Ann: It does not.

frost: will that fix be implemented any time in the near future?

Ann: It's enhancements are:

● Enables movie services including Android Market Movie Rental via full HDCP / DRM support

● Enables support for full Adobe Flash 10.2 release

● Picture Transfer Protocol Feature Support

● Bluetooth(R) support in Gtalk

● Bluetooth(R) mouse support along with further Bluetooth(R) headset support

● Adding Proxy support for Wi-Fi network

● Resizable widgets

● Additional shortcut key support for Bluetooth keyboard

Ann: Yes. A future software upgrade will enable the SD card.

Coldheat1906

Jun 30, 2008
Fort Worth
So I've changed my Date & Time and still haven't recieved my 3.1 Update for my Wifi Xoom.

Any suggestions....???? (Besides being patient...... just can't do that....) :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts