How Can I Unlock the HTC EVO 3D to Tmobile?

Search This thread

xlk

Jul 9, 2011
i was thinking about buying the htc evo 3d from ebay.. is it possible to unlock it to tmobile?

xlk

Jul 9, 2011
If you search the forum a bit you can find threads on how to do this. I'm sure I've seen a thread or two on metropcs and evo 3d.

yeah i saw it too. but i think you cant get mms on it thru metropcs. i hope i'm wrong. i'd love to move from my $55/month (taxes included) on tmobile to $40/month with metropcs. i'd be happy.

kaptainkool3

Aug 9, 2011
Noob

I know this must have been answered before but I am not able to find it :(. You are a senior member can you kindly answer or point me in the right direction?

What are the steps to unlock my Sprint EVO 3D and use it with MetroPCS?
Does rooting mean unlocking?
There seems to be two types of rooting soft and hard, which rooting is required or unlocking?
Thanks

fowenati

Sep 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I know this must have been answered before but I am not able to find it :(. You are a senior member can you kindly answer or point me in the right direction?

What are the steps to unlock my Sprint EVO 3D and use it with MetroPCS?
Does rooting mean unlocking?
There seems to be two types of rooting soft and hard, which rooting is required or unlocking?
Thanks

It's not called unlocking for Metro, Unlocking is a term used for GSM Phones.
You are wanting to FLASH to metro pcs. From what I know there is some CDMA workshop trickery involved, and I believe you DONT need to be rooted for it to work although I could be wrong. Also btw ROOTING UNLOCKING

Armenian6000

Sep 29, 2010
forum.osmasterminds.com
Metro is garbage, if you want the best, pre paid , its page plus, 45- buck a month with unlimited talk text and 20mb internet but best part is it uses verizons service
Which in my case tops any pre paid plan by a milestone
Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

oscarh24

Jul 17, 2010
Metro is garbage, if you want the best, pre paid , its page plus, 45- buck a month with unlimited talk text and 20mb internet but best part is it uses verizons service

lmao...what good is that when u got no data? not only that but PP needs a verizon esn.....if there was a way to change the esn on the evo 3d u think people would pick PP over boost? metro roams off of sprints towers. u can actually load a sprint prl into any metro phone and it will work. anyhow metro is great cause u get unlimited data, even if its slow u still get data and all ur apps work. yes you can flash the evo 3d to metro pcs, its same as flashing any other phone. u need cdma ws to change the passwords and all that stuff the m.ip and the ppp. i sold my last evo 3d on metro pcs alsmot fully working...mms is not working. im getting another evo 3d in 4 days ill see if now with root theres a way to get mms. all apps work on metro pcs.

google: flash evo 4g to metro pcs and its the same settings. u will need cdma ws 3.7 its worth buying it

Armenian6000

Sep 29, 2010
forum.osmasterminds.com
I havnt watched this but here proof it works on EVO 3d
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=696BWrH7LbQ

lmao...what good is that when u got no data? not only that but PP needs a verizon esn.....if there was a way to change the esn on the evo 3d u think people would pick PP over boost? metro roams off of sprints towers. u can actually load a sprint prl into any metro phone and it will work. anyhow metro is great cause u get unlimited data, even if its slow u still get data and all ur apps work. yes you can flash the evo 3d to metro pcs, its same as flashing any other phone. u need cdma ws to change the passwords and all that stuff the m.ip and the ppp. i sold my last evo 3d on metro pcs alsmot fully working...mms is not working. im getting another evo 3d in 4 days ill see if now with root theres a way to get mms. all apps work on metro pcs.

google: flash evo 4g to metro pcs and its the same settings. u will need cdma ws 3.7 its worth buying it

xlk

Jul 9, 2011

Armenian, thanks for the reply.. but is page plus available in new york? and is it $45 a month with taxes included? please tell me more.. thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It wont work with tmobile but maybe you can get it to work with metropcs or even boost.

Although I hear there are some legal concerns about doing this..