[ROM]4.1.2|KING-KANG|Monster One| Spen Gestures (yes fully secure screenshot works)

Search This thread

magnumforce2006

Feb 8, 2011
Been noticing some huge battery drain on this lately... Battery stats says that "phone" has been using around 60%. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?

kimocal

Jul 28, 2006
Pilot Hill, CA
Just an FYI but Secure Settings now has the ability to enable/disable/toggle HW Overlays under Developer Options.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin

4a6a3a5e.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Thunder22

bsc7080xsc

Mar 22, 2008
Shelbyville, KY
Loving this ROM however when someone calls me or I end a phone call I get an error regarding the com.android.phone. I am using the UCLF5 modem, should I be using F6 for this ROM?

I have included some screenshots of the error report in case it helps.

meny9uta.jpg
jehadyva.jpg
u8emu8yv.jpg
ba5etasa.jpg
uvatapes.jpg

- 66.NODNF

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
Ok I've been searching for the past 2 days after switching to this Rom from Paranoid Android and I can't seem to figure out how to get the status bar to show in tablet mode.. I've searched status bar and notification bar in this thread and nothing comes up. I also tried the King Jelly rom and had the same problem but was able to fix it in the power button menu in the navigation bar control area but that doesn't fix the issue in this rom. I've also tried changing the density, tried to google it, checked and unchecked the hide extras option, changed the navigation bar height rebooted, rebooted again etc etc etc. My last resort now is asking.. Can anybody please help me with this issue??

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Ok I've been searching for the past 2 days after switching to this Rom from Paranoid Android and I can't seem to figure out how to get the status bar to show in tablet mode.. I've searched status bar and notification bar in this thread and nothing comes up. I also tried the King Jelly rom and had the same problem but was able to fix it in the power button menu in the navigation bar control area but that doesn't fix the issue in this rom. I've also tried changing the density, tried to google it, checked and unchecked the hide extras option, changed the navigation bar height rebooted, rebooted again etc etc etc. My last resort now is asking.. Can anybody please help me with this issue??

Not sure if you found your answer or not, but while looking around in the OP I noticed this quote and then I saw your question. Maybe it will help.

From the OP----"Information
Some AOKP features power over the ParanoidAndroid ones. For example, in order to get Tablet UI, you first need to check the "Tablet UI" option in ROM Control, then change it to the desired mode in Paranoid Android, and then reboot."

kimocal

Jul 28, 2006
Pilot Hill, CA

I just started having this issue recently and now it's gotten to the point where right after I reboot the phone I get that FC error right away. Here is what I've tried:

• clearing the cache/data for the Phone app, restart phone - Still have the FC error.
  • wipe system & dalvik cache in Recovery, Fix Pemissions - Still have the FC error.
  • NANDROID backup current ROM state then just re-install King Kang M1 over existing KK M1 ROM, wipe cache/dalvik, Fix Permissions - Still have the FC error. I can make a call but get the FC right after I hang up. I get the FC immediately when receiving a call.

Looks like I'll have to clean flash the ROM after wiping system. It's been awhile since I've flashed a ROM so I guess my phone is telling me it needs it flashing fix.

**EDIT**

I've linked my LOG CAT I made the other day. I started recording, received a call, got the FC, then stopped recording. Any body have any idea of what to look for? This is new territory for me.

http://santangelo-eng/android/callissue.txt 1.2 MB

Last edited:

joon82

Mar 28, 2011
Loving the rom but I've ran into some problems.
Gmail - shows i have new mail but i can not see them in my inbox
Google music - Had to install and reinstall to get it work
Anipang,Dragonfly - Only two games I play and they both makes phone random reboot.

jasonstackhouse

Inactive Recognized Themer
Boss ROM, I have actively passed on this due to the spen gestures not working until I saw that I didn't read the instructions on the first page. So big bump, only ROM for this phone with almost stock capability. ROM also has been a breeze to mod, look for a full set of theme mods on top of the ROMs already amazing self installed mods

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Nov 5, 2010
Activity Media Storage Isn't Responding (And it's driving me mad)

I am at my wit’s end searching for information, but I keep coming up empty.

I want to return to this ROM, but it (and about every other) JB ROM has an issue where audio does not work when it first boots up. Whenever an alarm, alert, or ringtone should play the program will freeze and, eventually, an error will pop up to tell me that “Activity Media Storage Isn’t Responding” with options to Close or Wait. Closing immediately fixes the problem until the next reboot.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know a solution? If there is no proper fix, might there be a script that can get the issue out of the way each boot? (Like asking it to immediately play an alarm on bootup, which is what I usually do to workaround the problem.)

I am profusely grateful for any information or help anyone can offer. I want to get back to King Kang, I want to enjoy Jelly Bean, and I’d love not to miss calls/alarms. Thank you in advance, and I beg pardon if somehow my searching missed something along the way.

Nov 5, 2010
Solving Problems

Alright, I have solved the problem, and in case anyone else should run into it, well, this may be your solution.

First, to better define the problem: mp3’s in any folder on internal or external memory card would not work when set as a ringtone or alarm regardless of how it was set. Whenever the alarm/ringtone was called upon the system (specifically the app that called up the sound to play) would freeze and eventually pop up an error reading “Activity Media Storage Isn’t Responding”, which upon force closing would then work properly.

Now, various fixes did not work. Moving the mp3 to particular folders on internal or external memory did not work, for instance. Upon searching, it was mentioned on another Samsung model that this problem was related to the mp3 format and may be fixed by using the .ogg format. This alone did not fix it. Instead, the following process is what I did to fix it.

1) Convert the mp3 to ogg using whatever means you prefer.
2) Move the file into the root directory /system/media/ringtone or /system/media/alarm (/notification for notification). [Caveat: Using Solid Explorer to copy/paste the file did not work for me; it would say it copied, but the file wouldn’t work proper. Root Explorer, however, worked flawlessly. Remember to Mount R/W first!]
3) Change Permissions of the audio file. Permissions should be as follows:
Owner: Read, Write
Group: Read
Others: Read

4) Now, go to Settings in your ROM, find Apps, and track down Media Storage, choose “Clear Data”

5) Reboot and wait a couple minutes for things to repopulate.

6) When setting the alarm/ringtone, choose to pick the audio file via Media Storage, and your ogg file should be there. Voila. All should be well; the problem is fixed.

Now, does it have to be an ogg? I am not so sure, I took the ogg advice before tinkering myself and I didn’t try it with the mp3. Experimentation is how Newbie’s learn, you know, so go for it.

Admittedly, I did not Fix Permissions in Recovery this time, but I am certain I did in previous attempts to fix the problem. However, this is always a good first step.

Now, it seems I am the only one who had this problem, and I haven’t a clue why. If anyone has insight on that, well, I am happy to hear it because I’m quite curious about it. And in the off chance that someone, somewhere runs into this problem, on this phone or ROM or any other pairing, I hope this works for you as well as it did for me.

And, as always, thanks to the dev team!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kangpreview3.jpg

ICS video :

What is King Kang?
    King Kang is essentially a hybrid ROM - its a mixture of AOKP, CyanogenMod, and ParanoidAndroid, bringing all their customizations to one rock solid and quick ROM. These numerous features combine to create a blend of features not seen anywhere else before. Make the user interface yours with this ROM. Change the DPI the ROM runs at, tweak the interface to your hearts content, while enjoying great battery life and stability. Never before have these features combined to create a ROM as feature-packed as King Kang. Credits for the features goes directly to the teams responsible - AOKP and CM for their respective work, and ParanoidAndroid for their wonderful DPI on-the-fly modifications. Without these teams, this ROM would not be possible.

What is the future going to be like for King Kang?
    Currently, it is heavily rooted in AOKP as its main base. As the ROM progresses, it will grow and extend its functionality. Want to see a feature from a different ROM that isn't here, or have an idea for a new feature that isn't currently in any other ROM out there? Fill out the feature request form located here so that we can bring it to you! http://kan.gd/1t88

What are the current features of King Kang?

How do I install King Kang?
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Reboot into your recovery (TWRP is recommended)
    3. Wipe data if you are coming from a ROM besides King Kang
    4. Flash the King Kang ROM zip
    5. Flash the Google Apps zip
    6. Format your dalvik cache/normal cache
    7. Reboot
    8. side load (or adb push to /system/app) the PA app (may or may not need to) change permission and reboot.
    9. Customize your experience to your heart's content!

Download

Get King Kang Jelly here
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    Latest one for Jellybean (CM10) should work perfectly

Information
    Some AOKP features power over the ParanoidAndroid ones. For example, in order to get Tablet UI, you first need to check the "Tablet UI" option in ROM Control, then change it to the desired mode in Paranoid Android, and then reboot.

This ROM began as a creation by DAGr8 for Android 4.0, ICS. It offered a simple AOKP + PA combination.

The ROM is currently being built 100% from source. The "team", a.k.a. people maintaining and adding features from other ROMs is currently myself and DAGr8. Without the other teams though, this ROM would be nothing.

Contribute
    Want to get involved in the ROM? Grab the ROM source, located here: http://github.com/KingKang
    Send pull requests, and PM me!

Credits
    • Rohan32
    • AOKP Team
    • ParanoidAndroid Team
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • All of the contributers to those respective ROMs
    • All the fools (thats right fools :D) who hang out in IRC
    • All them testers

ICS release info and downloads here :

BASED of LF6
    AOKP Build from source for the I717 by me . Milestone 6
    (using CM 's source kernel)
    Paranoid Android Features All included V1.5a
    LTE toggle was removed it didnt work anyways .
    Make sure you are on latest TWRP2.2.1 or latest CWM ( you can use Rom manager to update it or do this

get ALL of King-Kang releases Including KinKanger's OC Kernel (not the same one as built in the rom ) here
    Built from (H0tw1r3 's source kernel)

get PA 's optimized Gapps here : http://4ndr01d.com/drcmda/common/

Changelogs in Latest Version

updated to milestone 6 (last release of AOKP for ICS they are moving on to JB )
    Rebuilt from scratch
    NFC (shoudl be) fixed
    Added Data toggle + 2G toggle + Lte toggle ( not sure the Lte one works tho)
    Native i717 camera instead of the skyrocket one that was in the previous build *shoudlnt see any differences
    Stock LF5 kernel (hopefully this fixes issues some are experiencing)
    Tried to make Keyboard display proper size on first boot

Bugs / fix / mods:

_If you have many apps installed and PAD list keeps crashing on you do this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28162502&postcount=54 (you can thank him in his post for that)

_How to DISABLE/ENABLE Hovering Pointer when using S-Pen- For those of you who do not like this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28204299&postcount=178 (you can thank him in his post for that)

Rules (and I mean it)

1_Please be smart !
    some features of aokp over power the pa ones
    For instance you cant get into tablet ui without first allowing it inside rom control
    Dual Panel view in settings is dependant of ROMControl .

2_Wipe 3 times flash again and report later .
    3_IF I can not replicate the bug even if 3 of you have the same one go to rule one , eventually it will solve it self .
    4_Error still there ? Logcats or gtfo
    5_Please dont answer or trollusers who cant read whats next just poitn them to this thread ..

PLEASE READ :
    These releases will NOT include ParanoidPreferences.apk . I will not get into details why its not included in the rom.
    But , know this : it is NOT warez ....
    so any one can upload to his host of choice I will link it in the op..
    otherwise yall know where to get the app .
    just push it to system/app ( I didnt even had to reboot nor fix permissions but I do recommend it) .

CHANGE LOGS:
    kko12
    everythign AOKP Final release has . ( checkout the new lockscreen)
    quick reply pop up
    lefty mode <------
    spen gestures (fully secure) (select custom app/ aokp actions / take screenshot
    ascending ringtone
    camera select storage (finally)
    allow copy paste in gtalk
    cm 's advanced phone settings ..
    this version is pretty much final , until aokp or Pa updates there stuff .