Which charger for extended battery?

Search This thread

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
Hi at all, i've just bought an Anker 7200mhA extended battery for Galaxy S3.
I wonder if i buy a charger with 2A output (5V) can i recharge more speedily my extended battery without to wear out it?

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

duce415

May 28, 2011
I have the same battery and I just use the standard charger that came with the phone. Works just as good as it did in the original battery.

App: Tapatalk
Battery: Anker 7200 extended
Rom at the moment : m.o.a.r 8.0

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
Are you still using the stock charger or were you able to get a 2A one?

Today i haven just got the extended battery (came to me at 52% of charge). I charged it through my power supply of tablet (Mediacom brand) with 2A output.
At http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html?m=1
you find a review about charger and i thought to buy a Kms Ac09 with 2A output. But i'm waiting the item..

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Reactions: Geekboy26

Geekboy26

Feb 12, 2014
Today i haven just got the extended battery (came to me at 52% of charge). I charged it through my power supply of tablet (Mediacom brand) with 2A output.
At http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html?m=1
you find a review about charger and i thought to buy a Kms Ac09 with 2A output. But i'm waiting the item..

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

I'd love to hear your feedback on how the new charger worked.

Krishu

Feb 17, 2014
Hi at all, i've just bought an Anker 7200mhA extended battery for Galaxy S3.
I wonder if i buy a charger with 2A output (5V) can i recharge more speedily my extended battery without to wear out it?

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Not sure, want to try and see :rolleyes:

Geekboy26

Feb 12, 2014
The charger of tablet with 2A output has taken little more than 6 hours from 3% to full charge. ..

That's an amazing time for an extended battery. How long do you go without charging it?

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
That's an amazing time for an extended battery. How long do you go without charging it?

Effectively into document i linked some post above you can read that chargers with higher output current take a save time about 30%.
I have used the battery for about 20 hours
aha5ehys.jpg
and i noticed that from full charge to 80% the battery discharges more speed than lower 80% percents.
Substantially the discharge is not uniform.

Top Liked Posts