LG G Pad 8.3 or Asus Nexus 7?

Search This thread

Rapepini

Nov 27, 2012
Zero Branco
Hey there,
I am going to buy my first tablet and I am not sure which one to choose. In Italy, 32GB nexus 7 is 190 euros, and G Pad 8.3 is 180 (very cheap).

Which one should I go for? Is the LG g pad supported many developers (I like modding)? :)

meanoc

Feb 22, 2014
I vote for the G Pad. Previously owned a Nexus and a Samsung Pro 8.4 and like the gpad the best. If you look in the developer section theres quite a few roms floating around. Nowhere near the nexus but still a pretty good selection.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Rapepini

jrpbulk

Jun 10, 2008
If you mean the glad 8.3, I have and nexus 7 2013. N7 is better all around except the 8 inch feels better to hold and easier to read due to screen size. All other features n7 wins.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Also looks like a new nexus 8 of some sort is coming soon, rumors of course.

Rapepini

Nov 27, 2012
Zero Branco
If you mean the glad 8.3, I have and nexus 7 2013. N7 is better all around except the 8 inch feels better to hold and easier to read due to screen size. All other features n7 wins.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

If I'm not wrong nexus 8 is coming on fall, so it's pretty late :(. Can you explain me why do you prefer nexus 7?

meanoc

Feb 22, 2014
If I'm not wrong nexus 8 is coming on fall, so it's pretty late :(. Can you explain me why do you prefer nexus 7?
I'm very curious too. The G Pad has a bigger screen, better chipset, expandable storage. The only advantage the Nexus has in my eyes is that there is a lot more roms to choose from. Some people complain about the screen on the G Pad but with a custom kernel and software to adjust the gamma you can get it very close to being perfect.

To me being as your in Italy and the G Pad is cheaper its a 100% no brainer. Good luck on whatever you choose :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I vote for the G Pad. Previously owned a Nexus and a Samsung Pro 8.4 and like the gpad the best. If you look in the developer section theres quite a few roms floating around. Nowhere near the nexus but still a pretty good selection.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm very curious too. The G Pad has a bigger screen, better chipset, expandable storage. The only advantage the Nexus has in my eyes is that there is a lot more roms to choose from. Some people complain about the screen on the G Pad but with a custom kernel and software to adjust the gamma you can get it very close to being perfect.

To me being as your in Italy and the G Pad is cheaper its a 100% no brainer. Good luck on whatever you choose :good: